When was the last time you played Cave Story?

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:50 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So, how long has it been since you actually sat down and played Cave Story? Not a mod, but the original masterpiece. Has it been a while? I try and play through from beginning to end at least once a month.

If it's been a long time since you've played Cave Story, I advise, nay, implore you to play it again. Look back, remember all the sweet times and live them like they were new. Laugh. Cry. Become the lost and confused robot, stranded in a cave knowing not even who he is.

And then come back here, with the fresh spark of life still burning brightly within. A spark ignited by the beauty and passion of what one man has created, wanting nothing in return but a nod and quiet "Thank-you".

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:16 AM
Been here way too long...
Pretty sure it was Friday, out of boredom. It was on a Mac. The Mac I am using right now. I can't imagine going more than a month without playing it.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:40 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Damnit I can't even remember, probably over a year at least. I've already done basically everything, not to mention I play a LOT of mods so I'm not exactly missing my weekly dose. Fret not though, at some point I'll be planning something that involves playing CS again FASTER LIKE THE SPEED OF SOUND.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:51 AM
Been here way too long...
DoubleThink said:
FASTER LIKE THE SPEED OF SOUND.
THEN QUOTE FOUND WEPON.
Anyway, until you've memorized all the important dialog, you haven't had your necessary dose of Cave Story, DoubleThink.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:00 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Today, on my trip to Reno.

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM
/end
Been about a year. . .

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
What like properly all through? or just something random?

properly, i'd say about last year
randomly, was boring in the middle of class and played sacred grounds for 3 minutes before raging (still had my 3hp run save on my usb lol >_>; )

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It's been a few months actually. I was gonna cut back so it seemed fresh for the Wiiware version, but I'm not sure if I'm even getting it now so I may as well give it another play through.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
xristosx said:
What like properly all through? or just something random?)

I meant properly through. Otherwise, how will you get the full, rich, satisfying experience? And I hope that they release the WiiWare version in time for Cave Story's 5th birthday, so I can have a Play-A-Thon.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I noticed this post today. As a coincidence I started to play "a one life run-i.e. playing through the whole CS without dying" yesterday, and failed because I was nervous and inpatient. Last time I made a "one life run" 6 months ago and succeeded.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:55 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Started it again the last couple of days! I needed to see everything again to keep things fresh...

I actually learnt a few new tricks that I never tried in this play through, as well as plot stuff I pieced together that I had somehow missed before or had forgotten.

I added the notes to my ORed NotebookO.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:19 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just yesterday, when my 'net was down for a while. Granted, for me every playthrough still seems New and Exciting™, due to me having only discovered Cave Story in late May, leading to spending most of the summer in a mild state of obsession.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Captain Fabulous said:
THEN QUOTE FOUND WEPON.
Anyway, until you've memorized all the important dialog, you haven't had your necessary dose of Cave Story, DoubleThink.

I try not to memorize it, so that when I play again I can relive rather than recite.

Just yesterday, when my 'net was down for a while. Granted, for me every playthrough still seems New and Exciting™, due to me having only discovered Cave Story in late May, leading to spending most of the summer in a mild state of obsession.

Wait, spud, you're here too? awesome! =D

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Longer than I felt it would've been...

For me it's been about a month or two...

...But then I remembered that was on the untranslated version of Cave Story, with the wrong language settings for my computer & while testing out a Shunran MyChar that I made, so the last detail disqualifies that playthrough...

...As for the DIRECT CS experience, probably 3 & a half months, if not more.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Ermm started playing at school whenever i get a chance. Im at saving kazuma.

Ive just got my dad into it :cool:
He's used to RPG's but hes doing pretty well.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM
/end
I need to get around to doing another playthrough of Cave Story. Even though I know most of the game by heart it's still enjoyable to play.

Nov 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Today I played it from the beginning to the normal ending. I died once, which suprised me, I thought for sure I can`t die in CS.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
i once attempted a no death run for the best ending. I died in the waterway, which wasn't my biggest problem since I already missed the house by accident =(

=D