What happens to every one after the best ending?

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Im just wonder what if humans came back to the island and tried to use the mimigas as weapons of mass destruction. Plus what happens to Balrog, Misery, Jenka, Quote&Curly, and Sue and her family?

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Im just wonder what if humans came back to the island and tried to use the mimigas as weapons of mass destruction. Plus what happens to Balrog, Misery, Jenka, Quote&Curly, and Sue and her family?

To the first part of your post: I guess it's actually still possible. As far as I remember, the red flowers weren't destroyed. There's no more demon crown or Ballos, so that part of the story is resolved, but the mimiga still exist. I presume that if anyone else discovered the effects of the red flower on them (or that the information was relayed somehow), humans could still potentially pick up The Doctor's plans from where he left off.

To the second (things we know/strongly suspect in bold, thoughts/personal theories in normal text):

Quote, Curly and Balrog get their happy ending and go to live out the rest of their lives in peace and presumably no longer engage in combat. The openess of the ending is great because a sequel (or even speculative fiction in the form of fanfiction or mods) can pretty easily bring the three back if they want/need to.

Sue and her family are reunited and go off on their seperate way as well. I'm not sure whether the implication of the credits was that Sue and Itoh couldn't be reverted to their human forms, or whether it was just a comedic way of showing that they hadn't figured it out yet.

Jenka and Misery are... less obvious. Misery grows up, but that's really all I know. I like to think she reconciled with Jenka and continued practicing magic and became a competent sorceress. And Jenka continued being a crazy dog lady.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Pessimistic Worst case scenerio :
The Mimiga population is endangered. Quote shot up a bunch of frenzied Mimiga on the way to the Crown. It's unlikely, but the rest of the Mimiga could have been sent to the surface already to begin to cause havoc...

With the destruction of the Core and Ballos though they would revert to their harmless forms, and probably be rounded up and captured by whoever they were attacking. Or just stranded on the surface, assuming that's where all the Mimiga went.

In this case, it's possible the Island could be revisited by the countries of the world. Maybe a small scout party to determine recent events. And if they find out about the Sakamotos, I'm sure they will be questioned. Depending on if the Sakamotos have permission to seek out the island, IF the countries still are keeping tabs on the island; or if there's some other reason why they decided to leave it alone... If the truth comes out, how close they came to a repeat of the War... I'm sure the Sakamoto family may be in some hot water.

The other island inhabitants and creatures will slowly start to repopulate / heal up, depending on how killer Quote was in his journey... Nurse Hasumi and Doctor Kero will be busy fixing up the labyrinth D:

It's unclear about Jenka's dogs. Were they stomped by Balrog during Cave Story? Or do they just not show up in the epilogue pictures? In either case, a new litter is born! [Or reborn?] Mysteriously, Prof. Booster goes to visit Jenka... I'm unclear as to why...

Misery now finally freed from the Demon Crown will have some tough decisions to make... To stick with the island and succeed Jenka? Or maybe to resume whatever plot brought on the need for the Demon Crown's creation in the first place... Will she give up her designs? Or will ambition grow anew after some time passes?

Ballos is hopefully totally gone now. With his body destroyed and nothing to sustain his wild magic, hopefully it will dissipate. But, the Doctor did prove one could exist without a body... or that one could possess alternate bodies... So, I'm at least concerned if there are any traces left. We can only hope that Ballos' prison was designed to neutralize the magic with the body gone. And that the destruction brought on by Quote's battle / Balrog's entrance and exit didn't do anything to break that prison...

The Core was destroyed... but I'd like to think the little Cores live on and keep the island floating!

Also Little Man was taken away with Quote, Curly and Balrog to a very lovely island. WTFstory?!
[Hmm... is Little Man in WTFStory? Seems like we've forgotten an essential minoritycharacter!]

That's all folks... for now...

I *think* it depends on if Ballos is destroyed and if the Demon Crown is truly gone. Without the Demon Crown, there is no way to control frenzied mimigas. And without a big core there shouldn't be any frenzied Mimigas anyway.
For various reasons I assume the red flowers are a product of Ballos' corruptive magic... So assuming he's gone, I dunno if they will continue to exist, or have power... It's unclear...

Here's my take on worst case :
If Ballos is defeated but his taint continues to infect the island, without a prison to contain it. Then perhaps red flowers could bloom across the island and affect the islands wildlife. And if the Doctor is not completely eliminated, then there's a chance he might begin to return and possess something... Though without the Demon Crown, I don't know if he will have the same sanity that he did and ability to control the wild magic.
How do you get rid of a virus? Something that has no body? Will it die out on its own? Or will it just continue to spread as it finds hosts? Misery WAS mutated for a short period... And we saw how just one host body can cause such havoc [Ballos]. So if wild magic were to start to affect Misery...?

It's late, time to sleep~

EDIT: What if the Doctor's work on the Red Crystal is just a taste of the troubles that could come. A world where wild magic is able to affect even humans D: What if the Doctor put something into motion before his sudden demise?

