What the heck is Balrog?

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Bionicobot said:
Maybe he is just a creature from the island? There are the doctor and nurse from the labrinth, along with puu black. Maybe they are all part of the same species, only balrog and puu black are bigger.
Puu Black is a reference to beta balrog, and in one of the translated interviews with pixel, the *physician* was a frog in the beta. Balrog was most likely the son of Ballos who's physical body was destroid in the event of Ballos's rage swallowing up the kingdom(most likely Camelot, but that's an entirely different theory) so Jenka put his soul in a pure substance. SOAP.

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Goerge Bobicles said:
Puu Black is a reference to beta balrog, and in one of the translated interviews with pixel, the *physician* was a frog in the beta. Balrog was most likely the son of Ballos who's physical body was destroid in the event of Ballos's rage swallowing up the kingdom(most likely Camelot, but that's an entirely different theory) so Jenka put his soul in a pure substance. SOAP.
Soap is the purest and cleanest substance in the universe.

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Its dark in here
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
Soap is the purest and cleanest substance in the universe.
it can never be defiled either, Since it cleans what it touches. Which is why Balrog comes out from fights virtually unscarred.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Soap melts though. And if he touches water he would bubblize it. He is his own thing. Just like nearly every other creature in cave story: that would be like asking "What is a Mimiga?" They are rabbit like creatures, but are not rabbits.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
funwillfunwill said:
They are rabbit like creatures, but are not rabbits.
I believe the proper term is "furries".

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:33 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Balrog?
Maybe mutated lunch-box with toasting function xD

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I don't think that signature is anywhere near legal...

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:04 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I am decently certain that somewhere it was confirmed that Balrog is a robot.

In regards to the reason he too is trapped under the crown, I believe it is because he was friends with Misery. Or perhaps Misery didn't like him and wanted to curse him, but it backfired and she got cursed with him. She does seem to dislike him a bit.

In regards to the red flowers in Arthur's House- they are likely the red flowers that King cooked up. This is a confirmed theory from an interview with Pixel:

King cooked and ate red flowers in order to gain strength. Most likely, cooking the flowers removes the frenzied affects but retains the power-increasing affects. It is speculated that Igor tried cooking red flowers as well, but wound up undercooking them, which is why he has partial control over his actions (he still does his duty to protect the eggs).

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
We are all aware of that. But what something is and what it is based on are two very different things. If that wasn't the case then this thread would have died off ages ago.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:23 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Imagination is everything, because reality is doomed! :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Goerge Bobicles said:
Pixel says he is soap. some people just won't accept it.
Could Balrog possibly be a combination of soap and a toaster? I mean sure, it doesn't really make sense but still. I personally think he's some toaster.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Goerge Bobicles said:
Pixel says he is soap. some people just won't accept it.
I have to agree with dunc here. You obviously weren't paying attention to the video.

Balrog's design was "based on" soap. Or more specifically Puu's design was based on soap, Balrog's design was based on Puu. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. "Based on" and "is" are two very, VERY different things.

I would suppose that you would have us believe that the core is a giant almond?

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Its dark in here
andwhyisit said:
yes!

on a more serious note after rewatching the video for the 7th time, you're right. But my main proof that balrog is soap is that his projectile attacks(excluding missiles) happen to be clean bubbles and the same goes for Puu and Puu Black

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM
War criminal
Goerge Bobicles said:
yes!

on a more serious note after rewatching the video for the 7th time, you're right. But my main proof that balrog is soap is that his projectile attacks(excluding missiles) happen to be clean bubbles and the same goes for Puu and Puu Black
The 3 projectiles Balrog shoots when on the ground as the Blrg0 and Blrg2 NPCs resemble energy balls more than bubbles. The scatter balls that Balrog emits when he lands as Blrg2 look more bubble-like, but could also be energy balls.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:50 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
andwhyisit said:
I hope no one minds if I go off-topic for a tiny bit here, but personally, the Core really seems like a whole fresh coconut. Especially the posterior end.

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Goerge Bobicles said:
The soap based influence could extend to attacks, but that still doesn't suggest anything beyond influence. Plus Balrog isn't directly influenced by soap, but by Puus, which were originally influenced by soap. Additionally.. is quote made of soap? He could shoot bubbles last I checked. I can make bubbles. Am I soap?

My point is that the reason why this thread has been going on for so long is because a definitive answer has never emerged. Flying cars will hit public production long before we figure out what Balrog is.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
andwhyisit said:
Am I soap?
I'm pretty sure most of everyone on the forums is aware of your soapy status, andwhy.

Speaking of soap, Pixel's made at least 2 games with soap themes in them (Cave Story with the puus and Soaprun with "Soap" in the title). Does pixel have an obsession with this cleansing substance?