Where did the Hermit Gunsmith come from in the first place?

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I dunno if there is already a theory like this, but I wonder where the Gunsmith came from. Was his home the island, or was he a Mimiga turned human? Is he Itoh's father? Did the Mimigas in the village find him, thought he was dangerous, and concealed him to a small room? Did Misery find him on a mountaintop and send him to the island? This These are my theories about where he came from, considering he never tells where he has been.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM
2dbro
Oh uh, ok.

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZarroTsu said:
Come to think of it, the Hermit Gunsmith does kinda remind me of the Emotion Lord from Bravest Warriors
p182045-0-emolord.png

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM
2dbro
:L

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Forever 12
Bravest Warriors?
I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!:D

coughcoughhermitgunsmithisquotecoughcough

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
In all seriousness, I thought he was apart of the people who made the killer robots and their weapons, and went to live alone on the island because he was sick of what his creations where used for.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:41 AM
2dbro
I thought he was apart of the people who made the killer robots
makes sense.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Always thought he was an engineer who got lost on the floating Island. Probably came with the humans who made the killer robots. Now he just roams the lands as a vagrant, producing weapons and stuff.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:10 AM
2dbro
I think he came to explore the island, but got lost in the caves.

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I agree with you guys about him coming to the island purposefully, but I don't think he got lost. I think he just wanted to be alone, to hone his craft or whatever. Like, making the perfect fucking gun was the most important thing in the world to him.

He sealed himself in one of the most secluded caves in a floating island. A fucking floating island, nobody could find him there, right? Nobody would come along and interrupt him, or try to steal his life's work.

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
sexplosive said:
Nobody would come along and interrupt him, or try to steal his life's work.
Or so he thought (that plan didn't go over so well for him).

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
Goerge Bobicles said:
In all seriousness, I thought he was apart of the people who made the killer robots and their weapons, and went to live alone on the island because he was sick of what his creations where used for.
This seems quite plausible and likely.

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Goerge Bobicles said:
You mean one of those people ON THE SURFACE who made robots ON THE SURFACE, who was SO DISGUSTED about the actions of the robots that he travels to the island, IGNORES THE ROBOTS' VICTIMS ENTIRELY, and spends the rest of his days MAKING WEAPONS, because they will NEVER HURT ANYONE, and in his ABSOLUTE HATRED for those AWFUL ROBOTS he decides to give one of these TERRIBLE ROBOTS his ULTIMATE WEAPON that can VAPORISE ANYTHING, which was A GREAT IDEA because he knew full well that GUNS ARE NOT DANGEROUS, and giving one to such a HORRIBLE ROBOT will only stop it KILLING THINGS.

In all seriousness I just assumed that the gunsmith was one of the pre-war Human residents of the island.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I thought he was a monkey when I first played it.

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:10 PM
andwhyisit said:
You mean one of those people ON THE SURFACE who made robots ON THE SURFACE, who was SO DISGUSTED about the actions of the robots that he travels to the island, IGNORES THE ROBOTS' VICTIMS ENTIRELY, and spends the rest of his days MAKING WEAPONS, because they will NEVER HURT ANYONE, and in his ABSOLUTE HATRED for those AWFUL ROBOTS he decides to give one of these TERRIBLE ROBOTS his ULTIMATE WEAPON that can VAPORISE ANYTHING, which was A GREAT IDEA because he knew full well that GUNS ARE NOT DANGEROUS, and giving one to such a HORRIBLE ROBOT will only stop it KILLING THINGS.

In all seriousness I just assumed that the gunsmith was one of the pre-war Human residents of the island.
I had been thinking that, maybe the whole war thing was messing with his brain, so he just secluded himself and did what he liked to do - make weapons. But in a secluded place where no one could find him and take his weapons. When he gives Quote the Spur, he could tell that Quote was a nice and sincere person, and he trusted Quote to use it for the sake of good.
But yes, you have a clear point. I agree.

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
He was a veteran robot from the war, who got stuck in the island with Quote. I mean, he seems to know him pretty well...

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I suspect that he was a hermit before the war.

Though the more important question arises: where does he get his gun components from?

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM
From malletspace?
Seriously, because this is a game! Things like that aren't supposed to be explained!