What the FUCK noxid!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2011 at 7:29 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Re: What the FUCK noxid!?

Well, it is disappointing to see Noxid get banned (I guess he "asked" for it though lol)

His work on King's Story is quite inspiring. I really would love to see his take on the storyline. If you haven't played it yet, you should. At least just the wandering around Mimiga Village. The atmosphere and dialogue left me with a greater impression of that usually lonely place.

Sure, if he admits to stealing hacks and music resources without consent then there is going to be lashback and should be.
But, the important question to me is :
Did he have any ill intentions in what he did?

Passing stuff as your own in one thing; but since money is not involved; if the community recognizes who created what, then it can be properly credited.

Lace too had a part to play in the creation of the 2x resolution hack? I'll remember that.
The song GiR mentioned, I will keep listening for it.

What about all the 2x sprite work? I want to know who made that...
Some of the sprites were really good. (That Toroko.. :3) So...

And lastly, the story and dialogue of King's Story is Noxid's own interpetation right?

As long as Noxid never intended to "Get" someone, or make a fool out of someone, then my opinion of Noxid's work has not changed much.

I still would like to see everything come together. And to see proper credits...

But, to be honest [this is cruel] how often do we really carefully read all the credits that people put into making something? Yes, other modders and friends definitely pay attention. But, all those people who just are here for the fun. The game...

What I am trying to say is: it is sad people (Lace, GiR) were hurt; but, as long as we can recover and learn from the past, then maybe people can sort things out and remember why we are all here (to have a good time, to make imaginative works that we can all share and enjoy) :momo::heart:

Sorry, I'm not really sure what I'm saying at this late hour, and I'm not much a part of this community, but I couldn't help but nose around :pignon2:

May 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Wait what?

...bah.

:momo:

Oh well. If anyone's curious, I actually side with Noxid's point of view... for the most part. We took pixel's work without asking. There's nothing wrong with taking bits and pieces of hex from other folks, as long as they still get credit for it. If you change it, it's dual-credit in my mind, and needs to be stated as such. Technically, everything we're doing here is illegal. Still, HACKING a program is not something you can exactly call 'your own property'. Sure, if you have the source code, and compiled it, then it's legally yours. But, as far as I know, not in this case. Though, if you were to actually contact Pixel and ask for permission - and then get it - then it'd be a totally, totally different story.

This is all just a really wishy washy grey area, you know.

But uh, Noxid... um, not giving credit where credit was due? Bad form, bad form. :heart:

I'm mostly flustered by this because now I have no one to ask detailed ASM questions. :pignon2:

May 3, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Dubby said:
I'm mostly flustered by this because now I have no one to ask detailed ASM questions. :toroko2:

There are other members who are qualified to answer said questions :momo:

But I don't know if any of us are as well versed in ASM as Noxid was.

May 3, 2011 at 7:45 AM
"Huzzah!"

X-Calibar said:
Well, it is disappointing to see Noxid get banned (I guess he "asked" for it though lol)

His work on King's Story is quite inspiring. I really would love to see his take on the storyline. If you haven't played it yet, you should. At least just the wandering around Mimiga Village. The atmosphere and dialogue left me with a greater impression of that usually lonely place.

Sure, if he admits to stealing hacks and music resources without consent then there is going to be lashback and should be.
But, the important question to me is :
Did he have any ill intentions in what he did?

Passing stuff as your own in one thing; but since money is not involved; if the community recognizes who created what, then it can be properly credited.

Lace too had a part to play in the creation of the 2x resolution hack? I'll remember that.
The song GiR mentioned, I will keep listening for it.

What about all the 2x sprite work? I want to know who made that...
Some of the sprites were really good. (That Toroko.. :3) So...

And lastly, the story and dialogue of King's Story is Noxid's own interpetation right?

As long as Noxid never intended to "Get" someone, or make a fool out of someone, then my opinion of Noxid's work has not changed much.

I still would like to see everything come together. And to see proper credits...

But, to be honest [this is cruel] how often do we really carefully read all the credits that people put into making something? Yes, other modders and friends definitely pay attention. But, all those people who just are here for the fun. The game...

What I am trying to say is: it is sad people (Lace, GiR) were hurt; but, as long as we can recover and learn from the past, then maybe people can sort things out and remember why we are all here (to have a good time, to make imaginative works that we can all share and enjoy) :momo::momo:

Sorry, I'm not really sure what I'm saying at this late hour, and I'm not much a part of this community, but I couldn't help but nose around :toroko2:

your point is right. but the situation is that everyone thinks that pxtone implementation on cave story mods is made by NOXID
and 2x res hack is made by NOXID.. well and gir.
and pink gabriel is made by NOXID.
and this is just bullshit.
im guessing that there are more things like that.. which werent mentioned.
i wouldnt want to have a manipulative person who doesnt understand that what he did was wrong, and even justifies it on the forum.

we can use what happened here for the best...
maybe release the 2x hack to every modder out there, and let the moderators
here do their job by keeping track of 2x mods.. which not alot are going to show up probably because doing 2x is HARD, and not going past nicalis' rules about modding.

May 3, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Re: What the DUCK noxid!?

Captain Fabulous said:
The forums have gone 0 days without massive drama.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10

I was quite inactive for a while and since I stopped lurking a couple of months ago, I have noticed much more forum drama, manifesting itself as various dramatic flounces and the 'love' thread.

But I think our Captain Fabulous hits the nail on the head with the subject of drama, in basically saying, 'This isn't bloody Facebook'.

sexplosive said:
I see now how he's put down pxtone creations on his youtube account (n0xid), claiming them as his own, a thin veiled disguise of which I suspended my belief in.

Is this true? He does give credit where credit is due in these videos by acknowledging and crediting the artists and piston source.

Now I obviously don't have very strong opinions on this matter, because I've never been formally introduced to Noxid. If I am to believe everything that Lace and Gir have been saying, then I guess that is indeed poor form.

I'll also take this time to put this out. I think that all these Cave Story modders with considerable ability in terms of assembly are wasting their talent. I stopped modding cave story myself, because I found it to be restricting, tedious and generally unrewarding. I think you all have much more potential.

May 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

Eh? I thought you were a good, nice guy Noxid.

I looked up to you.

Doing that isn't very nice.

Oh well that doesn't make your other contributions any smaller in your eyes. I think you feel a bit of regret.

May 3, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"

meh. I highly assume that this is all a joke. But seriously guys, if you're going to do stuff like this, it's not a very good idea. It could get to the point where people won't even trust you anymore. I mean, I know that you can get some good reactions (in this case, the best ones) but I think it's kinda cruel to do so. Situations like these are taken very seriously. It's like you're taking advantage of the community.

You guys trolled alot of folks tonight, including me. You jerkops.

This is a joke because:
DT and the rest of the staff were talking to eachother like there wasn't even a problem in some chatroom (IRC?), probably laughing their asses off in the process (Someone sent me some lawgs)
This thread would have been locked a long time ago including his mod thread, and powers would have been stripped down from Noxid in a snap. Woop.

May 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

I'm surprised this fooled as many people as it did. Cultr1's post at the beginning should've nearly gave it away (he was the first to figure this all out, maybe he knows us the best?), but it carried on quite nicely after that.

Noxid will probably be able to explain this better later, but basically yeah, we tricked everyone. I'm surprised how fast everyone turned on him (although some people still sided with him).

I hope this was as much fun for everyone else (now that they can look back on this in hindsight) as it was for us. It was a little much though, wasn't it?

Ralren said:
This thread would have been locked a long time ago including his mod thread, and powers would have been stripped down from Noxid in a snap. Woop.

Had this actually been real, it probably would have went down a lot like this. We tried to keep it authentic.

May 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM
/end

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm surprised this fooled as many people as it did.

It's time I came out and said that the members actually fooled you into thinking you fooled them.

You see, I am actually Lujei Piche, a time traveling witch. I saw this thread happen and went into the past and told sexplosive, cultr1, Cripplechair, Voyce, jed37 what was going to happen and I told them how to overreact to it.

I am surprised it worked so well and the staff was actually fooled, the members are better actors than I thought.

Of course I expect DoubleThink to pull an Aizen and say I was playing in his hand the whole time.

May 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Oh but you see, this was actually an experiment to see whether or not you would actually travel back in time once you figured it out.

Noxid's hypothesis proved to be correct, yet again.

May 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

May 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

Just as an FYI to you all, I had very little to do with this and didn't really find it that funny either. Boredom is the maker of all devils :toroko2:

MetaSeraphim said:
Of course I expect DoubleThink to pull an Aizen and say I was playing in his hand the whole time.
Only because you are tiny, and my hand is in fact the universe

May 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Ill admit,you had me totally fooled.

May 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
"Huzzah!"

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Oh but you see, this was actually an experiment to see whether or not you would actually travel back in time once you figured it out.

Noxid's hypothesis proved to be correct, yet again.

we were actually testing you see,
we wanted to know if the staff would be smart enough to try and find out if we were willing to travel back in time... so we can predict the entire story.

May 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Happy may second day everybody! :toroko2:
It's like April Fools, but it only happens on random days and in the celebration of May 2.
Anyways, the point of this was to get noxid banned, but you guys should really make that PxTone wiki page better. :3

Also I probably woulda been on nox's side in this conflict. We just needed a believable one, and thus story is almost 100% truth, minus some well chosen verbs and adjectives.

May 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Okaaaay. I am officially lost.

May 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

basically it was a joke that DT, myself, (and prominently) lace, noxid, and gir thought up in the dead of night

we were bored

May 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM

ban us all for trolling! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.