What do you think of Megaman 11

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:01 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Me, i feel like it shouldn't be Classic Megaman to get the opportunity.
I feel like it should have been X or another Megaman type game.
Other then that It was meh, the new robot master are fine even if I feel like there not so much originality,(Torch man...Ok why not.)
And the music is pretty good(My favorite is Torch man stage)
and for the new graphics: the 16:9 ratio make me feel pretty confused which is purely personnal and the 3d look good even if the cinematic feel weird(like it was one of the point that mighty number 9 critic said about cutscene and also that the game was "ugly" even if Megaman 11 did same.)
So yeah,meh it left me indifferent except for Megaman voice while playing, feel outta place to hear megaman with a masculine voice after playing Megaman 8.

Sep 30, 2018 at 3:03 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 30, 2018 at 5:14 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I think the series would have been fine with just the 10 entries it already had, but I'm still happy they are making another one. I do agree with the point that another Mega Man spinoff game, like the X series, should have had the opportunity; however, I think this is just Capcom's way of setting a foundation for future games in the series after the hiatus the series went through. So I wouldn't at all be surprised if we get the announcement of an X9 or another game outside of the Classic series after Mega Man 11 has some time to settle in after being released.

The robot masters look fine. They kinda have that Mega Man 7/8 feel to them, perhaps because they look a bit bigger and slightly more complex than the typical NES-style bosses? Impact Man looks straight out of Mighty No. 9, and they took a page out of the Mega Man DOS book for Torch Man. :awesomeface:

I haven't listened to the music yet. I want to keep myself as un-spoiled as possible so my first run with the full game is more interesting and genuine. For that same reason I also haven't played the demo of the game. I technically have listened to Fuse Man's theme quite a bit because that's the music they had in the trailer of the game, and I really enjoy that song a lot. If the rest of the music is around that quality, then we've got ourselves another top-tier Mega Man soundtrack.

The graphics look fine. I don't really have much to say about them. Although, if we're comparing them to Mighty No. 9's graphics, I would say Mega Man 11 far and away has it beat. Mighty No. 9's visuals are utterly horrid and one of the reasons why I consider it such a hit-or-miss game. I haven't seen much of the Mega Man 11 cinematics, but I can say for sure that it would be extremely surprising if they were somehow worse than Mighty No. 9's.

The voice acting is alright... I have always loved the cheesy and bad voice acting of Mega Man 8, but I doubt they'd be able to replicate that kind of voice work without being intentionally cheesy nowadays, which would be worse. I do applaud them for having voice acting in the first place considering how infamous the concept has been throughout the Classic and X series.

Anyway, as a whole, I'm really looking forward to playing it the week it comes out. It definitely has the look of being among the best of the Classic series games given what I've seen of the trailers. Here's hoping. :orangebell:

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:45 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I love a lot of other megaman series (I grew up on starforce) but I get why they did a mainline entry. I'm not complaining though because I love mainline megaman as well. But apparently if 11 does well then capcom has said they'll most likely look into other series (specifically x) to revive along with it. I look forward to seeing that come true and while I know its doubtful I hope for a new starforce entry. The game's plotline has pretty much already been "ended" but that can be said for a lot of megaman games and the next thing you know it continues anyways.

Now as for 11 itself I tried the demo on my switch and yea its pretty good. Feels just as challenging as any megaman. I honestly thought the double gear system was going to be a baby mode thing I wouldn't use but they actually made it into a proper mechanic so it feels pretty fresh honestly. Graphics wise I think the game looks find as a first attempt at a 3D mainline megaman. I'm sure overtime they'll improve the style and makes changes for the better. HOWEVER I am not digging the music so far. That's not to say its bad or anything but something about feels...off? I don't want to say its generic because going back and listening to the two songs we have on youtube I feel they're pretty good. But in-game I barely even notice them unlike other megamans where the music helps give the feeling of the stage as you go through it. Who knows though maybe once the fullgame and ost comes out my mind will change on this because as of now we only have blockman and the boss battle theme.

