whats the best ending to cave story good ending,bad ending or average ending ?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Senior Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Join Date: Jul 20, 2011
Location: The united kingdom
Posts: 61
Age: 25
which one is the best out of the three ending to cave story!
 
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Join Date: Jul 10, 2009
Location:
Posts: 1004
Age: 35
A) Play the game.
B) Best (good) ending - Ballos is dead, Doctor is dead, island is safe
C) Normal (average) ending - Ballos is alive, Doctor is dead, island fell to earth
D) Bad ending - Ballos is alive, Doctor is alive and rules, Quote escapes with Kazuma
E) Idk for spoilers, since you were asking for them.
F) Hope this helps :eek:
 
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 4, 2008
Location: Lingerie, but also, like, fancy curtains
Posts: 3054
Well I think the best ending would be the one we refer to as the "best ending".
But maybe I'm crazy.
 
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Join Date: May 28, 2011
Location: Australia/Scotland
Posts: 281
Yep your crazy... totally. The worst ending is the best ending. That makes sense right? Nah the one with Ballos is the best.
 
Sep 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Join Date: Jun 21, 2011
Location:
Posts: 363
It's called the best ending for a reason.
 
Sep 7, 2011 at 8:31 PM
Senior Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Join Date: Jul 20, 2011
Location: The united kingdom
Posts: 61
Age: 25
kazumas a pussy in the bad ending
 
Sep 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 4, 2008
Location: Lingerie, but also, like, fancy curtains
Posts: 3054
Kazuma's a kitten in ALL the endings.
Didn't you watch after the credits?
 
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
Although what was that in that one picture, where the "best" ending is pretty much "Copout ending FFUUUU"

I think the normal ending is the most interesting.
 
Sep 8, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: Sep 7, 2011
Location: IT'S TIME FOR A SHAQDOWN
Posts: 541
When I first saw the "best" ending to Cave Story, I was severely disappointed that this is what I got after hours of trying and re-trying to beat that evil head of doom. After a while, when I became good at the area, I was able to cope with that ending.

That aside, the "best" ending comes in second for me. My favorite is the bad ending. It's satisfying enough that after all of the lives you have lost, you recognized that you failed and must go with Kazuma so you fate would not be like the others.
 
Sep 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Join Date: Jun 21, 2011
Location:
Posts: 363
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
When I first saw the "best" ending to Cave Story, I was severely disappointed that this is what I got after hours of trying and re-trying to beat that evil head of doom. After a while, when I became good at the area, I was able to cope with that ending.

That aside, the "best" ending comes in second for me. My favorite is the bad ending. It's satisfying enough that after all of the lives you have lost, you recognized that you failed and must go with Kazuma so you fate would not be like the others.
Yeah, the bad ending would probably be my favorite too, if only because of the epicness of Hero's End.
 
Sep 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Senior Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Join Date: Jul 20, 2011
Location: The united kingdom
Posts: 61
Age: 25
i could almost call kazuma is a traitor to booster quote and all those trying to stop the doctors plan. how embarrassing for sue to have a traitor for a brother oh the shame.>:-(
 
Sep 11, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Lasagna
Posts: 4489
You need to learn some forum etiquette, and fast.
Anyway, I agree with Seren. The normal ending is the most interesting, but I think most people think the best ending is freaking awesome just because you beat that Ballos jerk. You don't really think about the actual ending the first time around. If you go through and watch the ending a second time, you might think it's a little stupid.
That's just what I think, though. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've never beaten Hell, even while using the health regain trick at the beginning of the third room. >.<
 
Sep 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
LunarSoul said:
You need to learn some forum etiquette, and fast.
Anyway, I agree with Seren. The normal ending is the most interesting, but I think most people think the best ending is freaking awesome just because you beat that Ballos jerk. You don't really think about the actual ending the first time around. If you go through and watch the ending a second time, you might think it's a little stupid.
That's just what I think, though. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've never beaten Hell, even while using the health regain trick at the beginning of the third room. >.<
And they flew off to start a new life. "Ok, I just beat the most frustrating sequence of events in my gaming career. Waiting for the next part." -And you were never heard from again.

"Wait, what? I get the same treatment as the ending that I get falling off a cliff? RaggggeeeeeeEEEEEE :( "
 
Sep 11, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Mar 9, 2011
Location:
Posts: 629
norevenge said:
kazumas a pussy in the bad ending
norevenge said:
i could almost call kazuma is a traitor to booster quote and all those trying to stop the doctors plan. how embarrassing for sue to have a traitor for a brother oh the shame.>:-(
Why hating on Kazuma so much?

Why do I try to reason I don't even...
 
Sep 11, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Jul 22, 2011
Location: Austria
Posts: 30
Age: 28
best ending = falling off a cliff and were never seen again ending :(
 
Sep 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Aug 25, 2011
Location:
Posts: 154
As it turns out, although it is a floating island, what they didn't say was that the island was floating only 20 meters or so off the ground. He landed in a high tree branch or something.
 
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Jul 28, 2011
Location: i live on earth.
Posts: 11
Well i thought the best ending is when you kill ballos, and still have the little man, who says "...aren't we forgetting something?"
And then you can listen to some special music.
 
Sep 15, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 6, 2009
Location: somewhere new
Posts: 2138
Age: 25
N0obxD said:
Well i thought the best ending is when you kill ballos, and still have the little man, who says "...aren't we forgetting something?"
And then you can listen to some special music.
Uh, I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually happen.
 
Sep 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Jul 22, 2011
Location: Austria
Posts: 30
Age: 28
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 6, 2009
Location: somewhere new
Posts: 2138
Age: 25
RICKI said:
well the little man says: ...Aren´t you forgetting something?

proof: http://youtu.be/gLivPUpn5bk ^^

but special music?? nope...
well yeah of course the little man says that, but no secret music D:
I wish though
 
Top