Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hello.
There is an application called Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard here. You can make songs with it with several different instruments like piano, guitar, music box, xylophone, etc.
I thought about making a Music Box cover of some Cave Story song, since currently Pulse is the only song with such a cover, and I like Music Box covers. But I am completely new to playing musical instruments, and this is the first ever time in my life I've ever tried. So I tried making one of Access here. That was my best try, and I think it's okay for someone new to this.

Now, coming to the point, I'd like to see more people making Cave Story music with this application! It might be fun!

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I use VMPK a lot, but as a midi controller, with Reason. You can get a lot of more sounds with a DAW or VST, like Ableton, Massive, or FL Studio.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I tried making a list of keys to be pressed for playing Ikachan's theme, because it was a fairly simple song. On default keyboard configuration, this was what I got:

WTYT WTYT WTYT WTYT ME5E ME5E WQBN MMQMNBNWW EET5EWM
NMQQMNBNWWW NMQQMNBWBGBN MMQMNBNEW EET5EWM
NMQQMNBNWWW NMQQMNBWBGB
TYUUU TYUYY TTTYTUYTY TTTYTYU YT TTTYTUYOI OIUT OIU5
UUUIUYTUY TTYT TTYT TTYTYUYTY

I tried my best to approximate from listening, so please point out any mistakes in it. I already played it out and recorded my playing here.
I also tried for Mimiga Village and Outer Wall, but I couldn't complete them, they were hard.
That's all I have to say for now. Bye!

EDIT: I tried Seal Chamber. Is this right?

QW3W3R3W T3WR3W3W QW3W3R3W T3WR3W3W MQWMR3W3W
QMWQMQW MQWMR3W3W QMWQMQW

I've practiced it quite a bit, but haven't recorded it yet. I also decided 'Carillon' is the right instrument for this.
(Also note that I group the notes together in intuitive bunches and I play the rests from memory.)