The voice acting is ok I mean its a dub so I don't expect the highest quality especially in megaman. I still prefer the japanese voices especially megaman's because it makes him feel like his supposed "age" which is supposed to be that of around a middle schooler if I remember right. Also as for the robot masters the designs are good and creative. I feel like the only ones who underwhelm me are torch man and blast man. But to oppose that my favorite new designs so far are tundra and bounce man. I think the only downside is not giving us a new girl robot master for the mainline games. But for some reason we got one for...a pachinko machine based off megaman??? :confused:

But besides that megaman 9 will always have my favorite robot master designs.

Overall, yea its good. I mean there's no way they could be the dumpster fire that was mighty no 9 god i hope im not wrong on that. But I'll def get it when I can and try to beat it all the way through (those megaman games are just so dang hard man)

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:38 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The game has been out for a bit now, so I think it would be good to give it a quick evaluation. Overall, I think it does sit with some of the best Mega Man games. I wouldn't rank it higher than MM4, my favorite and the one I think is the best, and probably not even above MM9 as of right now, but the fact that I'm comparing it with those games means that it sits with good company.

The positives? There are a lot. Most aspects of the game were handled very well, and there are only a small handful of things that irk me. The stage design, boss fights, weapons, and gears are really good, and those are the essential fundamentals of a good Mega Man game. The stages are really long, definitely the longest of the series since each stage has an additional checkpoint, but I think I do like this decision because all of the stages are very well put together. The boss fights now use the double gear system, which in general makes the boss fights more fun, but I have always been skeptical of boss fights that take too long in a series like classic Mega Man. The weapons are really useful on their own, but having the power gear to upgrade them makes them some of the most practical and fun to use weapons in the whole series. The double gear system is a ton of fun to use and fits in perfectly with the game's design. The speed gear is useful in almost every situation. The power gear is great with the weapons, but its usefulness is iffy with only the buster. I've been experimenting using the power gear with the buster more often, and I think it's good when charged, but pretty ineffective with just the pellets.

My BIGGEST complaint with the game is the end. The first two Wily stages are awesome; the first is ridiculously difficult, but a lot of fun, and the second is just a good, standard fortress stage. It kind of falls apart from there, though. The third stage is just boss refights. The fourth stage was basically just the final boss fight, with a little bit of lead in. This is really disappointing because: a) every Wily stage had been really good up to this point, b) the game has made an effort to make every stage really long up to this point, so the last two being this short just feels jarring, and c) there are only four fortress stages in this game, and every other game that had only four fortress stages had an actual level for the third fortress stage. Another flaw is with the controls. This doesn't happen often, but if you turn around and attempt to jump at the same time, it won't register the jump input. This doesn't trip you up too often, but when it does at the worst time, it feels stupid.

The music is fine. My favorites are the Wily Stage theme, Fuse Man's theme, and Acid Man's theme. Everything beyond those songs are either good or average. A nice thing I can say about the soundtrack is that even though there aren't a ton of stand-out songs, none of them are bad. Even some of my favorite Mega Man soundtracks (MM&B, MM5) have songs I don't like. I'm not a huge fan of the instrumentation in MM11, though. It's serviceable, but it's comprised of mostly generic synths, which makes a lot of the songs interchangeable and blend together. Compare this to Mighty No. 9, a game whose soundtrack uses primarily synth instruments, but has a good variety of them, and also isn't afraid to use more traditional instruments like guitars and pianos (this is the only aspect of MN9 that I will give over MM11 :awesomeface:). My opinion on the game's graphics hasn't really changed since I first talked about them. They're fine. I like the character and enemy models along with the particle effects, but despite the backgrounds being decently well detailed, they never stood out to me much.

OVERALL? If you like Mega Man, you should definitely get this game. If you want to get into Mega Man, this is not a bad place to start, especially because of the various difficulty settings. If you aren't much of a fan of Mega Man, this will definitely not change your mind on the series.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:20 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The game has been out for a bit now, so I think it would be good to give it a quick evaluation. Overall, I think it does sit with some of the best Mega Man games. I wouldn't rank it higher than MM4, my favorite and the one I think is the best, and probably not even above MM9 as of right now, but the fact that I'm comparing it with those games means that it sits with good company.

