What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:20 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I use Safari most of the time but sometimes Google Chrome. Jeez, does Chrome run fast. I don't really know which one I like better, because with Chrome I get the speed, though, with Safari, I can use speech, which allows me to check messages I make so I can look proper. That speech function actually benefits a lot, not only with writing my own stuff, but with reading articles and stories.

Plus with Chrome, I just realized this, you can go fullscreen. Command + Shift + F for mac, and maybe Control + Shift + F for PCs. I have never used Chrome on a PC.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I use Chrome. Opera isn't that different, from what I've heard. I may try it out.
F11 is full-screen for any PC browser.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Member Title
Since you haven't specified whether or not your desktop/laptop runs Windows/OS__ I'm guessing either Internet Explorer or Safari. If I were you, I would download Chrome.

Derp.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Firefox

(Shut the hell up.)

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I have Safari Camino on my old PPC, which I may change soon because I feel that here can be a faster way to surf the web on an old Mac like mine Edit: Camino is Awesome (speaking of which, thanks for posting that link, Noxid).

There's Safari on my iPod Touch, which I also may consider changing because I think I can have a better online experience with this.

Then there's Chrome on the laptop. I switched to that because IE7 was being a hassle (as expected), plus, I felt that that there were faster options.

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:12 PM
meep
Firefox when I'm on Windows, Safari for Mac.
I don't like Chrome, I don't really trust Google.

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Netscape Navigator 2

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:17 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
WD said:
Firefox

(Shut the hell up.)

My mom used to use Firefox, and it has good virus protection so you shouldn't feel bad. Well, it at least tries to have virus protection. I don't use it much so I don't know, I just heard it will block certain sites, or will ask 'Are you sure you want to go to this site? It may have malware.' Or something like that. It also can have apps unlike Internet Explorer or Safari.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sirtophat said:
Netscape Navigator 2

Infinite high fives be yours.

Also I use Chrome on Windows, and Safari on Mac.
I may have to take a peek at those ones Noxid posted, though.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:30 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Trying to earn our Hipster Scout badges, I see.

royaltyler said:
My mom used to use Firefox, and it has good virus protection so you shouldn't feel bad. Well, it at least tries to have virus protection. I don't use it much so I don't know, I just heard it will block certain sites, or will ask 'Are you sure you want to go to this site? It may have malware.' Or something like that. It also can have apps unlike Internet Explorer or Safari.

Yeah, it does. I also use it because I've been using it for years now and it feels the most comfortable to me. The reason I said shut the hell up is because,well, if I had a dollar for every time one of the forum members scoffed at me and told me to use Chrome....

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Member Title
diph.php

WD said:
The reason I said shut the hell up is because,well, if I had a dollar for every time one of the forum members scoffed at me and told me to use Chrome....

All web browsers practically do the same thing. Some simply have more features than others, and/or claim to use less resources. The only reason I recommend Chrome to people is because my older brother works for Google, and after using Chrome I feel others should at least take a look at it.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
just updated to IE9

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Nov 6, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nov 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Been here way too long...
I'm using Firefox on my netbook through the power of elimination. IE and Safari suck, let's face it. Maybe you like Safari on your Mac, but it's just awful on PCs. I used Chrome for a little while, but it was having little hiccups. Small, sporadic freezes. That was quite a while ago, but I can't imagine it uses less resources now, so... Firefox it is.
Ha no why would I use Opera don't be silly. It's a nice browser, yes, but kind of a CPU hog. I use it on my desktop which can handle it.
I don't know if Firefox is the least processor intensive of the big five, because it does freeze up quite a bit on this netbook. I have a feeling the other ones wouldn't do any better. Perhaps I will look at some of those hipster browsers that Noxid lonked.

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Why would you use Safari on anything but Mac? I only use it because I dislike the ports of all other browsers for OS X.

Also, I've never had an issue with Chrome, perhaps you should try it again.
And Chrome really is that much faster, I used Fireox for ages until
I was awakened by the glory of Google Chrome
[/fanaticism]

Nov 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Been here way too long...
I also find Firefox much more customizable than Chrome, but that's possibly because Chrome doesn't have convenient menus for it, you have to type things in like an expert hacker?