• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

What was the Story of Cave Story Beta

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Now I'm even more intrigued about it... -_-'

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:20 PM
Too much to handle
"..."
There's a beta remake that (was) worked on by TildeRain, he's got himself preoccupied with other things, you can learn more about the beta remake by sifting through the wayback machine.
There was an asset dump a long time ago that nobody was able to get, so all we know are the filenames.

The beta info page on the website is very lackluster considering what we have today, be it shitty drawings of sue or translations of text in the game and in concept art.

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:24 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
There's a beta remake that (was) worked on by TildeRain, he's got himself preoccupied with other things, you can learn more about the beta remake by sifting through the wayback machine.
There was an asset dump a long time ago that nobody was able to get, so all we know are the filenames.

The beta info page on the website is very lackluster considering what we have today, be it shitty drawings of sue or translations of text in the game and in concept art.
An asset dump?
Ooo show me.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:42 PM
Too much to handle
"..."
An asset dump?
Ooo show me.
None of the files from said asset dump exist anymore. There are a few images drawn by pixel that we know about but I forgot what they were called.

The asset dump's page was called "Janks" or something like that.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:43 AM
Perfectionist
CSE Discord Moderator
None of the files from said asset dump exist anymore. There are a few images drawn by pixel that we know about but I forgot what they were called.

The asset dump's page was called "Janks" or something like that.
No but like where was it. .3.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
Not sure what file names are gonna get you in terms of info tbh

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:53 AM
Perfectionist
CSE Discord Moderator
Dec 7, 2018 at 4:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
If you're talking about the address for the remake then that makes a lot more sense. The remake sounds interesting to play actually. Though it probably doesn't run on Mac, just like 99% of other software on Earth.
Otherwise not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM
Too much to handle
"..."
Nono the web address
Go find it on the wayback machine or ask Rain, it literally just has the file names and nothing else.