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's hard to be 100% sure what happens to Quote, Curly and Balrog, because Pixel never clearly explains it. However, that could make for a good sequel. They just settle down, the Sakamotos go home with Santa and Chako, etc.... I think everyone else exxplained everything else, but there's no saying exactly what happened to Q,C &B.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I THINK:
Sue & Ithon
1.Sue and Ithon will be transformed, but it needs a few times, because in the credits they were humens for a short time.
2.Sue and Ithon wont be humens anymore, then "detectiv Conen" whit this tabltets

Balrog, Quote & Curly Brace
OH...I'm Free, maby Balrog thinks that, because Myseri was incarcerated him in the time with her,but Quote killed her
and because of this hes is FREE!!! Then, when Quote and Curly was going to die...He came to help Quote&Curly,
what a luck, ore not?
Balrog flew away to the surface with Quote&Curly to live there, and then can a new story begin...

Jenka
She wil rest in her smal and beautiful house, but ONLY with her doggy's! So she will seek them all,
but she will not find all of the puppys..
She will wait, and wait, and wait...
And suddenly the last puppy will come, but he will run away!
Jenka follows...and OH NO one of the skeleton!!!
she will fall and feel the breathless of this monster,
Then she saw one wommen and a new story will begin...

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
that are my fanfics :eek:

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Everybody dies the end.

No but really what happens is, I think the island just falls out of the sky. Yes, falls out of the sky. This kills everything that didn't get off the island. The reason I think that is because of what happened to the core, so how would the island stay afloat? If i'm missing some obvious detail then tell me though.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Everybody dies the end.

No but really what happens is, I think the island just falls out of the sky. Yes, falls out of the sky. This kills everything that didn't get off the island. The reason I think that is because of what happened to the core, so how would the island stay afloat? If i'm missing some obvious detail then tell me though.
Well, if the island was about 4 or 5 kilometers wide, and falling at at least 1 meter per second, it would made a crater around 10 kilometers wide. Unless sky dragons, helicopters, and toaster-lunchbox things can fly 10,000 meters in 5 seconds, then your theory would be correct. They would be all annihilated in the fireball.

info from here

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
"best ending"

Guys, the island didn't fall at the best ending.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
No he means even though there's no Ballos, there's also no Core. Why does the island float?
His answer: It doesn't.

It stops falling in the ending sequence lol. That's a fact. Anything else is just speculation.

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Indie game enthusiast
My guess is all those small cores that you see during the Core battles can support the island with Ballos gone...

If you want a more detailed answer, ask~

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
I actually thinks that Jenka is the one who is keeping the island up, and had the core to negate Ballos' power.

Keep in mind that even while Ballos' magic is going unrestrained and batshit, she still managed to capture him and put him in a floating island, not to mention that she would have been able to kill him as well if she had the heart to.

That means that with the death of Ballos Jenka could easily keep the island up without any special devices at all.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM
But you have to remember, Jenka is getting older and losing her powers. I would assume something would cause the island to fall as when you are in the prefab building it seems an earthquake is happening. I just don't see what would have stopped the island from falling, maybe Jenka but like I said earlier she is losing her powers. It could be Misery since she is free from the doctor's curse, or it could be some magical power that we don't know about.

Don't get mad at me for reality, but if I stand in one spot while the island is falling it never falls. I know its because you have to complete the game, and that no game would do something that stupid, but really why is it staying up?

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Indie game enthusiast
You two are both right and wrong...

Jenka WAS the one who was powerful enough to seal away her insane brother for the ages on that floating island...
But these days she's too old and frail to move more than a pixel. So there's a simple explanation to who keeps the Island running.

Who else could it be...? Wasn't there some other intellgence on the island, with incredible powers...?
... Think .......

......................................................"So it was all your work!"

YES! Obviously Jenka's dogs are the ones pulling the strings on the island. Those magical talking dogs that can see the future, play with the undead, be a ghost, do anything...

I get the feeling that Misery made Ballos make the Demon Crown to inherit magic... Because, Jenka wouldn't pass on her power of Magic to Misery for some reason. And to Misery the final straw was when Jenka gave all her magic to her DOGS, instead of her daughter. [Maybe it was to protect her, or maybe she was a brat, or maybe she REALLY loved those dogs.]

And that's why Jenka needed to collect her puppies in Cave Story, in order to gather her magical power. Though most of it probably had been lost over the many generations of magic puppies. And that's why Misery doesn't just teleport you at the end. She loses her power after the Demon Crown curse is lifted...

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Mind = Blown

Wow that was a really really amazing theory.

But what doesn't make sense is why misery doesn't just kill the dogs.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Thanks xD

Hmmm....

Maybe dealing with Jenka and the dogs was difficult in the past? Maybe when she first got the power, she didn't want to kill/hurt Jenka and the dogs, but might show them off. "Now who's the fool?!" >:D

A good question... why doesn't Misery just teleport into Jenka's house and grab the key... instead of sending Balrog...

There was that Sunstone barrier and Omega... Makes me wonder, was Omega going after Quote? Or maybe was he supposed to go after Misery? [I might think Omega was a recent addition since Curly and Colons used to visit Jenka, and Hajime the dog is outside of the barrier?]

Maybe at that point Misery decided to let Quote do the heavy lifting, and send Balrog as a safeguard...

Also the dogs are spread out, kind of difficult to find; besides deep down inside I don't think Misery would feel the same way towards Jenka after all these years have passed. "I told my daughter this would happen..." :|

Probably not an accurate theory xD But not too bad...