Was Nicalis a mistake for Pixel?

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:02 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I might be beating a dead horse here but as I said before I don't really get hyped for new CS ports mostly because I don't feel like paying for mostly the same gameplay, especially not for four times the price of a port I already own.

I mean hey, Nicalis could have possibly looked at SEGA's business model and said: Hey, a lot of people own multiple copies of Sonic 1, why not have our customers do the same with Cave Story?

So, I don't blame you.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:08 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Sep 1, 2019 at 1:08 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Care to explain? When it comes to SEGA's stuff i kinda live under a rock.
So, SEGA likes to re-release and port Sonic the Hedgehog 1 very often. Most people I know of that like Sonic have like 15 different copies of it, all on separate platforms and/or in different Classic SEGA collections.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:43 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nicalis could have possibly looked at SEGA's business model and said: Hey, a lot of people own multiple copies of Sonic 1, why not have our customers do the same with Cave Story?
The only flaw I can see in this is besides when it comes to what specific platform can be considered as bad (Wii port *cough*, eShop port *cough*), there isn't really much of a variation on Cave Story ports. I shouldn't exactly say the Master System/Game Gear ports of Sonic 1 are the same as the Genesis port, but they do differ by a lot. And that case can try comparing to the Mega Man games on the NES/Game Boy, except the Game Boy games are named as Mega Man World 1-5, making them completely different from Mega Man 1-5 (stardroids, anyone?). This whole case is just weird.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 3:56 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The only flaw I can see in this is besides when it comes to what specific platform can be considered as bad (Wii port *cough*, eShop port *cough*), there isn't really much of a variation on Cave Story ports. I shouldn't exactly say the Master System/Game Gear ports of Sonic 1 are the same as the Genesis port, but they do differ by a lot. And that case can try comparing to the Mega Man games on the NES/Game Boy, except the Game Boy games are named as Mega Man World 1-5, making them completely different from Mega Man 1-5 (stardroids, anyone?). This whole case is just weird.

I guess that's a fair point. Although, I was only joking when I said that.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 5:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
because I don't feel like paying for mostly the same gameplay

That kinda is how I felt about the original after playing the Wii version for so long (well, not the paying part of course)