what's the story behind your nickname

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
What's the story behind your nickname?

So I searched a little, but didn't find any thread like this, so: How did you get your nickname? Did you make it up yourself, or did someone else give it to you?

My story is a rather boring one, really. It all started when I was young, 6 years old I think. I was jealous of my brothers' (9 and 8 years older than me) nicknames, "Ace" and "Rat" (their nicks evolved since then, just like mine did), and sick of using my own name to sign my highscores (which was about the only use for a nickname back then). So one day, when I was bugging them about it, they suggested a nickname for me and I liked it, even though I had no idea what it meant. So from that day on, I was known as "Rookie". Yeah, I love my brothers, too...

It wasn't until much later that I learned the word's meaning, but at that time, I've already upgraded to a new nickname, "Jackie". If I remember correctly, I didn't simply take the name, but I took the name Jack and added my last nickname's end. Only much later in school, specifically in one English lesson (it was about hide-and-seek), I realized how girly that nickname sounded, so I just ditched the "ie" and became known simply as "Jack". I bet you all can see where this is going.

So after an awesome but degratory nickname and a good but girlish nickname I ended up stuck with one so bland I sometimes fell asleep while typing it out. There were no further apparent steps I could take, so I sometimes used one of my old nicks just to break the stereotype. I was young and slowly invading the Internet, but without a good nickname I was destined to be an outcast forever. But then, something happened.

When I was 14 years old, some guys in my old school organized a CS tournament. Well, "tournament"... It was more like something you do to kill an afternoon. There were four four-player teams, one for 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade each, and since our grade was missing one player, I signed up. It wasn't until after I got home that I realized: "Dude, I can't show up and use fucking Jack as a nickname! Everyone else has something awesome, I need that too!" (Please realize that I was young). The only problem was, I couldn't think of anything. Only when I was walking to the school for the "tournament", I had an enlightenment. "T-Jack". Perfect. I didn't know how I thought of simply adding the "T", and frankly, I don't care. Maybe the nick wasn't as awesome as I thought it was, I used it then and I'm still using it today.

So that was the story of T-Jack. Man, that was longer than I thought it would actually be. I feel so old right now...

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
Re: What's the story behind your nickname?

Well, on the day i wanted to register, I liked the name Ryuuoutan. She looked cute..

I picked Ryuuoutan. I had nothing else to pick but Ryuuoutan would fit the best.

As far as I know, I would've used a Making Fiends name when I returned to watching Making Fiends that day. :/

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:58 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

The first letter is the first letter of my first name. The second letter is the first letter of my middle name. The rest is my last name. btw, I'm from the Philippines. :rolleyes:

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do

My nickname is a portmanteau of "Noxious" and "Livid"

Although I haven't got a clue why.

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:11 AM
Been here way too long...

I would expected better of you, noxy.
I'd tell you mine, but it's rediculously newby.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

Well...

until recently, I always question my existance.

Why do I even try?

Its not worth it...

A mix of emotions inside me... swirling... brewing... waiting for their chance to finally show...

My friends distanced themselves from me, leaving me alone...

I have learned to cope with these dark feelings...

I motivate myself to keep going...

I am the only true friend I have in this world...

Everybody... even my guardian... I resent them in some small way... even hate...

then there is you guys...

My being on these forums has helped me...

I have learned love...

I am a new person...

but i still have resenment for my old friends....

Jadelyn... Carrine... Elizabeth...

I will kill you...

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:45 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"

Cyo: No real reason, actually, i pronounce it si-yoh, but I'm fine with you guys thinking of it as a mispelled cryo, I found that to be funny. (that and one person thought pryo, which I also found to be rather funny.)(

Wolf: I like wolves, I've even had dreams of being a wolf. Though, I've had some other, rather freaky dreams, dealing with events I've never seen and places I've never been to. Some of them have come true, which makes it all the stranger. Oy, think about that for a while...

1122: Alphabet. It's for me to know, and for you to never find out. ^_^

Yeah, three parts symbolizing three different things. I like hiding things within things, giving double lies and double truths. Basically, I love being sneaky and can even sneak up on others in broad daylight just to scare the pants off of them.

@ Whyme
Oh, and whyme? While I can understand your situation, hating others doesn't solve anything. If anything, forgive and forget, they don't care about you, so why care about them? You've moved on, don't let them drag you back, I've been there.

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:57 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

Cyowolf1122 said:
they don't care about you, so why care about them?

words that echo in my mind and sting at my heart...

Thats a good question...

why SHOULD anybody care about me?

might as well make it as if they never "existed" to me...

