What have you been listening to?

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:05 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Jul 16, 2017 at 7:19 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Been listening to Japanese chiptune all day. This one is one of my favorites:

Also stumbled across a Japanese chiptune musician named Hige Driver. Makes some pretty good stuff:

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:56 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:46 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I guess I'll re-post this here because some of you might like it.

unknown.png

Verbose version: ordered left to right, top to bottom

---===S TIER===---

Porter Robinson and Madeon - Shelter Live
(The best of both artist combined into one for their Live album... however I don't think there is a legal way to obtain this at the moment....)

Death Spells - Nothing above; Nothing Below
(Very dark Hellsound album, has elements of death metal but more electronic instrumentation.)

Flume - Skin
(Very IDM like, pop like album, Flume just makes great music imo.)

Neil Ciciregia - Mouth Moods
(Mashup Professional)

Savant - πρῶτος (Protos)
(really good alternate rock album with EDM elements, not the usual kin of music from Savant but very solid album.)

Glass animals - How to Be a Human Being
(Super consistent album, 45 minutes of the same idea but none of the songs borrow from eachotehr melodicly and that's amazing it can do that and have each song be destinct at the same time. I constantly have the music in my head, it's just good music.)

Milo - Who told you to think!?!?!?!?!
(lofi rap album, Very nostalgic for some reason and I'm not quite sure why since I never grew up listening to anything like this at all, let alone rap.)

Meteor - Parallel Lives
(great synthwave album, first Time I listened to it it was rather high C tier but it grew on me a lot. It's amazing how much music can tell us even without lyrics.)

Secede - Tryshasla
(very atmospheric album, Similar to Parallel lives it tells a story without any words outside of song titles. )

Porter Robinson - Virtual Self
(This EP I swear gets better each time I listen to it, and this is supposedly only half of the album that's suppose to come out sometime later this year.)

Savant - Ninur
(This is some Generic EDM album that somehow just got better over time and is kinda for no real reason in S tier just because of familiarity and great tunes.)

Porter Robinson - Worlds (studio and live versions)
(I could go on for a very long time as to why this album is great but just.... listen to it.)

---===A TIER===---
Scandroid - Scandroid
(Very very solid Synthwave alcum, better than Parallel Lives in some ways and should be S tier tbh.)

We're not French - Headphones Required
(great band you should check out sometime)

Glitch Mob - Drink the sea
(More atmospheric music with very strong tracks throughout the entire album. I love this album and it really should be in S tier as well...)

Prince Whatever - Reinvent
(we don't talk about this album.)

Scraton - Reel to Reel
(Another kinda good EDM album, might be better than ninur but idk depends on taste.)

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
(Emo Metal literally is my breakfast fuel that gets my day going. Also if it means anything the first time I listened to this was like 3 weeks ago lol)

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
(I like how desperate this album is, smiling and crying is ok and something I do a lot. )

S U R F I N G - Deep Fantasy
(Virtual Self but a lot more mellow and vaporwave and just not as good.)

Crystal Castles - I
(I have no idea why I thought this album was D tier at some point, It's pretty lofi in parts and energetic in others. )

She - Chiptune Memories (not in picture)
(VERY solid chiptune album, might even be S tier tbh.)

Hiroyuki Sawano - Kill la Kill Rearrange & Remix Soundtrack CD (not in picture)
(Got I live the KLK soundtrack, and this EP of just the vocal tracks remixed is super amazing.)

Clarence Clarity - No Now (not in picture)
(God this album.... It's so disgusting and grimy electro and I love it.)

Internal Errors - PVNK (not in picture)
Great EP with super dark hellsound tones, If it was longer than just 20 minutes and slightly better I would have this in my top 5 in a heartbeat.

I guess my tastes are rather.... modern, alternate, and dark.
Kind of like me haha.

May 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Felt compelled to buy this game (Aaero) after seeing a trailer with this music playing.

