Undertale

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:31 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
(Warning, spoiler, if the spoiler tags weren't clear enough for you.)

After

killing Toriel,

if you go back to the kitchen, this message box can be seen:

p181441-0-pyz0u1y.png

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh my everloving fuck

Also try mercying toriel until she stops attacking and the music ends, then attack her instead of continuing to mercying her
Fun things happen
fuck i need to draw this girl now
how to goatsheepmonster anatomy

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh wow this game.
Restart the game, but kill everything you encounter. Then kill Toriel at the end. Fuuuuun things happen.

Edit: Better yet, just try to farm enemies to max out your level at the beginning. For as long as you can, anyways.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@Gira:

Check your help file after doing what you just spoilered.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM
"Huzzah!"
Also try this...

If you kill Toriel the first run through the game, Flowey will berate you for flat-out murdering her (help file changes). If you restart your save before your battle with Toriel and end up sparing her, Flowey will scold you for being guilty for killing Toriel and restarting your save.

Also, this happens...

If you try finding Toriel again after you spare her, she mysteriously disappears and she won't answer her cell phone.
Weird, where did she go?

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:56 PM
jj4226 said:
Also, this happens...

If you try finding Toriel again after you spare her, she mysteriously disappears and she won't answer her cell phone.
Weird, where did she go?
To the very first room of the game, where you started.

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Another fun thing to do is dodge all of his bullets friendship pellets at the very start of the game.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
the third time restarting the game flowery says "don't you have anything better to do?"

what a jerk

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Judging by the loading icon I think it's game maker or a similar dev software.

It would be way more trouble than its worth to do something like this in RMVXa. Trust me, I can actually read and edit most of the Ruby code, and you'd have to reprogram it from scratch if you wanted to do something like this. Not worth it.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I love this game.

Although, the very first place at the start confused me a lot... and I nearly cried
over what flowey said to me
when I finished it for the second time.
although I have yet to see what happens if you spare Toriel...

I really want the full game to be released now so I can go cry some more...

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:30 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
PolarStarGames said:
(Warning, spoiler, if the spoiler tags weren't clear enough for you.)

After

killing Toriel,

if you go back to the kitchen, this message box can be seen:

p181441-0-pyz0u1y.png
p181452-1-2142317272.jpg

Swiftly filed under "even more creepy shit about this really short game I never managed to find or notice".

I'm starting to see where/how the urban legends for this game (that there's an actual knife object you can obtain) come from.

ZarroTsu said:
Another fun thing to do is dodge all of his bullets friendship pellets at the very start of the game.
Gonna be honest, this is one of my favorite things about the demo and I literally laughed aloud the first time I did it.

Another neat easter egg for people: The music that the start menu switches to after the worst possible ending (kill everything) can't be found in the game's audio files.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM
43501 said:
I'm starting to see where/how the urban legends for this game (that there's an actual knife object you can obtain) come from.
Below Toriel's Home, if you keep going to the right on the path that leads you there, there's a door that leads you to an area with a knife on the ground. It's an equippable weapon.

43501 said:
Another neat easter egg for people: The music that the start menu switches to after the worst possible ending (kill everything) can't be found in the game's audio files.
That's probably because alot of the songs are just pitch-shifted versions of other songs.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
PolarStarGames said:
That's probably because alot of the songs are just pitch-shifted versions of other songs.
Yeah, I recall, and I think that's really neat. It kind of leaves a few surprises for anyone digging through the game files before they've completed everything.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
43501 said:
It kind of leaves a few surprises for anyone digging through the game files before they've completed everything.
Why would you do this???

I mean like maybe after you've beaten the game multiple times and have found all the things, but c'mon, why would you actively try to spoil the game for yourself.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Professional Whatever
People like to do things
You can't expect them to do things the way they're supposed to
Hell, I might go in and listen to tracks I haven't heard ingame because I like the music

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Okay, I completely love this game now. And after having done what Doors suggested earlier in the spoiler (too lazy to quote) I feel like the most cruel and evil person currently living on the planet. And flowey... I'm just gonna go cry some more now. So many emotions crammed into so few pixels! :'(

Also, I'm actually attempting to learn how to play the music on piano, it's so awesome ^_^ maybe I'll make some midis or something, because midis are cool.

as for the creepy message box thing, I didn't see that when I tried... Do you have to not get the knife or something?

I'm definitely buying this and some point after it's finished.

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Coffee said:
People like to do things
...is this even an argument/rebuttal to what I said? This isn't a very strong argument for anything.

"Why would someone mug someone else?"

"People like to do things"

Like, undertale/this conversation aside, this is just...

Coffee said:
Hell, I might go in and listen to tracks I haven't heard ingame because I like the music
I think listening to the ingame tracks or the OST is a bit different from browsing a game's data folder, since those don't have as much potential for spoiling the game as graphics/sprites can. Whereas sprites and (if you were somehow able to open them) script files would be chock-full of spoilers.

But I think it's pretty much sacrilege to browse a game's data folder, especially before you've beaten it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Professional Whatever
PolarStarGames said:
43501 said:
Yeah, I recall, and I think that's really neat. It kind of leaves a few surprises for anyone digging through the game files before they've completed everything.
in any case i'm not sure what you're trying to argue here, like if you're saying that you shouldn't do stuff like that then you should note that not everyone has the same mindset as you and "people like to do things", and play/ruin games however they feel like
if you're ranting then idunno

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MrLog said:
as for the creepy message box thing, I didn't see that when I tried... Do you have to not get the knife or something?
You have to do a kill-only run, that is, you have to kill everything
Coffee said:
43501 said:
So are you not even trying to explain the point you're attempting to make anymore, or...

As I said, I think you shouldn't dig through the games files before you beat the game/have completed everything, since those files (music sort of excluded) could be chock-full of spoilers.