What pre-existing classic game art style would you actually PAY to see Cave Story remade in?

Which of these six art styles would be the best for this game?

• Braid

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Rayman Origins

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Mega Man X

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Okami

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Donkey Kong Country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda: The Wind Waker

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Other (comment your real choice below if you pick this one)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:25 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Maybe the 3D model designers were drunk and thought they're going to design models for a PS1 game..? x)
that isn't funny, while the models aren't superb, they still have work put into them.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:07 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
that isn't funny, while the models aren't superb, they still have work put into them.
And? They still look like PS1 game models. I don't really mind it - it's just like it is.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Maybe the 3D model designers were drunk and thought they're going to design models for a PS1 game..? x)

I think that Cave Story's graphics are great just the way they are.
The CS+ graphics were kind of nice, except for Toroko.

Personally, I almost thought that Toroko's redesign was just as adorable if not even more so than the original design for her...except for the fact that it royally fucked up her eyes. Seriously, what the hell was up with her face icon in that version? It kind of creeped me out, to be honest. :momo:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2015 at 10:40 PM
"Forever coffee..."
I think that Cave Story's graphics are great just the way they are.
The CS+ graphics were kind of nice, except for Toroko.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
retroarch works too
A bit off-topic, but how do you make it work? I've tried, but to no avail it wouldn't respond when I did something on retroarch, nevermind I never even managed to open up the game.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:08 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
A bit off-topic, but how do you make it work? I've tried, but to no avail it wouldn't respond when I did something on retroarch, nevermind I never even managed to open up the game.
A bit of shameless self-promotion here but i made a video on ow to do that:

Also, Kirby's Dream land sounds like it could work for CS. The bright colors and more detailed sprites could work on CS.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:38 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Also, Kirby's Dream land sounds like it could work for CS. The bright colors and more detailed sprites could work on CS.
ok but you mean Dream Land 3 right
because dream land 1 and 2 aren't even in color

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:37 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
ok but you mean Dream Land 3 right
because dream land 1 and 2 aren't even in color
That's a bit...obvious though. Unless he specifically meant the brightness of the monochromacity featured in those earlier games.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
why ios though you never use ios you can't even run DS

anyway @Raus

Step 1: Download RetroArch on the Play Store.
Step 2: Download Libretro NXEngine port. Link HERE You will need to download the data folder and Doukutsu.exe and add them to your phone.
Step 3: Open RetroArch. Click Cavestory/NXEngine.
Step 4: It will open up a file browser. Navigate to the file where you keep BOTH the data and exe files.
Step 5: Tap the Doukutsu.exe file.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
That's a bit...obvious though. Unless he specifically meant the brightness of the monochromacity featured in those earlier games.
I don't expect that, if he would mean the monochrome part, he would probaly just mention that instead of a certain GB game.

Also, if the game would have the art style of something like Twilight Princess, that would be amazing.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM
"..."
I don't expect that, if he would mean the monochrome part, he would probaly just mention that instead of a certain GB game.

Also, if the game would have the art style of something like Twilight Princess, that would be amazing.
oh sorry for the confusion. I didnt even mean dream land i just had that title in my head. I meant kirby's adventure sorry...thats awkward.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:51 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
oh sorry for the confusion. I didnt even mean dream land i just had that title in my head. I meant kirby's adventure sorry...thats awkward.
I'm not quite sure what'd be the difference there. In fact, isn't Kirby's Adventure less detailed than Cave Story?

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM
"..."
I'm not quite sure what'd be the difference there. In fact, isn't Kirby's Adventure less detailed than Cave Story?
The backgrounds are but the character sprites are more detailed.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:10 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I voted for Okami, as I think Cave Story's characters would have tons of detail, and the mimigas would probably look better.

Also, my thoughts on Cave Story 3D, I'm not going to Quote anybody because everyone has already said this, but I think the game looks fine in the state it's in, it is only meant to be a graphic remastering. Though I do think the game has a tendency to look like a poorly lighted PS2 game, and it made hate the game when I first got Cave Story 3D, but the game looks better when you're well . .. PLAYING it. The only thing that still rubs me the wrong way is the America art, but that's only because I prefer the Japanese art.