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"

Not quite what I meant, (heck, I care, you can be very intelligent and thought provoking, whenever I can get you off your sex-crazed fantasies). I meant it in more of a "they refuse to acknowledge me, they've wronged me, so for what reason shall I do the same? Hatred begets more hatred, you know" sort of deal.

Though, I cannot blame you for your thoughts, there are many that I wish the same fate, though death would not be my choice...

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:17 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

This world has too much order.

I wish for it to fall into sorrow, destruction and despair.

That way I can be somewhat entertained...

well good job cyos.

I DID learn to forgive and forget myself...

but you brought me back...

you made me remember my TRUE motivation...

the hatred in my heart...

what it love?

I forget it now...

there is just resentment...

the lonely pit is empty again...

and YOU are responsible for it!...

grrrrrr.....

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

I was studying Orwell at the time... shoot me >_>;

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"

well, that's been up long enough...

The original writing is gone, so nothing to see here.

To Everyone: ignore this and continue with the purpose of this thread.

That is all.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

(I would be tempted to say"HA! Just another "friend" who wishes to "convince" me." but no...

I actually feel he is trying to help...

can I trust him?

How does he understand?

Why is he trying to help me?

The reason why I question this is because nobody helped me like this before...

but what is his experience?

I... well... maybe... just maybe... no... thats impossible... no one could ever... but if he says he understands.... I have no choice but to listen to any further advice that he has...

let it settle in my mind... affect thinking...

tired... need... sleep...

ooooohhhh.........

I... think... I...

i...t... c...a...n...t...b...e...

No... I must be...

grrrrrr!!!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Ugh... Jadelyn...)

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM
This Troper

Whyme, please, shut up. It's no wonder that people hate you, with you steering threads off the rails like that.
Anyway, I remember that, long time ago, andwhy told us how he got his rather questionable nickname, but can't remember in which thread that was. Also, The Noob comic.

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:26 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Well, first of all there was this kid in my German class in 7th grade with whom I would have the strangest conversations. At the time, I was totally obsessed with RuneScape, and he was totally obsessed with monkeys, coffee, and cheese. The strange conversations were basically us talking about these obsessions and quizzing each other on them. I strongly disagreed with his ranking of his three obsessions, and was shocked that he would rank monkeys higher than cheese (I of course thought that cheese was obviously the best, because it's so delicious and because any time you want to give a really random nonsensical answer to any question, the answer must have something to do with cheese). Ever since then, cheese has been on the list of my obsessions.

But as time went on, I was not satisfied with merely being obsessed with cheese; I wanted a catch-phrase of sorts to go with it (and one word doesn't qualify as a phrase). So I remembered this video game that I used to play when I was 5-8 years old, in which Reader Rabbit and his lion friend Sam were stranded on an island with vicious "pi-rats" (pirate rats) who believed that Sam and Reader had come to steal there precious cheese. As their captain, Rat-Beard, told them:
Rat-Beard said:
Y'arrrr! As any pi-rat knows, lions and bunnies will do anything, ANYTHING... for a wedge of cheese
...and the way he said "wedge of cheese" just sounded so badass that I had to use that as my catch phrase.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

T-Jack said:
Whyme, please, shut up. It's no wonder that people hate you, with you steering threads off the rails like that.

Tell me when I actually do care.

Until then YOU need to shut up.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:40 PM
This Troper

whyme said:
Tell me when I actually do care.

Until then YOU need to shut up.
Because you're starting to sound just like ryuuton. Also:
7. Offtopic can be tolerated as long as it follows the flow of conversation, if it doesn't get out of control and goes back ontopic at the request of the thread starter, moderator, or admin.
Highlited for your convenience. Translated: I don't need to do anything, bitch!

Anyway, lemme guess: You were baned a couple of times and didn't know why. Or maybe you did, but acted not knowing it nevertheless.

Oct 17, 2009 at 5:46 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"

I don't have time to listen to your pointless ramblings so I will just leave you to your slowly dying thread.

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."

Ignoring all of Whyme's crap.
My nickname...
I like to play TF2 a lot and I played as heavy, and that was when I was constantly changing my name so I thought Mr. Fist would be a good name. Then I thought, "Hey, this name isn't really really stupid!"

Other names I have used. (three of them I still use)

Pwnguin
Spyderfly
Jonathan Noobcube (Try to figure that out, it's more than just the name I used)
NoCreativeNames
and DoTheKoopa.

oh, and I also used StabFace for a while.

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

I like Ice Cream and I'm a Niggggggaaaa