• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

• I've had it made known to me that for about a week now people haven't been able to finish registering or receive email notifications. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been, particulary for our newest members. Unfortunately our site owner is away at the moment and he most likely won't be able to do anything about it for another week or so. Until then, anyone who wants their account manually verified can contact me via their method of preference and I'll sort it for them myself. Thanks to everyone for their patience regarding this issue. -DoubleThink

• Emails should hopefully be fixed, please let us know if they're working properly now.

Valastos (Deluxe)

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Mar 13, 2019 at 3:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

A NEW DEMO IS IN THE WORKS!

Ah, so comes the time for me to actually make a thread about my Cave Story mod.

So about sometime in 2015 or 2016 I entered mod-con, and came up with the game called Valastos. It was rushed and unfinished. I actually didn't mean to submit it but things happened and it did get out. So today I will rectify this mistake and announce that I will finish this mod. Yay me.

So what am I going to do for this new mod? Well, I'm going to add about three new zones. One is going to be a desert, one of them a mountain top, and one of them a deep underground lava area. Then I plan to add a few more weapons. The mod is probably going to be about 6 to 10 hours of playtime. Also I have a bit of retexturing to do for the old sprites cause I'm a lot better at pixel art now.

Oh yeah, if you want the link to the original version that was released in Modcon 2016, I will put a link here; Click here

I will probably be releasing demos like once every other month. I'll be posting screenshots here

desert.png
jungle.png
temple.png
hub.png

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 8:02 PM
Serri Online
Best idol
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's from Modcon 2016, actually. I think this is pretty cool that you're going to go back into this mod after a long time! Can't wait to see any improvements, changes in gameplay, or even changes in story since it's been nearly 3 years!

Mar 14, 2019 at 2:40 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm really hoping that it will turn out well. I'm gonna sink some time into this sucka'. It really needs justice.

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM
Sleepyhead
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Oh hey that's been a while, love to see how this'll turn out, I remember it not being too bad when I played it in '16 so I'm sure this'll turn out pretty good.
Seeing this also starts to make me feel nostalgic for that time So I guess I have to make that Metronari 2 after all :chin:.

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:32 PM
I updated the main post with a new screenshot, the new logo, and approximate demo release date.

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
valastoes???? ive never played this.
i should play this.

May 13, 2019 at 10:38 PM
Update: I am taking a hiatus until I finish my school on the 31 of may. A demo should come out in a month or something. Dunno yet.

May 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
dang i wish my school system made sense and actually ended school at some kind of even point in the month

May 22, 2019 at 12:22 PM
This mod looks rather promising. I will definitely play it when it's finished.