"What are you currently playing?" Screenshot thread

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I bought some shoot 'em up games on Steam since there's a sale going on. Sine Mora is the one that I'm currently playing.
p219194-0-zo9don8.png

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Finally getting a chance to play this. Never thought I play a game so simultaneously nice and evil.
frog.jpg

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:43 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've been playing a lot of OW lately, but i'm planning on starting back up Tera soon.
I noticed your gif was from Danganronpa! That game is tied with Cave Story for my favorite game. I've been replaying the games in celebration of the new Danganronpa 3 TV series. (Although I use the term "celebration" loosely because they keep killing off the best characters.)

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2016 at 2:41 AM
I noticed your gif was from Danganronpa! That game is tied with Cave Story for my favorite game. I've been replaying the games in celebration of the new Danganronpa 3 TV series. (Although I use the term "celebration" loosely because they keep killing off the best characters.)
Oh yea I love Danganronpa, really looking forward to the Hope Arc and Danganronpa v3.
Yeaaaa DR3: Future and Despair arcs have been really rough so far, maybe a bit iffy in quality too, but i've been enjoying them so far.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
AM2R!
p355902-0-tn8t0kn.png
Doubtless you've heard of it by now. Another Metroid 2 Remake is a wonderful fangame, among the best in the series. :D

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter!
[Image Unavailable]
There's at least one person on this forum who loves BoF and hates BoF V. Honestly, having only played V...it's one of my new favorite RPGs. This review is a summary (admittedly sesquipedalian and slightly rude) of why I like it so much, but I'd love to discuss it further if anyone's curious (or miffed)! :debug:

Lovely Planet
p355902-1-6ccg3yt.png
I swear I had the whole first world done (oh hey, I also happen to have poor-quality video evidence, not that I need it), but for some reason my progress is gone :<
Luckily, Lovely Planet's cutesy little levels should be both quick and enjoyable to redo. I'm no speedrunner but this game is still a nice time :)

Mystic Ark!
[Image Unavailable]
After figuring out the dumb ways in which an old Galaxy works compared to my Desire (internal SD cards are a headache), I'm continuing this. Almost finished with the (somewhat of an uninteresting slog compared to other worlds so far) wind world! ^.^

UOSSMUD
p355902-2-lwzgnuy.png
Still destroying everything. I'm at least in a position, emotionally, where I could conceivably take a long break from the game.

Final Fantasy VI
[Image Unavailable]
This one's in an odd place: despite being among my favorite RPGs, I've never actually - you know - truly finished it. :greydroll:
And I want to play it but I want to play it right, which means that longtime friend Romhacking.net comes into the picture. Only trouble is: Stand Guard seems like a lovely translation that I want to enjoy. Brave New World is a glorious gameplay overhaul that I want to experience. Stand Guard has gross gameplay changes on top of FF6's original flaws (read: Wingboots and Ward Bangle and probably other things), while Brave New World has an inferior script with unsavory elements (and adding the censorship back in to poorly remove the unsavory elements just isn't cool).

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. Whether I can surgically transplant Stand Guard's script onto Brave New World's gameplay while I have the passion to do so remains to be seen...and I don't have a good track record in this area, I'm the forum's most prominent(?) failure knight...but I'll try.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:36 PM
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Oct 11, 2016 at 4:25 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I've been playing Mother 3, finally!
p355913-0-6y7r1qe.jpg

(Uh... Photos count too, right?)

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Must be quite the dainty little tap on your teeth, then. ;3
"To no extent" in this context means "without limit". Essentially this phrase can have two possible meanings: the first is where "no extent" means an extent or limit of "nothing", and the second is where "no extent" means "without extent" or "limitless". Both meanings are valid and both are in common use (although which is more common varies by locality). For example, while the first meaning is likely more prevalent where you come from, for myself it is the opposite.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"To no extent" in this context means "without limit". Essentially this phrase can have two possible meanings: the first is where "no extent" means an extent or limit of "nothing", and the second is where "no extent" means "without extent" or "limitless". Both meanings are valid and both are in common use (although which is more common varies by locality). For example, while the first meaning is likely more prevalent where you come from, for myself it is the opposite.
I suppose that could be true! Languages tend to have big regional discrepancies like that, and if it becomes commonplace enough things can easily mean the opposite of what they once did/were meant to. (A good example might be "unthaw").

