Where do the Colons sleep?

May 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So we know that Quote and Curly sleep because they both do so on numerous occasions depending on which path you take in Cave Story, and Chaco has proven to us that Mimigas do indeed sleep. So the Colons must sleep somewhere in the Sand Zone residence. But we only see one bed in the Sand Zone residence. Curly probably sleeps in that bed in the small room where you find the first puppy. That said, there are no other beds. Where do you think the Colons sleep? They couldn't possibly sleep on the floor, could they? That would be very cruel and out of character for Curly, to hog that one bed, and make the Colons sleep on the floor. We've seen a hidden passage in the small room. Could there possibly be another hidden passage in the small room that isn't accessible in Cave Story that leads to a room with enough beds to accommodate four Mimigas? What do you think?

May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Maybe the bed isn't as narrow as it appears, and it is actually big enough to hold all of them side by side. Oh man that'd be so cute. It'd be like "Goodnight Curly" "Goodnight colon 1" "Goodnight colon 2" "Goodnight colon 1" "Goodnight colon 3" etc etc.

Yeah that was dumb. Anyway I think it's likely that their rooms are hidden or Curly is hiding them in her attic. If the main room only has a bed with a robot, it would look like only she lived there and nobody else. Their rooms are probably hidden somewhere for their own safety. Why Curly decided to have them parading around the main room when Quote enters is beyond me. Maybe it was play time or something.

May 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Or maybe the bookshelf in the room can be brought down and turned into a bed like those hide away beds or whatever they're called...
Of course, if I'm wrong, forget I said anything.

May 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Maybe the bed isn't as narrow as it appears, and it is actually big enough to hold all of them side by side.
That's more or less my guess as well, except I was thinking the Colons may still (barely) be small enough that two of them can fit in the space of one person.
Kind of like this
:|:
(with the vertical line being Curly and the dots being the Colons)

May 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Based Member
Their rooms are probably hidden somewhere for their own safety.
Yeah, that's my thought.

Why Curly decided to have them parading around the main room when Quote enters is beyond me. Maybe it was play time or something.
That, or just she was okay with them being in the main room as long as she was there to protect them, unlike when she's sleeping and she'd need to make sure they're in a place where nobody would find them because it's difficult to protect Mimigas from killer robots while you're sleeping.

I was thinking the Colons may still (barely) be small enough that two of them can fit in the space of one person.
Kind of like this
:|:
(with the vertical line being Curly and the dots being the Colons)
Ulg... Night after night? That would get old quickly.

May 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
They all curl up and sleep in her arms.
<3

May 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Based Member
Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
o wow good job there dood

They couldn't possibly sleep on the floor, could they?
How is this cruel. It's like saying that it's cruel and unethical if you let your dog sleep on the floor while you sleep your bed alone. (inb4 animal rights discussion)
Sleep on the floor tonight and tell me how impossible it is. Tell me when you wake up.

You also fail to realize that there are absolutely no beds in Mimiga Village, excluding the beds in Arthur's House. Take note that some of the humans went to the island, and that Sue (originally from the surface) made friends with Toroko (who lives in Aurthur's house because she is her brother). Now, this could be taken in two directions. Sue could have either had another person with her, such as Kazuma, or that she introduced the idea of a bed to Toroko and she followed through.
Another thing that you fail to realize is that one of the Mimigas is resting just fine on the floor. Not much to say other than the fact that it's sleeping on the floor.

tl;dr They sleep on the fucking floor

May 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
On the floor

May 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
daughter of chivalry
tl;dr They sleep on the fucking floor and Hayden is stupid blarhgh i hate him so much

Dude, you needa settle down. You make a good point, but the way you phrase it revolves around your dislike for Hayden. Seriously, that's just plain rude.

It makes sense he would maybe think sleeping on the floor is cruel. Mimigas stand on 2 legs like humans, and therefore it seems like they would lie down in a bed rather than curl up like a 4 legged animal.

Also, Noxid is the migma master.

May 31, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
To be fair, it is kind of a silly topic; of course they sleep on the ground, all the other mimiga do.
SEBT didn't really do anything wrong D:

May 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM
daughter of chivalry
Robot lives in a house with mimigas. Only one bed. I think it's fine if you have some curiosity as to where they sleep. It might be obvious to some, but not all. It is a silly topic but still.

Did I say sebti did something wrong by making that theory? No. The only reason I got upset was because he phrased his post ever-so rudely and it wasn't really necessary at all. It seemed like it was all because of his personal vendetta towards Hayden, which is rather immature.That's just me though \( '-')/

Also, doesn't Chaco have a bed in her house?

May 31, 2012 at 6:06 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
for "travelers," of course.

:3c

Also yeah it was rather rude.

May 31, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Based Member
So after deliberately backing away from this thread for a few hours, I'm just going to go ahead and say I think the belief that Mimigas didn't know about/use beds before the humans showed up is silly. I think that both the beds in Arthur's house were there before Sue showed up. Like Wild Desu partially said, the fact that both Santa and Chaco have beds in their houses and that they most likely didn't meet any humans, and that we can actually get Chaco to sleep on the bed in her house, shows that they probably don't sleep on the floor. Chaco actually does sleep on the floor next to the bed in Cave Story 3D, but I think we all confirmed that that was a glitch, and that NICALiS meant for her to sleep on the bed.

May 31, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Curly hides them in the same place where she hides her panties.

May 31, 2012 at 11:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Jun 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
So... inside a hidden treasure chest?

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Based Member
Her panties were never inside of a treasure chest. They were just lying on the floor. If they were in a chest,
then the room said:
<KEY<FL+0581<SOU0022<CNP0420:0021:0000
<MSGOpened the chest.<NOD<GIT0000<CLO<MSG<GIT1035<IT+0035
Found =Curly's Underwear=.<NOD<END

instead of having said:
<KEY<DNP0420<MSG<GIT1035<IT+0035
Found =Curly's Underwear=.<NOD<END

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'll never understand how people can type paragraphs upon paragraphs about stuff from a video game.

Cave Story is a game about a robot. Do questions really need to be asked?

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Based Member
I'll never understand how people can type paragraphs upon paragraphs about stuff from a video game.
Some games are so mediocre that you're right, while others are so crappy that they deserve several paragraphs of a description, others are so awesome that people indeed can type paragraphs upon paragraphs about stuff from a video game.

Cave Story is a game about a robot. Do questions really need to be asked?
While there are some fictional universes (I. E. Star Wars) where there are numerous outlets of media(movies, video games, novels, comics), and a ton of cannonical information can be acquired, there are also fictional works like Cave Story that only have one single video game providing limited cannonical information, leaving a lot of things up for the player to decide. And in my opinion, some of these mysteries are worth discussing.