Weapon Graphic Editing

May 26, 2008 at 9:04 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay, cool, thanks!

In the mean time, could I ask another question? I've noticed if you try adding an enemy from another area to a place it's not native to, the sprite glitches up. Is this unavoidable, or is there a way around it? :)

One more thing, the mod I'm working on ill be a sequel, but not just any sequel, a sequel to the BAD ending! I doubt that has been done yet! Should be interesting. :D

May 26, 2008 at 9:37 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Absolute Zer0 said:
Okay, cool, thanks!

In the mean time, could I ask another question? I've noticed if you try adding an enemy from another area to a place it's not native to, the sprite glitches up. Is this unavoidable, or is there a way around it? :)

One more thing, the mod I'm working on ill be a sequel, but not just any sequel, a sequel to the BAD ending! I doubt that has been done yet! Should be interesting. :D
The spritesheets are actually independent of the sprite's AI. When you select which spritesheet to use in the "settings" option of each map, you're only selecting which spritesheet. Therefore by editting/combining spritesheets (so long as the sprites remain in the same positions on the sheet) or changing the spritesheet, you can get different enemies.

There are two dropdowns for "NPCs," the first is (usually) for enemies, the second is (usually) for bosses.

May 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Lyger said:
The spritesheets are actually independent of the sprite's AI. When you select which spritesheet to use in the "settings" option of each map, you're only selecting which spritesheet. Therefore by editting/combining spritesheets (so long as the sprites remain in the same positions on the sheet) or changing the spritesheet, you can get different enemies.

There are two dropdowns for "NPCs," the first is (usually) for enemies, the second is (usually) for bosses.

Ah, thanks, that helps a lot! :)

EDIT: I did some more searching, and I found a topic on how to edit the EXE to allow the use of other images without needing to edit each individual PBM. So I've got that working now, so I don't need assistance anymore... Thanks anyway DragonBoots! :D

May 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
But but....

I made this awesome video...

DL teh vid

May 27, 2008 at 1:32 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Aw... That would've helped, but unfortunately I already have it figured out... Maybe it could go inside a pinned topic somewhere though, 'm sure other n00bs will find it useful. :)

May 27, 2008 at 3:22 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Absolute Zer0 said:
When I save the file, it doesn't show "(C)Pixel" in the hex editor by default, it shows blank characters. I've tried leaving it, adding (C)Pixel, and adding the same number of 00 characters as there are letter/symbols in "(C)Pixel", none of these worked for me. I do know how to use the HEX editor... Is there another (C)Pixel I'm not finding? I'm editing the one at the very end of the file. :)

Or you could just replace each character by a spacing in the text column. I made a tut on how to use Hex Edtior (XVI32) , if you search hard enough =P... I've also made a tut on sprite editing... =/

May 27, 2008 at 4:50 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Metalogz said:
Or you could just replace each character by a spacing in the text column. I made a tut on how to use Hex Edtior (XVI32) , if you search hard enough =P... I've also made a tut on sprite editing... =/

Thanks! Again though, I have it figured out now, I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me! My Mod is going pretty well now, so I'll reward you all by posting a demo soon. ^_^

May 27, 2008 at 4:52 AM
Absolute Zer0 said:
Thanks! Again though, I have it figured out now, I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me! My Mod is going pretty well now, so I'll reward you all by posting a demo soon. ^_^
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy !

May 27, 2008 at 4:57 AM
Nope.
I always look forward to new mods.
^_^_^

May 27, 2008 at 4:58 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ah, okay. I may post a screenshot or two tonight then, and a demo within the next week or so, depending on how busy I am during the next week. ^_^

May 27, 2008 at 5:01 AM
Happy happy joy joy!

May 27, 2008 at 6:43 AM
Luls
*rejoice*

(adds more characters to make this post 10 characters long)

May 27, 2008 at 7:07 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Some of what I've got so far:

p36733-0-33azzmt.png

p36733-1-2lx9unr.png

Nothing spectacular yet, but it's something. :p

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I'll just start a topic in "Mods" for it. :p

May 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM
Luls
Absolute Zer0 said:
Some of what I've got so far:

(There are 2 pictures here. I know you can't see them, IMAGE THEM!!!)

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I'll just start a topic in "Mods" for it. :p

Lol wanted to tell you that. Btw it would be more interesting if you story line was actually different =/...

May 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM
Wanna know a secret for modding with unexpected lulz?

If your character ever contacts the bottom of a ramp block, he's sent flying in the opposite direction of the ramp several block.

See if you can incorperate that somewhere?
(Call it a challenge~)

May 27, 2008 at 7:35 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Metalogz said:
Lol wanted to tell you that. Btw it would be more interesting if you story line was actually different =/...

It is different, I'm taking a lot of creative license with it, and adding on characters that weren't in the game. Also, while sequels aren't original, most of them take after the Good Ending, as the Normal Ending doesn't leave much room for a good sequel, and the bad ending involves the main character leaving... Ah, just read my topic, it's posted. :p

May 27, 2008 at 8:05 AM
lol, awesomness.

I feel...
Outmoded.