• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

What is your Favorite CS mod, or in which one would you consider the highest of quality?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
May 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
For me, I would say that Ordeal Pillar would be my favorite, and i would consider Rave Story most well made one

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 3:17 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Ordeal Pillar was definitely great, yeah. The puzzles were well handled despite the primarily action-oriented engine, and the writing was top-notch.
I didn't really get Rave Story, to be honest.
My favourite would probably be Jenka's Nightmare. It was almost better than the original Cave Story in terms of character development, and the level design was great too. The plot was also well written.

May 12, 2018 at 2:17 AM
Pokemon Master
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, so before more the same answers show up by fellow members, I'm just going to set aside Rave Story, WTF Story, and Video Game, and list some of my favorite mods that aren't normally thought upon, none of them are in any particular order. Also, I never played Jenka's Nightmare or Lunar Shadow, fite me 1v1

1. Cave Story x Mega Man by Tpcool
2. Ama by Slither and Dunc
3. Treasure Islands by Noxid
4. Story Story by Kayya
5. Jenn's Journey by JonSpider
6. OpenCS by Jables
7. The Traveler by Jpzarde

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 4:49 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Jenka's Nightmare Re-Revived due to the New Game Plus system alone. So unnecessary but really makes it feel like a sequel

Also, I never played Jenka's Nightmare or Lunar Shadow, fite me 1v1
...why not, it's free

May 13, 2018 at 5:44 PM
The God of Development Heaven
Modding Community Discord Admin
"Deaths: 4000"
...why not, it's free
I haven't either. All mods are free and there are hundreds upon hundreds of them. You have to pick and choose.

May 13, 2018 at 7:28 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I haven't either. All mods are free and there are hundreds upon hundreds of them. You have to pick and choose.
Maybe you could play Lunar Shadow if I said it's worth it?

May 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM
Pokemon Master
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would love to do Cave Story mod videos again sometime, maybe I'll start off with the most popular ones because I never played them (except Schism)

May 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM
Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
For me, I would say that Ordeal Pillar would be my favorite, and i would consider Rave Story the best one made
i liked jenkas nightmare but after a while there was a lot of stuff going on it was kind of confusing
im glad they added that book

i thought mimiga army was pretty neat except the weapons didnt really make that much sense but it was still pretty neat i thought

i wrote a big list of a lot of the ones that were neat but i dont really remember where i wrote it theres a lot on there sorry if i didnt mention your game its probably on there

i generally like the really long finished games because i like happy endings