Under Story

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:23 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Under Story
Cave Story but Undertale.
Some things are unfinished, like text box sprites.
In fact, it's still very early in developement.
NOTE: When 'Dreemur' with one 'r' is said, it reffers to the Mimigas.
When 'Dreemurr' with 2 'r's is said, it referrs to the last name of MK, Toriel and Kris. aka Sue, Momorin and Kazuma. Respectively.

Suggestions can be, well, suggested, at any time!

P.S: This is my first mod.

Attachments

• UnderStory.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • UnderStory 1.1.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • UnderStory 1.2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 10:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
this is the best mod ive ever played

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:39 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Jun 11, 2020 at 10:39 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jun 12, 2020 at 12:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:42 AM
Based Member
I have thoroughly played Undertale, but I have not yet played Deltarune (I plan on playing it blind next month). How much spoiler material or references does this mod make to Deltarune?

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:39 AM
I have thoroughly played Undertale, but I have not yet played Deltarune (I plan on playing it blind next month). How much spoiler material or references does this mod make to Deltarune?
a couple main characters are shown, kris (the main character) is kazuma, and ralsei is jack

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:59 PM
Based Member
a couple main characters are shown, kris (the main character) is kazuma, and ralsei is jack
Okay, other than that, are there dialogue references or resprites of other NPCs or items that reference significant events in Deltarune?

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:20 PM
Okay, other than that, are there dialogue references or resprites of other NPCs or items that reference significant events in Deltarune?
not anything that'll give away spoilers, no. most dialogue is the same, replacing the original names with their replacements from Undertale/Deltarune.

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:35 PM
War criminal
It's probably best to say this now, but the goat-like monsters that Asgore, Toriel, and Asriel are are called "boss monsters" and not Dreemur. It's like calling humans "does", after John and Jane.

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:45 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
It's probably best to say this now, but the goat-like monsters that Asgore, Toriel, and Asriel are are called "boss monsters" and not Dreemur. It's like calling humans "does", after John and Jane.
who cares

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:02 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
my under story review:

I like it.
It's mainly just a Cave Story reskin but I assume it's still your first mod so I don't see a problem.
There are many unnecessary files in the main folder but i dont really think they matter; people tend to complain about them because they look messy and are unnecessary but you might as well complain about unused stuff in the data folder

I think the sprites could use some work, but I kind of like blue Kazuma. The hair color is a bit dark though, but the choice for skin tone was nice.

I look forward to more mods.

1591991996205.png

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:06 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
what on earth is this...

Also Hayden don't play it yet it mentions the main character of deltarune in the transmission cutscene

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:21 AM
"Huzzah!"
I played it and I think the artwork is actually not bad and since this is mainly a reskin mod, I'd say it is alright for what it is and maybe even worth checking out.
The best reskin mods like Don't Mystery Me, however, change the tiles and also the title screen.
I think this mod would be more interesting from the start if it had a new title screen, but you do whatever you want.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:08 PM
my under story review:

I like it.
It's mainly just a Cave Story reskin but I assume it's still your first mod so I don't see a problem.
There are many unnecessary files in the main folder but i dont really think they matter; people tend to complain about them because they look messy and are unnecessary but you might as well complain about unused stuff in the data folder

I think the sprites could use some work, but I kind of like blue Kazuma. The hair color is a bit dark though, but the choice for skin tone was nice.

I look forward to more mods.

I played it and I think the artwork is actually not bad and since this is mainly a reskin mod, I'd say it is alright for what it is and maybe even worth checking out.
The best reskin mods like Don't Mystery Me, however, change the tiles and also the title screen.
I think this mod would be more interesting from the start if it had a new title screen, but you do whatever you want.
thanks a lot, guys!

I understand its still a work-in-progress, but I'll try and release other updates such as music (low chance of that happening, unless someone wants to help me with that) and text box sprites.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:10 PM
Toriel, Asgore and Asriel's last names are Dreemurr. It's canon.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 12:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
Toriel, Asgore and Asriel's last names are Dreemur. It's canon.

not to be pedantic over small details oh who am i kidding it's my favourite thing to do but isn't their last name 'Dreemurr' with two r's?

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:18 PM
not to be pedantic over small details oh who am i kidding it's my favourite thing to do but isn't their last name 'Dreemurr' with two r's?
yes, exactly. hence why i said (in the original post) that when Dreemurr with 2 r's refers to the family, and Dreemur with 1 r refers to the race.