We still here

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
andwhyisit;98336 said:
One question:
Will this hack be for the european, american, or japanese version of Zelda 3?

Im hoping for an EU/USA hack that works on my SNES flash cart. Imagine playing this game on the original hardware. Would be epic!

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would pay good money for that.
Like maybe $60 if it was as good as it looks like it's going to be.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well I get hard copies of all of my roms, so after getting the US version cart a while back (I live in Australia, so we usually get the european versions) it would kinda suck if the hack was for the european or japanese version of the game.

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
He mentioned in his previous post that he isn't using the Japanese version. And it wouldn't make any sense to use the European version of the game, so you can be quite sure it is the US version.

Gamemakr: Note that only two of those glitches were Japanese only. So you could think through some of the design so you can't abuse one of the glitches to skip major parts in the game, or similar.
The shooting through blocks could be one of those, as well as bomb boosting to skip areas.

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
just signed up to say still here aswell been lurking for 5 years now will wait as long as it takes

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I have found something amazing... it is not Zelda related at all but it reminds me of Zelda dungeons... just see:

article

more pics

might inspire someone, you never know

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Cant wait for you to finish this new hack. Outlands quest was wonderful and i'm longing for the new Q4. Don't give up dude we are all rooting for you. Keep up the great work that you are doing. :D

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Is their any way of getting a wii WAD of this when its done? Just want to know.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xromz24;99615 said:
Is their any way of getting a wii WAD of this when its done? Just want to know.
No. You have to patch the rom and convert it to a wad file yourself.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Actually, once this is released, I planned on creating a new wad of this to be used on the Wii. I'll be changing all the images, and modifying the manual to coincide with this game and everything. I actually just did that with Zelda Challenge: Outlands. I've gotten rather skilled at injecting roms into wads. The only thing I can see preventing me from doing that would be the size of the rom. If it's too big, it won't fit into any existing SNES wad files, thus making it impossible to do. I've ran into that with other SNES roms I wanted injected, like The Second Reality Project Reloaded (SMW Hack) But yeah, if for some odd reason I don't notice when this gets released, just shoot me a PM, or find me at a possibility of 2 different websites, one being PureZC, and the other being Wiiso. I go under the name Angeal at both places, so looking me up wouldn't be so hard.

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Personally i wish nintendo would just buy up all the greatest zelda hacks, then release a nice DS cart with them all on there. that'd be quite the profit horse. Plus give reward to hackers that made amazing games. Granted nintendo would make out the biggest and only small sums go to the hackers for their works (if nintendo even payed them at all). but just knowing your work was out there as mainstream like that would be a good reward in that of itself. :).

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I am very glad to see the update and some new screens. I am very awestruck by the commitment of seeing a new Zelda. Great things come to those who wait, and though I can not help as I wish I could, my spirit is willing to give the boost and inspiration you need to succeed. :D

Carry on Warriors of Zelda!

::::::: (>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:33 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I’m writing here because I need help. In Hyrule Magic (HM) there are two different sprite lists. If I’m on the overworld map and I select the sprite box then right click on the map I get a list of sprites to choose from. But apparently if I go to file then properties it will bring up box with the option of Normal and Special. Apparently if I select Special I get to use the second list of sprites. Does anyone know how I can access the second list of sprites in HM because every time I try it, it does not work.

Thanks.

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Update:

I just want to let you guys know. GM gave me an assignment to work on and I’m capable of getting it done. I’ve already started and I’m picking it back up tonight. I plan on working on this pretty hard this up and coming week, hopefully getting it done. I still need to know how to access the 2nd and much shorter sprite list in HM but I’m going to be working around that for now. I’ll just fill in the holes after it gets figured out.

So anyway, that’s what I’m going to be doing.

Aug 16, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Thanks abcd888, I'll see if seph knows.

Here is my progress:

I'm on 17 out of 255

And I plan on doing a bunch today.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:14 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
A while back I had asked GM for an assignment to work on. Boy did I get one! I’m doing tests in Hyrule Magic and collecting needed information for GM.

I think I finally figured out the solution to my problem previously stated, so I’m happy. I think I got it all worked out.

I almost worked the whole day on this thing.

When GM took on the challenge of creating a fully complete and original Zelda3 hack he really took on a lot!

There is so much work that goes into this stuff, seriously.

Well right now I’m on 41 out of 255

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:51 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Currently on 87 out of 255

I'm still going to do a few more tonight.

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I wanted to post this picture.

zeldaform.jpg

I was working on GM’s assignment and I came across the bottle guy.

I want you to take a minute and read what he says.

“I’m all sold out of bottles. Come back later, OK?”

This is so funny because he tells you to come back, as if he would have more bottles to sell at a later time. But we all know that he never sells you another bottle period! It is so misleading.

He could have said “I only have one bottle to sell and here it is.” That would have been better.

I mean, what if were trying to buy something that is only made by a company who is going out of business. You try and buy the item but they say, “Come back later, OK?” Now what are you going to do? There is not going to be a later, they are going out of business for good.

And then he says, “I’m all sold out of bottles.” How can he be sold out of bottles when right next to him there are four bottles sitting on the same rug he is sitting on?

Anyways right now I’m on 138 out of 255

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:29 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hahaha! That cracked me up. Anyway. It's nice that you get to help with the project. Keep up the good work Erockbrox!