What if Cave Story had another HD remaster?

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know that there is a lot of Cave Story ports out there but what if the next port was a HD remaster?

Maybe something in the same visual style of Shinonoko's art work:
p360604-0-cstory4thumb.jpg

Personally I think Shinonoko art work captured Cave Story perfectly so I tried to make a example of what Quote might look like in-game if it was in a similar style.
p360604-1-tumblrovdotpvrtu1wpkzgpo1400.png

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:05 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the only cave story I like is the original one

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
the only cave story I like is the original one
I personally think they are all great and do what they set out to do, re-introduce new people into a indie gem. I don't want them to demean on what is already amazing, I just think that if they were to make another port it would be cool if it was done with HD drawn sprites. Hope it doesnt displease the hardcore Cave Story fans like yourself.

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:15 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
sorry i'm having a mood
what I meant to say was
it's good but they would have to change a lot to make it suit the art style, the animations and tilesets in cave story are fairly.. basic? and were designed to really work best with a bit of the ambiguity that the smaller sprite size gave

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:51 AM
War criminal
There would be so many different styles used for Cave Story, the -ve part is starting to look like an -sh.

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That would be very interesting... However the surrounding areas and they way they are portrayed will have a make it or break it kind of concept, due to the game having a mildly dark plot and how the game takes place underground. The style looks great! but I feel a bit more realism might do better.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
That would be very interesting... However the surrounding areas and they way they are portrayed will have a make it or break it kind of concept, due to the game having a mildly dark plot and how the game takes place underground. The style looks great! but I feel a bit more realism might do better.
The game was never about being realistic. His quote drawing is about as realistic as the actual original sprite, which I’m fine with.