What was the Doctor's motivations?

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The other day, I was thinking about different villians in indie games, then I thought about what the Doctor's motivations. After, all we all know that he wanted to "rule over the world," but why? In the early game he wants to capture Sue, again, why? After that scene, the Doctor wanting Sue is never brought up again, besides Balrog stating that the Doctor got made after finding out the captured mimiga wasn't Sue. My guess is that earlier on, the plot was meant to be deeper, and more about Sue, Kazuma, Itoh, Sue's mother, and Booster. Then after other characters were added, and given more reason to be in the story, Sue wasn't meant to play a huge part in the big picture. So, what do you think his reason for wanting to rule the world. After all, I don't think that he is just there in the story to be a "Bad Guy."

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
from what I can remember, the doc came to the island with the sakamotos to do research, then he discovered the demon crown and went mad

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
from what I can remember, the doc came to the island with the sakamotos to do research, then he discovered the demon crown and went mad

I thought that the Doctor already knew of the crown before he came to the island, you can see him going up to the crown, and laughing in the intro.
If he didn't know about the crown beforehand, don't you think that he would have been a little more cautious when he found the crown?

I also thought that the reason the Doctor wanted Sue so badly, was because he was afraid of her telling the Mimiga about the red flowers and what they do to them.
(The Mimiga working in the plantation were pretty oblivious)
Although King and Yamashita(pretty sure his name was like, Sadami or something but I can't remember at the moment) already knew about the red flowers.

But you see, what you guys didn't know, was that...
JACK WAS THE TRUE VILLAIN ALL ALONG, YOU NEVER SAW THE DOCTOR(in-game) UNTIL YOU GOT TO THE SANDZONE, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHEN JACK DISAPPEARED, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN! AND YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE JACK IS THE DOCTOR! THAT WAS THE SECRET TO HIM ALL ALONG!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2016 at 2:55 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
JACK WAS THE TRUE VILLAIN ALL ALONG, YOU NEVER SAW THE DOCTOR(in-game) UNTIL YOU GOT TO THE SANDZONE, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHEN JACK DISAPPEARED, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN! AND YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE JACK IS THE DOCTOR! THAT WAS THE SECRET TO HIM ALL ALONG!
He was in the jail with sue and mahin

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:23 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Yo was he really, I don't remember seeing him in there, did Mahin mention him or something?
(I'm just sad cause we never got to know what happened to Jack :()
if you check the jail before the droll curb stomps you, you will see him there

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
Shows how much I remember about vanilla Cave Story. I don't think I actually ever went into that jail before I went to the teleporter room.

And you know... Quote totally couldn't have just shoot his way through the wall with THE FREAKIN SPUR OR MISSILE LAUNCHER, OR ANY WEAPON, cause plot...

I don't know, I guess I just hate it when games say "hey, you can't go here/do anything about this, because there's like, a 1-inch wall here"

I guess while we're talking about stuff like this, I have to ask. What was the point of the sky dragons again?

Last edited: