Unused Button graphics

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, these are old ass news, but after my quick search I think no one has mentioned them yet, so I figured it's okay to post.
These graphics were found in switch version of Cave Story+, and show button images for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U and Switch itself, obviously. Switch ones are used on the title screen, in case you changed controls, but other console's remain unused.
Was Cave Story+ for nintendo switch planned to be a major re release for several platforms? Today multiplatform games can have almost unchanged code for each console, so it is possible.
Cave_Story_Switch_Buttons.png

P.S. Everything's taken from TCRF

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Are you sure that these graphics are exclusively used for cs? I feel like some of these buttons wouldn't even be relevant to the game to begin with and makes me wonder if this isn't just some sheet to be used for multiple project.
Though I could just be really wrong on that.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I believe cave story for switch uses a custom engine, so there's wouldn't be any need to fit the standart? They're might be from a different game but that's easy to check. There's isn't a lot of retro styled games for all platforms, including wii U, after all.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:44 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Maybe my idea for why there's multi plat controller icons are either ports or a universal sheet used for some of Nicalis games idk