Valastos (Deluxe)

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
mook.png

A NEW DEMO IS IN THE WORKS!

Ah, so comes the time for me to actually make a thread about my Cave Story mod.

So about sometime in 2015 or 2016 I entered mod-con, and came up with the game called Valastos. It was rushed and unfinished. I actually didn't mean to submit it but things happened and it did get out. So today I will rectify this mistake and announce that I will finish this mod. Yay me.

So what am I going to do for this new mod? Well, I'm going to add about three new zones. One is going to be a desert, one of them a mountain top, and one of them a deep underground lava area. Then I plan to add a few more weapons. The mod is probably going to be about 6 to 10 hours of playtime. Also I have a bit of retexturing to do for the old sprites cause I'm a lot better at pixel art now.

Oh yeah, if you want the link to the original version that was released in Modcon 2016, I will put a link here; Click here

I will probably be releasing demos like once every other month. I'll be posting screenshots here

desert.png
jungle.png
temple.png
hub.png

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 8:02 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's from Modcon 2016, actually. I think this is pretty cool that you're going to go back into this mod after a long time! Can't wait to see any improvements, changes in gameplay, or even changes in story since it's been nearly 3 years!

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Oh hey that's been a while, love to see how this'll turn out, I remember it not being too bad when I played it in '16 so I'm sure this'll turn out pretty good.
Seeing this also starts to make me feel nostalgic for that time So I guess I have to make that Metronari 2 after all :chin:.

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:00 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
valastoes???? ive never played this.
i should play this.

May 13, 2019 at 10:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Update: I am taking a hiatus until I finish my school on the 31 of may. A demo should come out in a month or something. Dunno yet.

May 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
dang i wish my school system made sense and actually ended school at some kind of even point in the month

May 22, 2019 at 12:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
This mod looks rather promising. I will definitely play it when it's finished.