T-Jack said:
*pushes away the mental image of Curly in bath, playing with Nemmy*

diph.php

wait what

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
T-Jack said:
First, welcome to the forum. Second, no, typing your post all bold doesn't make it more visible. And last, but not least, no there's no possible way Curly would meet prof. Booster and convince him to give her something he already gave Quote. And now, if you excuse me:

JAKE! GET OVER HERE, NOW!
Your rudeness was uncalled for. He's a newbie who asked a question that could easily have been in any of our minds when we first played the game. Not wanting to start a flamewar, but seriously it's not got anything to do with you if he types in bold as long as the text is visible, which it is.

The topic title could easily be misunderstood by someondy not used to the place, so it wasn't offtopic either since it's an "unanswered question" that's Cave Story-related.

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Mars said:

Thanks for the welcome, and I like to type bold, I've typing bold on every forum in my whole life, not trying to make it more visible, I swear.
Ok, maybe I was high thinking there could be two boosters and Curly meeting prof. Booster? ok... sorry for the drugs.
Roonil Wazlib said:
Your rudeness was uncalled for. He's a newbie who asked a question that could easily have been in any of our minds when we first played the game. Not wanting to start a flamewar, but seriously it's not got anything to do with you if he types in bold as long as the text is visible, which it is.

The topic title could easily be misunderstood by someondy not used to the place, so it wasn't offtopic either since it's an "unanswered question" that's Cave Story-related.
Just so you know,I said absolutely nothing about off-topicness or drugs. And no, it wasn't the question that I minded, it was the formatting. All bold text feels like a post title, not like something someone would like to tell the others. But fine, Mars, type as you wish.

For the answer, if you think that was rude, then let me rephrase that: Since we're talking about the best ending, Quote was given Booster 2.0. Assuming Professor didn't create 2.0 by enhancing 0.8 (highly unprobable), Curly could only meet him when Quote was battling the baddies, that being the only time when she wasn't unconscious or amnesiac. Then it would be possble, further assuming that she knew who prof. Booster was, where he was and that she actually needed the device. Happy?

DimJim said:
wait what
That's just plain wrong...

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:16 AM
Respwnt
T-Jack said:
Just so you know,I said absolutely nothing about off-topicness or drugs. And no, it wasn't the question that I minded, it was the formatting. All bold text feels like a post title, not like something someone would like to tell the others. But fine, Mars, type as you wish.
I considered the only case where you might have been justified on being rude, and that was off-topicness. Note that I never said you were rude because he was off-topic, I was justifying his post independant of yours in the second paragraph. Apparently that's too hard to understand, so I'll avoid posting ahead of time henceforth.

If you did have a problem with the text, you should have been a lot more politer as you seem to be the only one who thinks that way. Even if he'd rejected your request, he'd be well within his rights to.
T-Jack said:
For the answer, if you think that was rude, then let me rephrase that: Since we're talking about the best ending, Quote was given Booster 2.0. Assuming Professor didn't create 2.0 by enhancing 0.8 (highly unprobable), Curly could only meet him when Quote was battling the baddies, that being the only time when she wasn't unconscious or amnesiac. Then it would be possble, further assuming that she knew who prof. Booster was, where he was and that she actually needed the device. Happy?
Don't change your words now, your post clearly showed your intent of ridiculing the guy.

I have nothing more to say on this.

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:21 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
I considered the only case where you might have been justified on being rude, and that was off-topicness. Note that I never said you were rude because he was off-topic, I was justifying his post independant of yours in the second paragraph. Apparently that's too hard to understand, so I'll avoid posting ahead of time henceforth.

If you did have a problem with the text, you should have been a lot more politer as you seem to be the only one who thinks that way. Even if he'd rejected your request, he'd be well within his rights to.

Don't change your words now, your post clearly showed your intent of ridiculing the guy.

I have nothing more to say on this.
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't have been so rude. I'm reeeeally sorry, everyone. From now on, I won't reply to anyone who hasn't posted at least 50 posts here, since that would just cause more flames. </off-topic>

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
T-Jack said:
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't have been so rude. I'm reeeeally sorry, everyone. From now on, I won't reply to anyone who hasn't posted at least 50 posts here, since that would just cause more flames. </off-topic>

p44056-0-baww.png

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:07 PM
JacobX891 said:
Sorry for being 4 days late on this. This is what finally got me over here:

Hey, the Jacob alarm worked!

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:09 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why would the picture of a furry bring you into the topic Jacob?

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:21 PM
MetaSeraphim said:
Why would the picture of a furry bring you into the topic Jacob?
OR WAS IT..

MetaSeraphim said:
Are you a furfag Jacob?
:p

If he is, blame Chaco.

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:36 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
get back to topic guys.

How could Quote fuck Chaco while beeing a robot? mechanic dick? o_O

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:41 AM
In front of a computer
Schokobecher said:
get back to topic guys.
We have never been off-topic in this thread.

Or at least, almost never.

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:49 AM
/end
We haven't been off-topic. The thread's title is "Unanswered Questions", it doesn't say "Only CaveStory's Unanswered Questions". =P

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:08 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Cave Story Tribute Site
Reload this Page Unanswered Questions

Wait, wait... that isn't the CS Section? Oh, I'am sorry.
Oh... actually you are entering the dark path of the force MS.

so, stop it. By the mighty Backfisch. stop it.

Thank you for listening mister.

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:28 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Schokobecher said:
get back to topic guys.

i breifly touched upon that earlier...
NO, ROBOTS DO NOT HAVE WING-WONGS UNLESS DESIGNED FOR THAT KIND OF THING!

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM
Schokobecher said:
diph.php

He didn't, chaco raped him, in a way. Here, let me 'splain.

Robot sleep/hibernate cycle:Unstoppable, stops at time specified by AI.

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Justin-chan
The answer is that Chaco happens to be a dickgirl.

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:06 PM
This Troper
Or maybe Quote was designed for this, since, you know, the first thing you do after conquering an enemy land is rape all the women.

Oct 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM
Hoxtilicious
SEXAY QUOTE WANTS!

diph.php

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
*Brushes away image of "sexay" Quote*

I would like to ask several questions, but I haven't looked through the forum for previously asked questions yet (and I'm lazy). I believe that several revelations of the vague plot will be revealed when the WiiWare version of the game is released as part of the new additions to the game, possibly the origins of Quote and Curly (and other discussed characters such as Balrog and Misery), the Kingdom mentioned during the Hell run, and the Cthulthlu.

Or Pixel might keep the story "open to the gamer's imagination" and keep us trapped in this haze of mystery.

Just out of curiosity (and laziness), have you guys decided already who the creator of the map system is?

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:46 AM
In front of a computer
The map system? As in, the item that allows you to press W to see the map?

I've never even thought of that question. And I suspect no-one here has.

Hmmm............