What happened in your FIRST hell run ?

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Time to fix some of the dialogue in Cave Story, then.
"Welcome to (Please consider censoring yourself.)!"
"Doctor Dumb can go (Please consider censoring yourself.)!"
I don't even know what you're talking about. I don't talk to people much in Cave Story.
EDIT: "Screw" was never a swear. Plus, I normally play on my 3DS.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 10:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I die

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First HELL run, eh? well...
Died a couple times at B1 (heart container included, maxed Super Missiles to LV3)

B2 was the real nigthmare here (though each dead here, I developed a skill with the booster that helped me pass between those falling blocks and the angels, super fast)

B3 was sort of, hard because that big angels was making some troubles to me, my fast hands were helpful to go through the rain of angels before Heavy Press (Spur (fully charged)-Blade (Lv3)-Bubbler shield (meanwhile I was changing of position to up and right)

Heavy Press at 2nd attempt (me from the past believed that it was going to explode, but nope, then crushed)

Ballos, somehow, was easy, none of his first three forms did any damage to me, fourth one, in other hand gave me some troubles with all those angels shooting and making tackles at me, until I discovered the eye-stand trick, then it was a full BARRAGE OF SUPER MISSILES into his eye, and it was done...... final time (first tme) was like 6:50:21, don't remember

Also, it was done on the PSP version, so there is a plus for the smaller screen size imo...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:14 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
i used to think the first section was impossible without invincibility frames

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
My first time I forgot to jump...and died in the first spikes. After a few months of play a few times and get tired of it, I finally fought Heavy Press and got crushed by him.
Honestly, I think it only took me 3 tries to beat Ballos, because dying 100+ times in Hell turned me into a CS Veteran.

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:26 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I once died to ballos falling on me with his 2nd form right after I beat his 1st form.
it looked so stupid that I wasn't even that mad about it because I was laughing at myself tbh

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:41 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Honestly I never defeated he'll and I've tried at least 75 times I don't know if it's a bad thing but I have kept dying at the mini boss not on knowing how to damage it

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:33 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
dying, dying, dying, and last time I checked dying

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ran into hell facefirst with machine gun and flopped on the B1 death spikes.
Got further each time, but eventually gave up and tried the stage with spur.
Died a couple more times, but after doing some ballos practice and some other stuff I beat hell on freeware.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
On my first run I used the Spur and passed through the first rooms quite easily, but I had mistakenly used the Life Pot on the Undead Core fight, which made Hell much more difficult. I would either get killed by the Heavy Press, or reach Ballos with very little health. I couldn't survive long enough in the Ballos fight to figure out his patterns.
I ended up using a cheated savefile to practice on Ballos before I legitimately beat Hell on my own save.

Apr 28, 2019 at 3:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
death. too much death. i've spent 3 hours on it (i was playing easy mode on switch, too!) before beating it at midnight around a couple weeks ago.

May 31, 2019 at 5:14 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The first time I tried to get to Hell I didn't go into the Prefab Building and instead just followed Sue but that's an entirely different story
Also keep in mind that I traded for the Machine Gun, didn't grab the Nemesis, and was playing on Easy Mode
B1: Took me five tries to realize that I had to use the Booster 2.0 to get past the spike traps, took me another five to start refreshing the Booster with the small spike, took me another five to actually get through
B2: Didn't ever die here but would lose at least half of my health every time
B3: The angels killed me more times than I can count. Quickly found out how useful the Machine Gun was (not at all) so most attacking was done by Curly. Managed to get to the Heavy Press (without the missile upgrade because I missed it), just stood in the middle and spammed missiles, then I get crushed. A couple more tries, avoided getting crushed, and got to Ballos
Ballos: Blade spam for the first phase, then I get crushed by the second phase at low health and die. After trying again and avoiding him, I learned the strategy of "point Curly at the eye and spam". Used the Life Pot (if I didn't after the first phase) but still managed to get beaten by the third phase. After a lot of tries to keep more and more health before Ballos, I learn how to actually avoid him, beat that phase, aand get killed by the spikes out of the ground. Even more tries and, after getting lucky with my health, I eventually got past the last phase and boom, best ending.
TL;DR spent 3 hours getting my butt kicked before getting lucky and making it out

May 31, 2019 at 5:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
*Gives a slow clap with a happy grin.*
Took me forever to get through hell, but at least I could do it, my brother couldn't without hacking the game and giving himself a health station before Ballos. (he was a loser)
I'm sure I've said something here before so I'll stop.

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
For me, it wasn't the first room wasn't my first death, since trust me, I got a LOT of practice from Last Cave...more than I should've...but I did at first stand on spikes than delt 10 dmg because I didn't know how to do it at first, next was the second room, damage boosting, I took 30 damage, got the hearts to the side, spammed up when I saw the Hells Messengers and then made it to the room with all those archers, then was sniped to death.
4 years, 4, YEARS I practiced and eventually I got a whopping time of' 4 minutes or somethin to be fair before it was 20, now Im trying to make it 3 minutes and something because I have nothing else to do

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
kept getting distracted by the dialogue in B1, overshooting and landing in the spike pit (i still do it)

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:44 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This was my second run of the game, and I had heard somewhere that there was a true ending (somewhere on Youtube, though I forget where) and so I dedicated the day to abandoning a dying old man, going from leaving Curly to die to actually dragging her through hell, and, well Hell. The first room wasn't too bad, only took me a few times to get it down, but the second room was an absolute nightmare. I'd always end with like 10 health by the time I got out. The third room started off looking impossible until I started slowing down and finally putting the Snake to good use. I will always remember when I died to Ballos for the first time, spawning back in the shack, and realizing what I had done to myself. Took me like 90 minutes from start to end.

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
surprise surprise, i died on the first huge spike

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Started Bloodstained Sanctuary (yes, I did play the 3DS port of Cave Story +) with 20HP because I had taken damage during the escape sequence after you beat Undead Core. First section was hard as hell due to all the spikes, second section is hell: most of it was spent killing the first two Butes and getting the hearts they dropped to recover my lost HP. After this, it's dash like hell to the exit. The third section is the best one because it's so cathartic to destroy all the enemies in your path.
Regarding bosses, Heavy Press was a pain until I started using Super Missiles to defeat it quickly. The fight with Ballos is difficult until you recognize it's attack patterns. Even then, I still had quite the fight on my hands, and I died a few times. It was worth it though, because I unlocked the Boss Rush and the Wind Fortress (neither of which I completed).

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Grinded health giving me an epic time of 16 minutes