The positives? There are a lot. Most aspects of the game were handled very well, and there are only a small handful of things that irk me. The stage design, boss fights, weapons, and gears are really good, and those are the essential fundamentals of a good Mega Man game. The stages are really long, definitely the longest of the series since each stage has an additional checkpoint, but I think I do like this decision because all of the stages are very well put together. The boss fights now use the double gear system, which in general makes the boss fights more fun, but I have always been skeptical of boss fights that take too long in a series like classic Mega Man. The weapons are really useful on their own, but having the power gear to upgrade them makes them some of the most practical and fun to use weapons in the whole series. The double gear system is a ton of fun to use and fits in perfectly with the game's design. The speed gear is useful in almost every situation. The power gear is great with the weapons, but its usefulness is iffy with only the buster. I've been experimenting using the power gear with the buster more often, and I think it's good when charged, but pretty ineffective with just the pellets.

My BIGGEST complaint with the game is the end. The first two Wily stages are awesome; the first is ridiculously difficult, but a lot of fun, and the second is just a good, standard fortress stage. It kind of falls apart from there, though. The third stage is just boss refights. The fourth stage was basically just the final boss fight, with a little bit of lead in. This is really disappointing because: a) every Wily stage had been really good up to this point, b) the game has made an effort to make every stage really long up to this point, so the last two being this short just feels jarring, and c) there are only four fortress stages in this game, and every other game that had only four fortress stages had an actual level for the third fortress stage. Another flaw is with the controls. This doesn't happen often, but if you turn around and attempt to jump at the same time, it won't register the jump input. This doesn't trip you up too often, but when it does at the worst time, it feels stupid.

The music is fine. My favorites are the Wily Stage theme, Fuse Man's theme, and Acid Man's theme. Everything beyond those songs are either good or average. A nice thing I can say about the soundtrack is that even though there aren't a ton of stand-out songs, none of them are bad. Even some of my favorite Mega Man soundtracks (MM&B, MM5) have songs I don't like. I'm not a huge fan of the instrumentation in MM11, though. It's serviceable, but it's comprised of mostly generic synths, which makes a lot of the songs interchangeable and blend together. Compare this to Mighty No. 9, a game whose soundtrack uses primarily synth instruments, but has a good variety of them, and also isn't afraid to use more traditional instruments like guitars and pianos (this is the only aspect of MN9 that I will give over MM11 :awesomeface:). My opinion on the game's graphics hasn't really changed since I first talked about them. They're fine. I like the character and enemy models along with the particle effects, but despite the backgrounds being decently well detailed, they never stood out to me much.

OVERALL? If you like Mega Man, you should definitely get this game. If you want to get into Mega Man, this is not a bad place to start, especially because of the various difficulty settings. If you aren't much of a fan of Mega Man, this will definitely not change your mind on the series.
Don’t know why but I can’t "like" this one.
Unlike mighty no 9, I can’t just go through a level.
I kind of feel the same way that I felt with megaman 5 or in one word.
I suck.
This megaman goes in the collection of megaman that I call the:
Dodge to stay alive.
This style of Megaman has some
-Enemies specialized for room example:Enemie that shoot in 6 directions and you have to go in circle to get to the ladder.
- Enemies that bounce to you’re ass in the end of the level.
-long and bad hitbox miniboss
-Spikes.
-???
-confusing logic for bosses weakness
Etc...
Weird since the megaman that are so difficult are actually one of my favourite.
Megaman and Bass
Megaman 1
Megaman 6(I know it’s not so hard)
Megaman 7
Overall, Megaman 11 is not a bad Megaman, clearly not but it’s clearly not my favorite,
Maybe I should replay it to see if I’ll be better this time, but for now it’s just
Meh.

Nov 4, 2018 at 11:16 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
0/10
The box art isn't Americanized