The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.
If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Woah! Didn't expect this to happen. I remember fondly liking the original mod and a 2x version with more content sounds awesome. Just the concept of a small CS mod constantly updating to add more content is kinda awesome, and I hope to see that fufilled. GG Aar, no re. I'll try this out in the meantime.
Played through the game and this is what I think:
For the most part of the beginning, it's really the same thing with some added polish. One thing I noticed is that the screen boundary teleport in the grassy area [forgot what it was called] still activates at the 4:3 boundaries instead of the 16:9 boundaries. Either this is a mistake or it's for speedrun purposes, I don't know. It just looks hella weird. Finding the Shotgun threw me for a loop as I was not expecting it at all. Another good thing is that the Fireball Boss Skip still works so I was able to get through the first boss quickly. I didn't expect the floor to drop though.
I like the shotgun jump mechanic. It took me a while to figure out but I put two and two together and figured it out. The last thing I did before writing this section was get the Spur. Holy oh my god yes, the fucking Spur. Thank the heavens. It was a little hard getting it, but a tip for others also having trouble: What I did was stand in front of the statue, jump, immediately start aiming down, and as I went up I spammed the everloving shit out of the Shotgun. It should give you just enough height to land on the ledge with the Spur chest.
Now from this point on, I'm writing this live as I play.
An ominous door. Let's see where this leads, shall we?
Oh. It leads to a room with those white annoying dipshits. Great.
Nevermind, they're easy to take down with the Spur.
Chest? Chest. Let's Shotgun jump up there and-
OH MY GOD YES.
(And it's the 2.0. DOUBLE OH MY GOD YES.)
Oh hey, a normal day in the United Kingdom. (Because wind. Ha, funny joke. Cough.)
I like how you can see the previous areas in the background. Nice touch.
AND UP WE GOOOOO.
Oooh it's ominous. It's ominous in here.
OH MY GOD I BEAT HIM. I BEAT FUCKIN BALLOS WITH A SPUR AND LIKE 14 HP WHAT THE FUCK AAR
I refuse to jump in that hole. If it's a secret, it's a secret. If it's a pit of doom, I will die. And I refuse to do Ballos again-
Oh it's required. Okay then.
In we go then.
Wait, am I back at the original ending door?
Yup. Beat the main game without a single death. GG Aar. Maybe re. I don't know.
Well that was pretty good! I look forward to any updates should you make any.
Version 2.2 has been released. The most notable changes are listed here:
- Hard Mode now ends correctly
- Windier Cove has been optimized, entities decreased
- Removed some more unused Cave Story assets, reducing file sizes
- Reduced "head bonk" particle size
- Updated Booster particles
- Updated blood particles
- Updated "large explosion" sprites
- Updated Cas' upward-facing sprites
- Made it easier to get to the chest in Unfamiliar Outskirts
First of all, to be honest, I completely unexpected the Spur area to be reachable without the Booster. I've made it easier to reach, in order to save on time for speedruns. Thank you again!
I intended video game deluxe's Time Attack mode to be identical to video game's, which is why the Overgrown Area's transitions still act like the 4:3 variant. I changed a few tile properties, however, so this should have been changed for the final release. Unfortunately, it is now too late to change with the game being released.
Ohhey, videogame got updated.
Ohhey, there's a Hard Mode now.
I like how Hard Mode makes you play carefully while simultaneously trying to go as fast as possible. A nice balance. The new content to the first playthrough was neat, too, though the new boss was a piece of cake thanks to the second hidden weapon.
Version 2.3 has been released. The most notable changes are listed here:
- Added FamiTracker soundtrack, transcribed by TLinkan
- Can be disabled by removing "ogg_music" from mods\mods.txt
- Added Clownacy's OGG Player (v1.2) to play the Famitracks
- Updated Clownacy's mods and mod loader:
- Borderless Fullscreen is now available
- More controllers should now be supported
- Character sprites updated:
- Jenn (new sprites by JonSpider)
- Aar (new sprites by JonSpider)
- Terri (new sprites by TLinkan)
- Improved the look of the house in Overgrown Area
- Minor graphical improvements made in Unfamiliar Outskirts
- Improved some HUD graphics (Timer, Air, Quit, etc)
- Fixed a case where players had no health in Hard Mode
- Improved the look of the floor in the Challenge Mode room
- Made spikes more visible in all areas using PrtOside
- Changed the Spur's Whimsical Star colors to match the Spur
- Shotgun's ammo now refills when entering Unfamiliar Outskirts
- Fixed the Veteran's Medal antialiasing conflicts
- Updated Challenge Mode icon styles to be more consistent
- Made fade transitions look cleaner
- Completely redid all bkMoon variants
- Changed victory text