Wander Wonder Widescreen Wallpaper

Apr 26, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I'm sure many of you have never played nor heard of this game before, but it's damn awesome, similar to Alundra, Zelda, Ys and Diablo.

Anyhow, I wanted to share a widescreen wallpaper for it based on the cover art for it. : )

Wander Wonder WS Wallpaper 1680 x 1050

-Thomas

May 1, 2009 at 7:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Must be more related to Ys. Anyone notice a resemblance to Adol? :D

EDIT: Whoops! I didn't notice the extra hair at the back. :o

Anyway I can't say I have heard of this. Then again I dropped out of PC gaming over a year ago.

May 2, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
It's a really rare game that is pretty impossible to find now aside from an ISO that is floating around on the net. I managed to get a retail copy of the game from a seller who was selling pieces of his awesome Japanese PC game collection. It's one of Compile's last games that they released before disbanding the company.

And no it's definitely more like Zelda and Alundra if you had to pick a primary game series to compare it to.

-Thomas

May 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I played this a long time ago, and while I found it fun I didn't really find any replay value in it so I gave it away.

Looking back on it I wished I kept it, just like Beyond the Beyond. Of course I can always get my friend to give them back to me if I wanted too. haha

May 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
That's pretty cool to hear Sera. : ) And yeah, it's a pretty rare game nowadays, so if you can get it back, you might want to.

Gamefaqs didn't even have it listed as a game there so I added it along with the box art and several screenshots in case anyone is interested:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/image/959707.html

-Thomas

May 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That looks fantastic! I must admit, I still can't get After Devil Force to run on any of my PCs :/ All of the other games work fine though, and are well worth playing if you're an SRPG fan.

May 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, really Kimimi? Wasn't one of the games that came with the set a PC-88 or 98 game? It may be that the game itself was meant to be played on real hardware, but you might be able to get it to work with a PC-88 or PC-98 emulator.

I'm about to try and install a few floppy drives in my computer for the purpose of using an emu to play the original disks for Xanadu soon.

-Thomas

May 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's the one! Oddly enough, I can get the PC-98 games to run perfectly, but the main game (a Windows 95/98 compatible one) gives me the same error message no matter what compatibility options I choose. It's a strange one, I've never had a problem like that before.

Good luck with those floppy drives! I think I'd be too scared to use real discs these days :S

May 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
SkyeWelse;54866 said:
I'm about to try and install a few floppy drives in my computer for the purpose of using an emu to play the original disks for Xanadu soon.

-Thomas

Am I the last human being to consider floppy disks a viable format?

May 6, 2009 at 6:42 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well for storage space... yeah. Definitely. : P I mean, sure back in the day I used to store stuff on floppys all the time, but nowadays, you'd be lucky if you could fit an mp3 on two or three of them. : )

Still, it'd be great if I could get some of these old Xanadu games to work via an emulator or something. I'm hoping that the emulator will read the disk in the floppy drive rather than from a rom file.

-Thomas