waste of time thread

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I thought you were only allowed to put at least 3-4 pictures per post, guess this is a cat thread now

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Also I am sick today and staying home from work.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
that's not even kind of a cat r u even trying m8

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
that's not even kind of a cat r u even trying m8
cats...?

oh... ok....

p172096-0-blackcat.jpg

p172096-1-communicationincats1300x252.jpg

p172096-2-smallcat.jpg

p172096-3-catscats33441086500375.jpg

diph.php

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
+1 for big the cat

p172097-0-flat550x550075f.jpg

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I seriously recoiled in shock when I saw Big the Cat. I really shouldn't have looked at the spoiler.

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
What kind of games you guys play with your cat?

My tomcat likes when I run around with a rope and he tries to catch the end of the rope. The other game we play is hide and seek. I hide behind one end of a corner (usually of our house) and the cat is coming from the other direction. I sometimes peek so he could see I am playing. When he reaches the corner he jumps out and runs afterwards or climbs a tree, etc..... Sometimes he is hiding and doing the same thing I did- peeking, half of his head sticking out @ the corner lol. When I reach the corner he jumps out and runs or climbs a tree.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
My cat's favourite game is "Lie on the bed", followed closely by "waddle to the food bowl". I don't think I've seen her do anything remotely active for years, just does not even care. Although I've been told that lately she's taken to occasionally standing at the open door and gazing into the Great Outdoors, even going so far as to step out of the safety of the home for a moment before being startled by anything remotely suspicious and darting back inside.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
The next time you go see her, you should try to get some video footage of her trying to go outside and share it. Zee actually doing something is clearly a rare sight to be gazed upon for all eternity.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This may be relevant. It is not me, though, just FYI.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
If it has cats, I think that makes it relevant.

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
every time I respond to this thread it's to nag you or to borrow something from you.

can I use Arthur's sprites from K;SS?

But on the flip side.

p172106-0-cutekitten6314.jpg

p172106-1-cutekitten63128.jpg

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Professional Whatever
Actually make shit, he needs those for his own super cool mod
I mean at least ask someone to make something for you, not to take things from other mods

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
MagicDoors said:
Actually make shit, he needs those for his own super cool mod
I mean at least ask someone to make something for you, not to take things from other mods
He's pretty much made the staple for what Aurther looks like you know.

And he's already given permission to fadionk to use him in Tokoro Story.

And to give you a little tip, Nox is more the capable of telling me what I can/can't borrow from his mod.

I *though* we were a group working together, not trying to necessarily be better then each-other by
forms of refrainment of content that would be beneficial to everyone.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
._.

Or maybe it's the simple fact that some mods ARE better than others, and there's nothing wrong with withholding your own created content if you feel you did well with it and don't want others using it.

And a "staple" of what he looks like? What, did we announce that Noxid's design is supreme canon or something? Maybe you like his design, maybe a bunch of other people like his design. But I don't believe it really counts as a "staple".

Look, being neighborly and all is good. People make art or transcribe music or just help out a good amount of the time. But believing that help to be mandatory or expected is wholly stupid. It destroys the whole thought behind favors in the first place. If someone refuses to give some art they made, or doesn't feel like spending time making an ORG for a mod they don't care about, just suck it up and keep trying yourself.

Now, Noxid's Arthur design isn't really copyrighted, nor do I believe he has any intention of copyrighting it. (Can he even do that?) In fact, I doubt he would mind that much about giving the sprite. But why not just attempt to make your own sprite Arthur first? Heck, why ask for a double resolution sprite if your mod is 1×?

Point is:yes, we're a group kinda. No, we're not necessarily working together. No, there's nothing wrong with trying to be better. And no, everyone is perfectly entitled to refrain from giving content that you made - not even for the benefit of everyone.

[/uselessrant]

And I'm sorry. But your last paragraph especially somewhat stabbed my mojo.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Polaris said:
._.

Or maybe it's the simple fact that some mods ARE better than others, and there's nothing wrong with withholding your own created content if you feel you did well with it and don't want others using it.

And a "staple" of what he looks like? What, did we announce that Noxid's design is supreme canon or something? Maybe you like his design, maybe a bunch of other people like his design. But I don't believe it really counts as a "staple".

Look, being neighborly and all is good. People make art or transcribe music or just help out a good amount of the time. But believing that help to be mandatory or expected is wholly stupid. It destroys the whole thought behind favors in the first place. If someone refuses to give some art they made, or doesn't feel like spending time making an ORG for a mod they don't care about, just suck it up and keep trying yourself.

Now, Noxid's Arthur design isn't really copyrighted, nor do I believe he has any intention of copyrighting it. (Can he even do that?) In fact, I doubt he would mind that much about giving the sprite. But why not just attempt to make your own sprite Arthur first? Heck, why ask for a double resolution sprite if your mod is 1×?

Point is:yes, we're a group kinda. No, we're not necessarily working together. No, there's nothing wrong with trying to be better. And no, everyone is perfectly entitled to refrain from giving content that you made - not even for the benefit of everyone.

[/uselessrant]

And I'm sorry. But your last paragraph especially somewhat stabbed my mojo.

If he was to say no, I would just suck it up and keep moving. and make my own.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with him with-holding it from me.

I understand that if someone doesn't want to share their work, they don't have to.

If they want their content to be exclusive to their own mods, I'm cool with that.

I meant by working together the stuff like Noxid's open source mods, <VAR's and <MIM's and BL and CE and the Doukustu assembler ect. ect. ect.

I've got a lot of stuff new stuff in my hack as well, like moving chains, two new orgs, and the <TXC, <TXS and the <FPS commands that are yet to be seen. I'm not just a guy that's lazy, you just get to see the negative side of things because a lot of my new stuff is un-released as of now.

Suu No Monogatari 0.2.0 is going to look professional, that's why I haven't got around to a release yet.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Have you ever tried a brekkie or a vegemite? I recently read about foods from around the world and it came upon this one. Sorry for this being out of the blue.