Unanswered Questions

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:18 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
1. Why was the Doctor looking for Sue in the first place?
2. How did Curly get to Hell after the Plantation?
If anyone can answer these or think of more, post here.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
1. Because she escaped. Enough said.
2. The same way as Quote.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:39 PM
This Troper
innocent.bystander said:
1. Why was the Doctor looking for Sue in the first place?
They knew each other, he captured her, she escaped him, he knew about Momorin and planned to use Sue to lure her out... Actually, the last one's not that bad.

innocent.bystander said:
2. How did Curly get to Hell after the Plantation?
That was already greatly discussed over here at the forum. You can search for that, but at least one theory: Remember the Black Wind that blows through you at the beginning of both Har Final Cave and Hell? That suggests these two areas are connected and Curly somehow used that passage. Then, because she's invulnerable, she got through the spikes and collapsed next to the door because she wasn't fully recovered. Or, the spikes injured her and she collapsed because of the injuries damage.

PS: Damn you, CM!

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Another question: Why is shutter no. 4 the only one with a number on it?

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:15 PM
This Troper
DimJim said:
Another question: Why is shutter no. 4 the only one with a number on it?
'Cause Pixel was too lazy/didn't find it necessary to mark all the shutters. Or the maker of the room specifically designed shutter no. 4 to jam every time it was opened.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I just realized you can't argue with Cave Story. It's video game logic.

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Celtic Minstrel said:
The same way as Quote.
Wrong, she entered through the statue room.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:09 AM
In front of a computer
And how does she get up through the impassable floor of the Heavy Press room?

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
And how does she get up through the impassable floor of the Heavy Press room?
Same way the butes do.

This is the most logical explanation. Curly was shortcutting through sacred grounds to reach the Balcony to help Quote defeat the doctor and hit the dead end that was B1, she didn't know anything about Ballos. Curly cannot brave the press gauntlet with just a machine gun, it is not possible.

The only other logical explaination (curly came with momorin and escaped into sacred grounds away from the rock fall) fails due to momorin not being down there with curly or curly not being in the helicopter, and the fact that momorin and curly DO NOT know each other.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:43 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Same way the butes do.

This is the most logical explanation. Curly was shortcutting through sacred grounds to reach the Balcony to help Quote defeat the doctor and hit the dead end that was B1. Curly cannot brave the press gauntlet with just a machine gun.
Press gauntlet? You mean Final Cave's end? The one Quote cleared? The one Momorin and Itoh must pass to get to the heli? That one?

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Press gauntlet? You mean Final Cave's end? The one Quote cleared? The one Momorin and Itoh must pass to get to the heli? That one?
No. The lineup of presses BEFORE last cave that you need a friggin' rocket or a booster 2.0 with temporary invincibility to get past.

p43917-0-screen5.gif

Attempt it with a machine gun (or polar star depending upon whether or not you do the trade) and no boosters or rocket. Tell me how you go.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:57 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
No. The lineup of presses BEFORE last cave that you need a friggin' rocket or a booster 2.0 and temporary invincibility to get past.

*picture*

Attempt it with a machine gun (or polar star depending upon whether or not you do the trade) and no boosters or rocket. Tell me how you go.
a) She used the rocket, just like Quote, Momorin and Itoh. Since it's too large to fit through, they obviously had to leave it behind.
b) She used the temporary invincibility trick. Noone said she couldn't.
c) She used her permanent invincibility. The one she showed in the Labyrinth.
d) She just used her NPC teleport.
There ya go. Pick one/more/all/nose.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
a) She used the rocket, just like Quote, Momorin and Itoh. Since it's too large to fit through, they obviously had to leave it behind.
b) She used the temporary invincibility trick. Noone said she couldn't.
c) She used her permanent invincibility. The one she showed in the Labyrinth.
d) She just used her NPC teleport.
There ya go. Pick one/more/all/nose.
a) She doesn't know the password, or any of the humans on the island short of Misery and Date (the doctor).
b) Without the booster 2.0 it is impossible. Though when you choose the machine gun as your main weapon she is stuck with only the polar star in the labyrinth, she makes it to B1 despite this.
c) Doesn't really wash for story purposes.
d) *facepalm*

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:13 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
a) She doesn't know the password, or any of the humans on the island short of Misery and Date (the doctor).
b) Without the booster 2.0 it is impossible. Though when you choose the machine gun as your main weapon she is stuck with only the polar star in the labyrinth, she makes it to B1 despite this.
c) Doesn't really wash for story purposes.
d) *facepalm*
a) What password? You just flip a switch to start the rocket.
b) You're probably right on that one. I never tried this.
c) Why not? She's a battle-bot. Probably she's much more durable than the inferior Quote.
d) Are you OK? You do that quite a lot...

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:23 AM
In front of a computer
andwhyisit said:
Same way the butes do.
Oh, so Curly can fly? I don't think so!

andwhyisit said:
This is the most logical explanation. Curly was shortcutting through sacred grounds to reach the Balcony to help Quote defeat the doctor and hit the dead end that was B1, she didn't know anything about Ballos.
You call that a shortcut? And why wouldn't she know anything about Ballos?

andwhyisit said:
Curly cannot brave the press gauntlet with just a machine gun, it is not possible.
Curly doesn't even have the machine gun. Presumably she lost it in the waterway. By this time, she has the Nemesis. But that's irrelevant. She got past the gauntlet in the same way that Quote did – Itoh's rocket.

andwhyisit said:
The only other logical explaination (curly came with momorin and escaped into sacred grounds away from the rock fall) fails due to momorin not being down there with curly or curly not being in the helicopter, and the fact that momorin and curly DO NOT know each other.
I agree that this is not a possibility.

andwhyisit said:
The password is only to get into the secret hideout. You don't need it to start the rocket.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:29 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
The password is only to get into the secret hideout. You don't need it to start the rocket.
What do you do when an unknown robot tries to steal your rocket? :cool:

Sep 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Face it andwhy, your theory's creative but it isn't the only one.

I like CM's black wind theory best. And who is to say she didn't take the help of one of the flying monsters in the Plantation to get up there?

More logically, it would make sense for Momo and Itoh to let Curly ride because she resebles Quote more than anything else.

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
More logically, it would make sense for Momo and Itoh to let Curly ride because she resebles Quote more than anything else.
But WHY would curly go to hell when she has an opportunity to kill off the object of her hatred?

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
But WHY would curly go to hell when she has an opportunity to kill off the object of her hatred?

Who? The Doctor? o_O?

She probably went into the Prefab house after getting up through the Final Cave to rest and accidentally fell through the coincidentally crumbly block below the shelves.

Remember that you couldn't go back up after you fell down into the Sacred Grounds after beating the undead Core? The block just repaired itself after Curly fell it, just like how it did at that time.

Then the block, including everything else, got damaged due to the rockfalls after the Undead Core, so the block crumbled again.