We still here

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Alright, well I got some more done. By the way, what I’m doing kind of gets tricky sometimes. I’m making sure certain things work properly by running tests. The only thing is, since this game is like a story, I’ll be really far into the story but then I’ll come across something that I’ve already passed. So now I realize that I’ll have to go back redo about a dozen or so that I’m not able to do right now.

For example: If you wanted to make sure the flute bird popped out of the windmill thing but you already have the bird activated, its really hard to test that now. You have to go back before you have activated the bird to see if it really works.

Here are some interesting glitches I’ve run across so far.

zeldaglitch2.jpg

Its funny it actually say “bug” in this glitch, look for it. Like the glitch is a bug in the game, get it.

zeldaglitch4.jpg

And I’d like to end with this. Yes, it is real text from Zelda.

zeldaglitch6.jpg

When is the last time you saw this message while playing Zelda 3? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this message before. Does anyone have clue to what it is? I swear there are so many things in this game to discover. Its like, if you thought you knew Zelda 3, think again.

Currently on 183 out of 255

Aug 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Ok, guys. My first day of school starts on this Monday. My goal is to finish this assignment by tomorrow, Sunday.

I'm just going to wake up and knock this thing out. By the way I’m not just doing a rush job on this. I’m actually taking my time to get this done as correctly as I can.

A lot of hours have gone into this, I’ve been working on this all week. This is not something that a person could just finish in a single day.

Right now I’m on 200 out of 255

I’m going to get the last 55 done then I’ll be going back to do the ones that I wasn’t able to do before. After that I’ll be looking over everything fine tuning and polishing the document up. I’ll be reading over all my work adding new important things and taking away unnecessary information.

I’m just going to bust my butt and get it done by tomorrow.

We will see how it goes!

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Well 255 out of 255 is completed!

But I got to go back and retest about 30 more sprites. These are sprites that I couldn't test before.

This should be done by tonight or by Monday moring.

And that should be it for right now.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Well, I think I’m pretty much done. Unless GM wants me to go back and change something, I’ll see what he has to say once I e-mail it to him. So I think I’m finished.

There were a few times when I had to retest certain things many times because I’d test it the first time and got a glitch. But to be sure it really was a glitch I would do another test in a fresh copy of the rom. I really had to do this because the information I’m collecting for GM is critical. I got to make sure what I’m giving him is really what’s happening.

All I got to do now is convert this file into an Excel file, yeah I actually did this in Word because I didn’t have Excel but GM wants it in Excel. So I’ll go to my school and copy and paste it in there. It should be simple but I want the text inside the cells to work in a certain way and I got to figure that out.

Anyway I hope to get this converted over to Excel and e-mailed to GM tomorrow.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
It's really nice to see such dedication from your side, Erockbrox! Always nice to see some kind of progress on the project.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I agree with Tompa, and congrats!

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Congrats indeed.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It warms my heart so see such great work ethic. Even if I'm still not 100% sure what you mean by redoing the sprites...

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Got it e-mailed to GM.

Sorry for not really going into detail about the assignment I worked on. I tested the functionally of just about every sprite in the game to see where and how GM can use them while designing the game. Not every sprite works everywhere, but to know where they do work I had to manually test them. GM has to have this knowledge of the game an order to plan out an adventure for Link.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Ah, well that sounds very helpful indeed

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I found the "Cataclysm's eve" quote. It's none other than the inscription on the Master Sword's pedestal.
p353754-0-zeldatriumph.png

If anyone was interested...

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:30 AM
Pirate Member
How interesting!

Sep 5, 2010 at 7:06 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Noxid, thanks for posting that. I can't believe I missed it. I guess I never read that message because I know its the master sword.

http://www.zeldacapital.com/comics.php

I just found this link to a website that scanned all the old Zelda comics. It's actually pretty cool. It adds so much more to the video game story. Maybe I might be able to find some monsters to draw more sprites from.

Sep 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I have to say, I thought that comic was pretty dang cool too (The LttP one, didnt read the others yet). Thanks for sharing :]

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I wanted to show this.

zelda009.jpg

I was going about reading the Zelda comic on that link I posted above and I saw a character that looked very familiar. Can anybody guess…..?

That’s right ever heard of Cyborg 009, yeah the artist that drew the Zelda comics I know drew that character after one of the Cyborg 009 characters. Just look at them both.

Funny thing is, that Zelda character only appears in only 1 frame before turning into a bird. So this is the only picture of him in his human form from what I’ve read so far.

Pretty funny.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hi everyone. I've been a visitor to this site since last year, but this is the first time that I've posted on the board.

Erockbrox, I was wondering if you know anything on GM's progress.

I haven't seen many updates since I started coming here. I know that he used to have 2 archives a year, but this year I've only seen 2 entries.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this project become a finished reality because LttP was my first and favorite Zelda game.

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:56 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
zaslo;104337 said:
Erockbrox, I was wondering if you know anything on GM's progress.

You'll have to ask the man himself on that one.

What I do know is this. GM has put tons of time and energy into this hack. Every project has its ups and downs we just have to take it one day at a time and see how it goes.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I myself have been having seriously long up and downs editing this game, it seems each year I stop hacking a few months or else it starts to be boring...

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Any news from anyone?

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Pirate Member
Why of course!