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I suppose that could be true! Languages tend to have big regional discrepancies like that, and if it becomes commonplace enough things can easily mean the opposite of what they once did/were meant to. (A good example might be "unthaw").
Sadly both meanings of the phrase "to no extent" are very literal. It's not like one is wrong and one is right according to the English language.

@mckgamer: The phrase "to no end" might be less confusing on an international stage. Just fyi.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oct 18, 2016 at 6:17 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
AM2R!
p355902-0-tn8t0kn.png
Doubtless you've heard of it by now. Another Metroid 2 Remake is a wonderful fangame, among the best in the series. :D
Hey, I'm glad you mentioned this~ (thanks!) I hadn't heard about it... I mean I knew there were attempts at fan games, but this one *was* wonderful like you said.
Just beat it tonight with a 91%... Wonder if there's any point in 100%ing it?

... And too bad Nintendo couldn't adopt the project as a fan-game.
Let's see what else have I played recently...
1)
I played the Night in the Woods related demo stories.
p356039-1-ry8yp2.gif

Longest Night
and
p356039-2-8h9xx.gif

Lost Constellation

Borrowed those images from the official page since I didn't think about taking a screenshot while playing...
I do love the art style... and can't wait to get NitW when it is released.

Also, while looking at NitW content, I ended up browsing itch.io, gamejolt and related sites and played a couple more free games...
p356039-3-6et15q.png

Her Tears Were My Light
^ That was a nice short story. Don't want to spoil anything... it's short and free, check it out if you're bored :]

Title song...

Lastly, I played "What if Adventure Time Was a 3d Anime Game"
... the game was just okay and optionally NSFW btw. Fair warning.

But the real treat, was this got me curious about the original show, which I never really watched... Ended up binge watching some this weekend xD Really creative show.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Been playing this... oh my fingers...

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have been playing...
p356134-0-reviewdeathroad750x420.jpg

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Played three games so far this year... All winners!
Cats, ponies, and angels! Beautiful
Hello Oneshot
p357151-0-201701131852141.jpg

It's one of those games where you want to know everything about it.

Pony Island - beautiful pony game
p357151-1-201701170310371.jpg

Took me by surprise. Played it in one sitting. Also a 4th wall breaking game.

Angels of Death
p357151-2-gameexe0120201715194223.png

It's dark... but compelling. I shed a single tear... (It's awesome too.)

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:53 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I've been playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Dragon Quest 8 for 3DS

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Heroes, Shantae, Hyrule Warriors, Spelunky HD, the EVO game (SNES), and, last but not least, the Freedom Planet 2 demo. I may be a bit overwhelmed.

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Replaying Red Faction Guerrilla for what must be my fourth or fifth time. I don't know why I love that game so much because the story is badly written, the driving mechanics are mediocre, and the enemies are all the same. I guess the destruction draws me in more than anything, as no game since then has had such a great physics/destruction system.

And Super Mario World on the Super Famicom, which I owned on the Wii VC back in the day but never completed. I got the Super Famicom for extremely cheap a couple months ago but I can't play any story based games because I don't read Japanese. Although I can take apart American SNES cassettes and put them in the reader I want to avoid any damage to them, so I'll eventually buy some empty Super Famicom cartridges so put them in. Even that is still somehow cheaper than buying a SNES instead.

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM
I've picked up a lot of stuff lately but mainly focusing some of my time into League of Legends and Getamped2. Though I've been meaning to pick up Pokemon Moon again to work on my competitive team!