Undertale

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
All he's trying to say is that there are people that would just go looking through the game's files, even if they only find the music. Sure, it's a really stupid thing to do that's guaranteed to result in spoilers of at least some proportion, but there are people that would still do that.

and btw this is a really pointless 'argument' (if I can call it that...)

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You have to do a kill-only run, that is, you have to kill everything
Oh right, thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna do a brutal killing spree run... So many secrets in this game, and it's just a demo!

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
MrLog said:
All he's trying to say is that there are people that would just go looking through the game's files, even if they only find the music. Sure, it's a really stupid thing to do that's guaranteed to result in spoilers of at least some proportion, but there are people that would still do that.

and btw this is a really pointless 'argument' (if I can call it that...)
I get that, I'm just saying it's a great way to spoil the game for yourself, and that I would generally advise against it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's so temmmmpting though :(

I've learned my lesson in that regard, at least. And there are so many spoilers in this thread and it's difficult not to open any for me, especially since I likely won't get a chance to play the demo for quite a while. Some people are naturally inclined towards spoiling something for themselves, but it is better if you manage to play something blind.

There is at least one instance where you can pretty much open script files before even starting the game - Cave Story mods made with Booster's Lab have that "ScriptSource" thing, and should the modder not remove them you can just look through them. They're usually minor spoilers, but they're there. Of course, I doubt there are many other games that have that sort of info easily openable.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Personally, if I make a game, I'm going to obfuscate all of the game's data files, just because of this.

And yeah most games normally do a good job of compiling their resources into formats that are not that easy to read and/or extract even, sometimes.

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm guessing it will probably release early next year, but I'm certainly interested!

I'll be playing just for the dating sequence :debug:

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I am definitely someone interested. Very much looking forward to this game's release!

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
43501 said:
This is kind of a misleading statement since it makes it sound like it could be released by the end of this year, when really the update post says that he hopes to have a playable draft done by the end of the year and that after that there's still a lot of work left to be done. So I think the most optimistic you could be about the release date would be maybe early 2015.

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:58 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Aug 23, 2015 at 8:36 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Interesting... I played the demo and I will definently buy the game.

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:34 PM
Two things. ORG transcriptions. They might be a bit off because I have difficulty transcribing by ear:

Flowey's Theme
Ruins Theme

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Two things. ORG transcriptions. They might be a bit off because I have difficulty transcribing by ear:

Flowey's Theme
Ruins Theme

A few of your notes are off in Flowey's Theme, so I whipped this up in 15 mins or so to show you how it should go: http://www.axebunny.com/zips/YourBestFriend.org

Your ruin theme also has a few off in various spots, but not too bad if you're just learning how to transcribe by ear. I don't really have the time to fix/do this one myself right now.

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:07 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Sep 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Another ORG. I tried my best, but this one was slightly harder.

Once Upon a Time

A few of your notes are off in Flowey's Theme, so I whipped this up in 15 mins or so to show you how it should go: http://www.axebunny.com/zips/YourBestFriend.org

Your ruin theme also has a few off in various spots, but not too bad if you're just learning how to transcribe by ear. I don't really have the time to fix/do this one myself right now.

My apologies for not responding to this.

I fixed the notes, but I'm too lazy to go back and but it in 4/8 time signature. How do you think I did on "Once Upon a Time"? (BTW I'm probably just going to leave Ruins as it is, it sounds close enough.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
First 3 notes should be C, C+1octave, G, not C, C+1octave, A. Also, all of the tracks should have their base frequency changed from 1000 to 1500, since toby has the song detuned half a step up (some artists will do this sometimes).

And everything from 8 onwards just sounds really really off, I'll need some time to fix this.

Edit: Bar 16 onwards sounds okay.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2015 at 1:25 AM
First 3 notes should be C, C+1octave, G, not C, C+1octave, A. Also, all of the tracks should have their base frequency changed from 1000 to 1500, since toby has the song detuned half a step up (some artists will do this sometimes).

And everything from 8 onwards just sounds really really off, I'll need some time to fix this.

Edit: Bar 16 onwards sounds okay.

Well, it appears the "transcribe by ear" experiment has failed. :critter: