Unused content general discussion.

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nov 18, 2019 at 10:46 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So Puu Black would have been the main villain? Hmm, food for thought.
No, just Puu. Puu Black was also in the beta, but he was yet another scrubbing session in that soaprun of a game.

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:01 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Report user
Reason : Bad puns

I honestly think having a consistent villain that you encounter in nearly every area (think Eggman) is a good idea and helps you get more attached to them as a character.
I'm glad Pixel kinda stuck with that idea in the final version, though I wish we had more interactions with Balrog after the Labyrinth.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:26 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If you ask me, there was probably a balrog encounter in wind fortress, keeping baldly relevant instead of just cameoing in the good end

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If you ask me, there was probably a balrog encounter in wind fortress, keeping baldly relevant instead of just cameoing in the good end
Hmm, does the Wind Fortress exist in freeware Cave Story? And if so, did somebody add a Balrog encounter there?

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:47 PM
War criminal
Hmm, does the Wind Fortress exist in freeware Cave Story? And if so, did somebody add a Balrog encounter there?
There are no traces of there being a wind fortress anywhere in Vanilla. The wind fortress in the Nicalis ports isn't even the original stage.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:49 PM
There are no traces of there being a wind fortress anywhere in Vanilla. The wind fortress in the Nicalis ports isn't even the original stage.
Ah, I see. I still think it's harder than Bloodstained Sanctuary. Then again, what was the original Wind Fortress like, if it ever existed?

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I was sayjng, wind fortress would probably be near the outer wall, so baldly could fill th gap as a boss.
And the music track for some fortress one with the freeware version.

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:45 PM
Based Member
There was a part of me that was curious as to what Pixel originally had in mind for that line by Momorin: "What I need right now is a Booster. Now, who would have one of those..." I guess the original plan had one or more possible routes in which you reached Momorin without the booster, and had to go off and get it from Professor Booster. Wonder what his status would have been at that juncture...

Amused by this, I decided to incorporate that event in with my fourth ending mod and have that an actual spoken line as a part of that path. And of course, that stray event in the script sure ended up being a useful tool in making it look like the fourth ending was real when I posted my follow-up video telling people to open up Cave Editor and look at the script. Good times.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:38 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I saw the video. (I wish end 4 was real, king and toroko are my favorite characters)

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:53 AM
War criminal
You'll love the 4.13 ending, then ;3c

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"