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:47 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I did some LSD by the sea and this dude named Carl (who didn't do LSD, only weed) played Jon Hopkins songs on a portable speaker. Great songs, even when sober.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:27 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have no explanation as to how i found this
And then these were just from one of my favorite games

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:16 PM
I'll be reviving this thread, it's disgraceful that it's been allowed to rot considering it's such a useful thread.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:31 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hi I love and am currently listening to Caravan Palace, Slime Girls, Shin Megami Tensei IV's soundtrack, and a bunch of songs by Kali Uchis, Lizzo, SZA, Jorja Smith, Tyler the Creator and De La Soul! Also Blue Reflection's OVERDOSE, Sword of Justice, and songs that make me cry from In the Heights! I love many other things as well and might share them later when time isn't as big of a problem, for now I need to block everything that causes distraction including this site (believe it or not)!

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:59 AM
"Huzzah!"

1. Clouds in the Blue - This song is very calming, and then very loud and I honestly think overall it sounds really good! It also has many sounds that sound like they were made back when you had to make your own sounds. Retro if you will. I really like old looking games too, so this was definitely a must.
2. Merry go Round - I think this one really sounds good with its instrumentals, but, I really love the "retro" stuff, it vocals, much like Cloud in the Blues, are fantastic, I much prefer this over Protoflicker even though this isn't as 80-90's sounds. Mainly because I love the climax(s) when it gets louder, they are placed very well
3. Protoflicker - its retro, but no vocals, which, in many cases, I hate vocals, (not in this list of course) because its very slow and makes me cringe and/or embarrassed that I'm even listening to it, this version of it is much like the other, but its...very...very...very long for a song. 7 minutes, but its has everything else I like in a song
4. ミソッカス / ライジングレインボウ (Rising Rainbow) - it's funny on the outside, also, good vocals, but whats new? Well, it switches on and off between fast and safe, when something like Merry go Round has it for a good amount of time, which in my opinion makes it a lot better, but, I, just love this song, I've listened to this for hours on end and it never gets old
5. Corneria - I, adore, this video game series, sadly only being able to watch every single game besides 64, which, I guess I dodged a bullet, people don't really like these newer games, the song is old, but I can't get over the drum sounds and what might be electric guitar, it sounds, incredible, however, I don't really like the second half, I can't really explain it, it just feels...off...
6. Wally's Theme - I love the guitar, and, if you've played the Ruby/Sapphire remake, its very climatic, even though you never fight him again (which I think is bullshit, same with Zinna) and the elite 4 is on the way, I really feel like the battle is one sided, since even at a lower level, my Mega Blaziken kills them off, it stays very consistent as well, which I like a lot

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:56 PM
The theme song of killing the 7 Deadly Sins (aka the bosses from FF: 4 Heroes of Light) in Bravely Second. Yes, they're quite challenging but it's worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 2:10 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
These past few days I've been listening nonstop to the entire Humans album by Gorillaz, because somehow I find that it calms me down a lot. Lots of songs from a Korean artist named Baek Yerin as well. I've been a ball of anxiety the past few weeks, and recent world news (nCoV in particular), are making me extra fidgety. Stay safe out there, everyone!

Mar 14, 2020 at 9:56 AM
Thank goodness somebody revived this thread, it's far too good to go to waste.

Mar 14, 2020 at 10:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
These past few days I've been listening nonstop to the entire Humans album by Gorillaz, because somehow I find that it calms me down a lot. Lots of songs from a Korean artist named Baek Yerin as well. I've been a ball of anxiety the past few weeks, and recent world news (nCoV in particular), are making me extra fidgety. Stay safe out there, everyone!
Man, I REALLY like Saturnz Barz, especially the part with 2-D.
About your anxiety, we've all been there at some point. Now, I'm not an expert, but my hint is to wait knowing that it will go away. Distractions are great.
Other than that, if you want to calm down(and keep in mind this might be an awful suggestion)you might want to listen to their 'new' song "Momentary Bliss", which I do find very charming.

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
i like the cave story theme song

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:46 PM
Mar 23, 2020 at 12:13 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The entire Starfox 2 soundtrack, love Fortuna inside.

I wonder how many people would have been nostalgic to it if the game did release.

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:15 AM
"Huzzah!"
Someone had to post this eventually.
Who else is listening to this during this quarantine?

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
Someone had to post this eventually.
Who else is listening to this during this quarantine?

Candy girls?
Apparently they're Swedish, I wonder what the connection is, but I don't want to digress.