what's the story behind your nickname

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
So yeah, my name goes back about 7 years ago when my mom got me a Sonic comic book for christmas. I knew literally nothing about Sonic at the time other than that he was a blue hedgehog that went fast, and the comic was pretty cool. I especially liked the Badniks because not only did they have the personality of stupid cartoon mooks, but they were robots. If you haven't figured it out by now, I love robot stuff. Eventually when I went to register on my first forum, I needed a username, and Badnik96 is what I chose. Still no clue why I picked 96 to follow it (since I was born in 97 and that confuses a lot of people), I guess it just sounded cool.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:02 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Inspired by some songs and Animator vs. Animation series

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:34 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
My nickname had a somewhat obvious origin. I used to make ROM Hacks of Super Mario World for the SNES.

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:53 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Obama was a pretty huge influence. He asked me if I could change my name to obonga

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Mine goes back 7 years ago in 2008 when i made a youtube account with that name. This was before all of the google services were combined so it was actually a different account from my google account.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:14 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My penn name I often use for writing is Aislinn, and I assist a friend of mine at a a manga studio.

LMS = Lee's Manga Studio

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
My name is a wild fucking ride.

Back in like, 2007? I made a Roblox account called darkster9757. I used that name for years, up to like 2012 / 2013. Then I got into the Pokemon Hacking scene where I met some good friends, one or two I still talk to and play Pokemon with occasionally. My name for that was RedAbsol0, and so one of my nicknames was "Reddeh". So I've been using numerous spins of stuff to do with the word Red for a while, until I joined here. Then for some reason I got the nickname Redd and so Reddeh and Redd and numerous modifications of those two words are what I've been using ever since.

The end, go to bed.

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A long time ago, in my first excursion on the Internet, I liked the "lisreal2401" myth of Super Mario 64 and my favorite color was blue. Thus, the quiet YouTube account 2401blue was created, which was also the name of my Gmail before my phone was stolen and my password lost.

A year later, I decided to join these forums, my first and only actual home here. My favorite gun was the Polar Star, and that was originally my name - but it was already in use. After careful deliberation, I decided on Polaris, its patron star - and I'm so glad that I did, because I've been happy with that simple one-word name ever since.

Of course, there are places where I can't use that as my account name, and in that case I usually go with "PolarNothingness" (because I like the word, and am occasionally somewhat depressing). I do use the alternate name of Nemesis on the puzzle and dragons forums, since there's already a Polaris there and I couldn't resist a similar-sounding Cave Story reference. :3

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
My name starts with A, and I liked huge explosions, so I picked "Anuke". It was taken, so I did "Anuken" instead.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:14 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
k so
A decently long while back, my uncle used the account name chefhasteeth on PSN, and we would play games together all the time when I lived at my mom's. So I decided to go under the name "Chef" as my internet alias. Then one day, I had to make a new email account for God knows what reason, and I didn't know what to call myself there. My friend Corbin suggested "CookedChef", and it stuck ever since.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:33 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Are you good at cooking?

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:27 AM
Perpetually out of it
New name, new origin story.
I was getting kinda sick of Nadojin for a while, (its incredibly stupid conception doesn't help) and was starting to feel it was the time for change.
Yinga was something something that originates from a really shortened version of "yinyang", a symbol I've come to be fascinated with in recent memory. I've had this interest in equal opposite forces and balance, so something relating to that was right up my alley.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I pulled it out of my ass

I came up with it out of nowhere

I'm so sorry to the guy who had a problem with this, i'll try do better next time

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:17 PM
That is extremely nondescript. This thread is for explaining, not for making random meaningless statements. Were you, perchance, trying to make a joke? Maybe it's just me, but it wasn't funny.
Could your name possibly have anything to do with an unknown anagram of mouse?

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My story isn't really too big, but I'm putting it here anyway.
Basically my favorite Cave Story weapon was level-3 Bubbler because it was basically a sentry every time you held the shoot button down. Then I decided to name myself Bubbler.
So yeah.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you considered publishing this as an autobiography?

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:10 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Mine was the username automatically given to me when I made a wordpress account. Since then it's the only username I've used anywhere, the only variation being number varying to 2013, 2014 and 19. The End.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:58 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well, I was trying to think of a name for my YouTube channel since my main UN (limonpower) was already taken, and it just kinda came to me. So yeah. If you see someone named limonpower on another site besides YT, it's probably me.