What is your favourite weapon

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:09 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
My favorite weapon is a sword because I killed the final boss with him.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:40 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Some people may have a preference for the strongest weapons, but to me it's about what is fun to use, and that would be the Snake.
But that's mostly because I like the wavy pattern, the possibility to go through walls and the possibility to just press to shoot; No holding, no charging and multiple bullets.

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
After playing a decent amount of Cave Story Randomizer I've found that that SpurboCharge (Spur+Turbocharge) is my new favorite weapon.

I've always liked Blade/Nemesis, but Spurbo is just so easy to use and quick, and doesn't force you to mash your hands off to get good DPS.

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
My favourite weapon is the spur.
Yes, I know it's a boring opinion but it's just really fun to release a powerful level 3 charged shot and see most of the enemies melt, (damn, those critters probably didn't even see it coming). Also combining it with the booster 2.00 makes it even more fun to use.

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I really gotta agree with BLink on Spurbocharge. Now, it seems to be a more OP version of the Spur, thanks to the Turbocharge being equipped, but the gameplay can surprisingly still have you on your toes, and give plenty of opportunity on strategies for using it, even if the game was randomized.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:26 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mine is the Spur because of the charge system and mutiple ways to use it

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:34 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
After playing a decent amount of Cave Story Randomizer I've found that that SpurboCharge (Spur+Turbocharge) is my new favorite weapon.

I've always liked Blade/Nemesis, but Spurbo is just so easy to use and quick, and doesn't force you to mash your hands off to get good DPS.
what does spur and turbo charge do?

i didnt think it helps it level up faster... does it?

also my favorite weapon is spur

but some other fun ones are like blade and super missile launcher
and maybe polar star since it becomes the spur

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:36 PM
War criminal
what does spur and turbo charge do?

i didnt think it helps it level up faster... does it?
It helps it charge up 1.5 times faster, which can be very useful in battles and situations.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Mine is both the Blade and the Spur. The blade, mostly because it at level 2 is the closest thing to a controllable melee weapon in the game (and I just really love swords), and the Spur because, well really, anyone who has used it can easily see why

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:02 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Turbospur
Honestly is this even a fair competition to the other weapons when it's a combination that's not even possible to obtain in vanilla gameplay.
I'm not gonna call any opinions invalid but I'm curious to see if people would prefer something else if we left out weapon+upgrade combinations for a moment, especially the not-vanilla ones.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:58 AM
Honestly is this even a fair competition to the other weapons when it's a combination that's not even possible to obtain in vanilla gameplay.
I'm not gonna call any opinions invalid but I'm curious to see if people would prefer something else if we left out weapon+upgrade combinations for a moment, especially the not-vanilla ones.
i would still say spur even without the 1.5 thingy

Apr 23, 2019 at 2:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
My favorite weapon is the spur.

Apr 23, 2019 at 7:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I think that the machine gun is the best weapon due to the fact that it's pretty early, strong, and if it's level 3 you can hover getting places early and/or easily (notably the arms barrier) and makes some bosses easier (e.g. the core)

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
am i the only one who thought you couldnt get the turbo without the machinegun?
or stack dogs? are these things added in the switch version?

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:19 PM
i dont think you can get turbocharge without machine gun i might be wrong

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:25 PM
Based Member
You were correct in believing that you can't get the turbo charge without the machine gun in the actual game. These people are referring to something that occurs in one of the mods here called Cave Story Randomizer, which is not cannon. It's kind of silly for them to be talking about guns only in mods when the discussion was meant to be about just the vanilla game.

Also, stacking puppies was something added in the Switch version of the game.

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I guess I belong to the minority that considers the Machine Gun as a favorite weapon. I got the best ending for the first time while I had my machine gun. I like the autofire and (of course) the hoverability at lvl 3. The spur is obviously a better weapon, and I never said that I'm always getting the MG, it's just the weapon I like the most. I like seeing Curly using the MG in the labyrinth fight/core battle. Also, due to my bias to Curly, I also love the fact that she gave her gun to me because she thought the one I had was garbage, and that just contributes to building up her sweet, cute, and friendly personality.

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:20 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The Fireball, because the weapon is more than an, aim and shoot and it's pretty fun to mess around with it.

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:13 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Under normal circumstances I would say the spur
But for hell runs, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but i would perfer the snake
It just feels much smoother to fire at enemies through walls instead of camp and charge
Also, machine gun for normal ending because it makes the mid game (start of labyrinth - abandoned mimiga village)
just so much fucking easier
For good ending runs spur becuz charging is just soo gud
Also, LV1 Nemesis.
Has the benefit of being strongest at LV1, which means that black winds don't mean shit when this thing is in your inventory
leveling up can be a pain, but you just have to make sure that you switch to another weapon when EXP drops, so that you'll be leveling another thing aside from your nemesis.
Also, taking hits when you're using this weapon means that you'll get payback by your weapon getting stronger.
Only problem is that you can only fire 2 shots on screen, and that's just unacceptable for a late-game weapon reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Blade at LV2 and 1 is a great weapon, and i can thank King for giving me something just so lovably OP.
Blade's meant to be used at close range, because even though you can only fire one shot at a time from long distances, it rocks when used on close range enemies like the core or Monster X.
One of the best mid-game weapons aside from the LV3 bubbler, which has a very good and fair use
It attac and it protecc and it good for lots of enemies on screen shooting lots of bulettz
Polar star's another one of my favorites too. It's simple, but good.
Weak AF when at level 1, but good for normal runs when at LV3.
First weapon in the game, and it leaves a good impression.
ABSOLUTE favorite weapon would be the LV3 Super missile launcher
Perfect for ending bosses. YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG with this weapon
I could give less shits about the number of ammo, especially since in hell B3 you can get a chest that increases your missiles by 35.
Even at LV2 and 1 it's much more useful than its shitty predecessor.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 9:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The Machine Gun is extremely useful in the early game and I get it sometimes when I'm aiming for the normal ending, but I feel awful depriving Curly of her weapon.
The Blade is fun to use and I make an effort to finish every bossfight using it, as a tribute of sorts to King.
But it terms of pure utility, nothing comes close to the Spur. The charge mechanic, the massive damage and range, the independence from experience points and of course the lasers.