video game+

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:20 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Too bad that's illegal.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:10 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Maybe if they did the same thing they do with Cave Story Plus mods. It would take an overly extensive knowledge of hacking though and will never happen.

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Camero said:
Maybe if they did the same thing they do with Cave Story Plus mods. It would take an overly extensive knowledge of hacking though and will never happen.
And is against the forum rules.

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It makes no sense that CS3DS eShop modding would be illegal. It has freeware assets...

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
PhantopCS said:
It makes no sense that CS3DS eShop modding would be illegal. It has freeware assets...
it's nicalis' property
we're allowed to mod freeware because it's not nicalis' property and we wouldn't be in turn distributing assets that we don't have the right to distribute
but the other ports (except CS+) are completely their property and we can't distribute them or any modifications

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
F_Deity_Link said:
it's nicalis' property
we're allowed to mod freeware because it's not nicalis' property and we wouldn't be in turn distributing assets that we don't have the right to distribute
but the other ports (except CS+) are completely their property and we can't distribute them or any modifications
That makes me wonder, what if the mod's format was a patch?

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Veteran Member
It would still be illegal because the eshop port is completly Nicalis's and Nintendo's property. Even a patch would be illegal.

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:23 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Since videos are now required for the High Score, I made one beating X-Cal's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBcRv7NoSFw

Unfortunately a little worse than my best time, but if someone can beat this time with a video I can probably try again and shave off a second.

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM
The Preacher
p205407-0-2f4162878a.png

teaser trailer for the next video game record

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
it's nicalis' property
Actually it's more the fact that modding any console or handheld port of CS promotes piracy. I mean be honest. Only a small percentage of those who use the patch will have owned the game, and an even smaller almost non-existent group of will have actually dumped the game themselves. They just want to play your mod.

CS+ is different because it encourages modding and has openly available assets. You don't have to go through stupidly complex loopholes, give up, and then pirate the game to make it work.

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I like your use of the Cave Story 3D weapon sprites

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Since videos are now required for the High Score, I made one beating X-Cal's time.

Unfortunately a little worse than my best time, but if someone can beat this time with a video I can probably try again and shave off a second.
I've added your time. Sorry it took so long. I was preoccupied by the XF migration.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
didn't need to use mega for this

just use dropbox

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I apologize for the bump, but there's a lot of good songs in this mod. I know that at least some of them are ORGMaker version of songs from other media, but I've only been able to gather two originals by far, both on complete accident. Specifically, the song in the cave at the beginning is Hate You from Homestuck Vol. 9, and the song in Space? is Galaxy Man's theme from Megaman 9. (Oh hey, they're both 9s.) There might already be one that I haven't found, but I would like a list of which song in this mod is which song from whatever it's from.

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:22 PM
War criminal
I apologize for the bump, but there's a lot of good songs in this mod. I know that at least some of them are ORGMaker version of songs from other media, but I've only been able to gather two originals by far, both on complete accident. Specifically, the song in the cave at the beginning is Hate You from Homestuck Vol. 9, and the song in Space? is Galaxy Man's theme from Megaman 9. (Oh hey, they're both 9s.) There might already be one that I haven't found, but I would like a list of which song in this mod is which song from whatever it's from.
cave story by Safusaka (Original)
Paw Print Paradise by Doors (Homestuck)
Accessing by Safusaka (Cave Story, remix of Access)
Galaxy Man by Tpcool (Mega Man 9)
Ambience by Safusaka (Original)
Mt. Dedede by VinylCheese (Kirby's Dreamland)
STAGE SELECT by Tpcool (Mega Man 8)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 2:43 AM
scrungy
Hey there. It's been quite a while, hasn't it?
When I first released video game back in 2015, I planned to add periodic updates to it that would introduce more content. As you can see, that didn't happen.

With the release of something I've wanted for years, Clownacy's Graphics Enhancement hack, a sudden burst of motivation struck me and I've been working on and off on this update for a while.

Now, I present to you:
video game 2.0

(EDIT: Version 2.1 released to address an issue in Hard Mode where the game refused to end)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 4:32 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh my god it's guide frog

thank you

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:41 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
hmm is this strictly an HD remaster? I thought I saw a new area in the trailer but never got to it.... I just casually got a 1:33:1. But the new graphics are pretty good.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:52 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Wander around in space for a while.
You may find it helpful.