We almost froze

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

[04:27.32] <[SiN]trickybilly> Hi, back from holiday early. There is catastrophic snow situation in Serbia, we have left the car on the road and fled to avoid freezing.
[04:27.59] <[SiN]trickybilly> :(
[04:29.36] <[SiN]trickybilly> We have spent 16 hours in the car, cut from resouces, civilization and used all our fuel (read: heating)

<[SiN]trickybilly> No aid, no machines, no help, no nothing
<[SiN]trickybilly> We have left our car and luggage for the mercy of the snow and found a road and a bus that saved us
[04:37.56] <[SiN]trickybilly> Nobody cared about the people and the media lied for days saying that the roads are ok (but the snow was taller than human height) :(

[04:41.51] <[SiN]trickybilly> Bbiab... got to eat smt after all this

Sorry for the rough copy-pasted text above, but I am exhausted. We are all safe that's main. If any CS forum member lives in Europe, avoid Eastern Europe for some days

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
First off, I gotta say that face really is annoying (not saying you should change it, just feel the need to express my feelings and all) and Frieza was the most absolute boring part of Dragon Ball ever.

That being said it got cold enough here that our pipes froze and we had to shut off the water for like 4 or 5 days cause they broke from the cold.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Good lord. D:

I'm glad you're okay, trickybilly...this has to be one of the worst winters ever or something. Our mistakes as a species are catching up to us, it seems...

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:29 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
edward18 said:
First off, I gotta say that face really is annoying (not saying you should change it, just feel the need to express my feelings and all) and Frieza was the most absolute boring part of Dragon Ball ever.

That being said it got cold enough here that our pipes froze and we had to shut off the water for like 4 or 5 days cause they broke from the cold.
1. He used it twice, calm down
2. His avatar is from a DBZ parody called Dragonsball Peepee. Doesn't necessarily mean he likes freiza. Either way it's completely irrelevant to this situation -.- sheesh, show some sympathy.

I'm glad you're alright, trickybilly. I always complain about winter but I had no idea this was happening in eastern Europe. My thoughts go out to you. I hope this blows over soon somehow. Freezing to death is not fun.

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
1. He used it twice, calm down
Calm down from what? Just sayin'. See it everywhere.

2. His avatar is from a DBZ parody called Dragonsball Peepee.
I have never understood why that's so popular.

Either way it's completely irrelevant to this situation -.- sheesh, show some sympathy.
The second part of the post dealt with the actual topic.

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:58 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
So he allmost froze to death and your main problem is his choice of avatar?
...I really don't know what to say to that.

Glad you are safe Billy. I'm hoping you'll be able to get your car back soon and return home safely(assuming the bus didn't take you home), can't imagine how horrible that situation must have been.
If you want to, i can make a drawing for you or something. It's the least i can do.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Wow, that must have sucked a lot, thank god you didn't die...

Also, who cares about his profile icon?

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
And so everyone yells at me for making a comment. I think it'd go without saying that I'm sorry he had to go through that and gave my damn pipes freezing and us going without water for like half a week as contribution to this...

And since someone will still probably complain, I apologize.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Everyone is two people? Okay then.

Meanwhile, where I live, there's not even enough snow to go skiing on the mountains this year. Think we can take some of that cold winter back here?

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Random-storykeeper said:
Meanwhile, where I live, there's not even enough snow to go skiing on the mountains this year. Think we can take some of that cold winter back here?
You can have some of Chicago's too. :/

Obviously it's not quite as bad as it is in other parts of the world here, but it has gotten to like, -40F at times, when you count windchill...it seems we get cold spikes, and when we do they're bad.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
This winter has been the worst since several decades. :(

I feel really sorry for you, hope that things will get better soon in Eastern Europe, that's got to be pretty scary with it all going on.

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I'm glad you made it out in one piece! Getting chilly just thinking about it...
We're quite fragile in the face of nature

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah glad to hear you got out okay... I don't really have to deal with this kind of weather in/near Albuquerque (obviously).

. . . [04:37.56] <[SiN]trickybilly> Nobody cared about the people and the media lied for days saying that the roads are ok (but the snow was taller than human height) :( . . .
What? lied!? What do you mean they lied about the weather? wha~
Yeah glad to hear you got out okay... I don't really have to deal with this kind of weather in/near Albuquerque (obviously).

. . . [04:37.56] <[SiN]trickybilly> Nobody cared about the people and the media lied for days saying that the roads are ok (but the snow was taller than human height) :( . . .
What? lied!? What do you mean they lied about the weather? wha~

PS: Guys he didn't mean to be insensitive plz don't keep bringing up these dumb arguments in more posts kthx [/hypocrisy]

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:49 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
That was quite the bone-chilling post.
Oh, right...
Sorry, I'm being cold-hearted.
I need to stop this.
In all seriousness, I'm glad you're okay. I find it rather difficult to believe that the media didn't describe the weather as being lethal, though.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Ugghhh, must have been terrible.
It's been cold here, but nothing even close to what you had to endure. Seriously, that must have been terrible.
Also Connorses you kinda-sorta double posted there.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I read about this in the newspaper today. It felt a bit strange reading it here after that.
Over here the temperature was like, 12 C at the lowest, and we all felt like we were freezing to death. That's quite an experience you went through, I feel sorry.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Where I'm from, I'm used to extreme temperatures, but the media lying about deadly conditions like this is awful. Sure, I've walked to school in -50 Celcius before, but at least I knew how cold it was outside.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:31 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have it too easy living in Arizona (more exactly, Phoenix), where 60 degrees is considered freezing. I sure hope y'all make it out of the freezing temperatures okay by the time Spring comes.

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:20 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
60 F is like, my favorite temperature to be in D: You darn southern folk.

I'm used to pretty erratic weather and bad winters, living in New England and all. But I have a pretty bad cold tolerance so I give every excuse not to leave the house this time of year. It was -15 F the other week and just nope.

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in the UK without a single drop of snow...

Glad you came out of the situation alright though, I had no idea this sort of stuff was happening.
Actually, it's been abnormally warm this winter for us.