• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

VVVVVV Review (Kind of)

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Dec 16, 2017 at 2:02 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
After playing throug VVVVVV on steam, I would give it a solid rating of 7/10.
It has great music, really matches the games 80s feeling theme.
It has great hard level design, especially for a rage game.
The challenges the game brings are great. Still working on that no-death mode.
Anyone else played it? I recommend it. It doesn't require that demanding specs for a PC anyways.
Plus, it's also on Nintendo Switch, PS4, 3DS, And iOS/Android.
Still recommend steam version :p

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:02 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Dec 16, 2017 at 7:29 AM
Best elf
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
VVVVVV was hard, but as what RareBeeph said, I wouldn't really call this game a rage game. Hell, despite its difficulty, I wouldn't even consider it being Nintendo hard.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i agree with tlink and rarebeeph, it's hard, but literally once i completed it in one sitting at school

also i used to be super into the custom levels community and even made a review show for levels

which uh....

kinda ended in a little fiasco but still

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:54 AM
My dude, you don't seem to have played many true rage games based on this statement.
True. Haven't played many.
VVVVVV was hard, but as what RareBeeph said, I wouldn't really call this game a rage game. Hell, despite its difficulty, I wouldn't even consider it being Nintendo hard.
You have a good point there.
i agree with tlink and rarebeeph, it's hard, but literally once i completed it in one sitting at school

also i used to be super into the custom levels community and even made a review show for levels

which uh....

kinda ended in a little fiasco but still
I mostly play it when I'm bored. Just working on beating No-Death mode by this point.

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you want to play VVVVVV and a rage game at the same time, try some of the Player Levels. Those are "fun".

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:49 PM
If you want to play VVVVVV and a rage game at the same time, try some of the Player Levels. Those are "fun".
Yeah. Those player levels SURE are some fun, huhu!