What if Quote were in Super Smash Bros?

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:50 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
OREOOOOH said:
quote has nothing to do with nintendo. even though its on the 3DS, DSi, and the Wii, nintendo never had a game with quote in it. in fact, nintendo only released it on the 3DS DSI, And Wii, they honestly have nothing to do with quote >.>

oh and, metroid and megaman are similar to quote. that should be enough for the game.
same with sonic, sonic is a sega character released on nintendo consoles and yet he made it in ssbb! besides, the only two rules are to have their first apperance in a video game and to have one game on a nintendo console.

'metroid' is just samus in a big costume, she's not a robot. megaman is a robot, but thats fine, nothing bad with having two robots, right? its like how theres adult and toon link, same moveset but theyre both still in ssb4! quote wouldnt even have megamans moveset, he's way too different.

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:44 AM
OREOOOOH said:
at least metroid is nintendo.

megaman is similar to quote in many ways. they both shoot, both a robot...
and as you can see in the megaman ssb trailer, he throws a blade too. and he throws missile things. quote would be megaman but less features....
i think its kinda pointless for quote to join.
quote has a gun that can shoot lightning, another that can shoot bubbles, a third that can shoot LASERS and a fourth that can shoot through walls, and yet you decide to compare megaman to quote through missile launcher and blade? and you call that 'less' features. and if he doesnt become a character, he could atleast be a trophy/assist trophy!

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Dunc2403 said:
yes but people know who megaman is
your argument is invalid
its like nintendo including lucas when NO ONE in america knew who he was, since he came from a japanese-only game
'knowing' who a character is or isnt does not define if they get to join or not, it all depends if they follow the two rules, which you should know since i restated them twice

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no it all depends on whether or not they decide to make the character
if every character that follows the two rules and has a petition to be in the game was put in, the game will never be released
so characters that people actually know (or actually belong to nintendo, like lucas) are far more likely to get in
please use your common sense here, quote's not getting in

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM
War criminal
OREOOOOH said:
too much for one character.
Sounds very hypocritical since Mega Man has much more weapons in SSB4 than Quote does in Cave Story.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Guys, your missing the point.

No one knows who Quote is.

Sonic got in because Everyone knows who Quote is.

And also Quote is 7 8 years old he should have made it in Brawl if anything at all.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yes, but adding a 3rd part, Indie game character would be hard for anyone, even Nintendo.
I will openly say though, that Quote has a much better chance of getting in smash bros than any other 3rd party Indie game character.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Nadojin said:
Yes, but adding a 3rd part, Indie game character would be hard for anyone, even Nintendo.
I will openly say though, that Quote has a much better chance of getting in smash bros than any other 3rd party Indie game character.
really? I'm sure there are more popular (Japanese) indie games...?
Or, is it more of what way the character could be used instead of the games popularity?

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I can think of one off the top of my head that may have a better chance of getting in, that being Commander Video. After all, he's rather well-known, and most of the games he's in are exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:17 AM
War criminal
Nadojin said:
Quote and Shantae on the most part. Both are very well-known indie game main characters that have been on Nintendo platformers.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Professional Whatever
Do you know how fucking happy i would be if shantae was in ssb

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:22 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
May be a polarising character, but right now i'm really hoping for Waluigi to be playable. Rosalina may take his spot as a Mario character, but seeing that some featured franchises are either dead(Mother) or hibernating(F-Zero, Starfox), i still have hope. It's the closest thing i have to Dick Dastardly.

As for Quote himself, i doubt it.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It's most likely not going to happen, but I support you anyway. :debug:

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:48 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It's not going to happen. Best we can hope for is an Assist Trophy.

I signed the petition anyways though.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
My opinion:
-From the bright side:I realy want Quote to be in SSB! Sign.
-From the dark side:Its not happening, there are over 49.000 signs needed. Even if everybody on this forum would sign (around 3.800 users)it wont pass.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Professional Whatever
Not to mention it's already been stated that online petitions don't do shit

OK everyone needs to just stop, we've been repeating the same points and going in circles. Sign the thing if you want to help but it won't help. That's the truth of the matter and no amount of debating will change that.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I voted for quote but sadly it ended already boo