Tribute Site Update!

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:59 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
WHOA. Huge upgrade indeed; the site looks a thousand times neater! O_O

EDIT: The icons on top look kinda blurred, due to resizing of course, but IMO I'd prefer it if it was resized while keeping its pixel-ness...

Other than that, it's still damn shiny. ^^

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Where'd the extra facial pictures come from? There are several that do not appear in the game.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
*hurk* pixel images needs fixing naow... *twitch*

Blurry sprites make me break out in aneurysms.

The Koron facepic is I believe a colorized version of a part of one of Pixel's game credits illustrations. Chie's pic I was told came from a beta of CS I think? Quote's pic looks familiar but I dunno where it came from.

Aside from the *gack* blurry images the site definitely looks much neater. I might get around to redoing those buttons and images with the sprites saved PROPERLY eventually.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM
Hoxtilicious
Andwhyisit made it, as you can read on the page :D

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lyger said:
*hurk* pixel images needs fixing naow... *twitch*

Blurry sprites make me break out in aneurysms.
Lyger said:
Aside from the *gack* blurry images the site definitely looks much neater. I might get around to redoing those buttons and images with the sprites saved PROPERLY eventually.
rtnario said:
EDIT: The icons on top look kinda blurred, due to resizing of course, but IMO I'd prefer it if it was resized while keeping its pixel-ness...
Whaaaaattttt!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Is this some side effect with a mac? Firefox, IE and Opera display the sprites crisp and clear...

Damn you safari!! :D

Lyger said:
The Koron facepic is I believe a colorized version of a part of one of Pixel's game credits illustrations. Chie's pic I was told came from a beta of CS I think? Quote's pic looks familiar but I dunno where it came from.
Quote: Credit picture of Quote, Jenka and Puppies.
Chie: Beta pics.
Nene: Credit picture of Quote, Jenka and Puppies.
Korons: Credit picture of Curly and Korons.
Ikachan: Hybrid of Ikachan icon and ending credits in vectors recoloured to Pixel style.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:44 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I have no idea how you saved those images (gif should preserve colors) but it's terribly blurry in Chrome and Firefox, but ironically clear in IE. o_O

The characters' page is fine up until the Hermit Gunsmith for some reason. I don't know why.

EDIT: If it would help, starting from the Hermit Gunsmith, the character portraits no longer have the fancy glowy thingy on them.

This is just a shot in the dark, but were those images originally smaller, and you used HTML to scale them up? You know, parameters within the image tags themselves? Instead of the images originally being that size? That might be why different browsers render it differently.

Sep 12, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lyger said:
I have no idea how you saved those images (gif should preserve colors) but it's terribly blurry in Chrome and Firefox, but ironically clear in IE. o_O

The characters' page is fine up until the Hermit Gunsmith for some reason. I don't know why.

EDIT: If it would help, starting from the Hermit Gunsmith, the character portraits no longer have the fancy glowy thingy on them.

This is just a shot in the dark, but were those images originally smaller, and you used HTML to scale them up? You know, parameters within the image tags themselves? Instead of the images originally being that size? That might be why different browsers render it differently.
The images were scaled with html to exactly 2x normal width and height. This was done to shave off image size and allow me to have images at either 1x or 2x size. Obviously some new version of firefox hates me. Just think of the firefox users that most likely can't read kidd radd now. :D So glad that I haven't updated to firefox 3 yet, not sure I want to from what I heard.

I'll create alternate 2x images to fix the issue and test in chrome.

EDIT: Installed chrome and HOLY CRAP THOSE BLURRED IMAGES LOOK HORRIBLE! OH MY FUCKING.. Whoever thought this was a good idea is sadly mistaken.

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I've been gone for too damn long...

O_o

But great work on the site!

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Holy crap! This is sheer awesomeness.
And the sprites looks pixel clear to me.

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Holy crap! This is sheer awesomeness.
And the sprites looks pixel clear to me.
I fixed them last night.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:23 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Yup, looks fine now.

Yah the small amount of filesize saved is probably not worth the compatibility issues. GIF images aren't that big in the first place.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
The sites looking fantastic!
and o-o i dont think i ever had any blurry images when i checked it

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
The sites looking fantastic!
and o-o i dont think i ever had any blurry images when i checked it
Blurry images only happened in Firefox 3 and Chrome.

Lyger said:
Yup, looks fine now.

Yah the small amount of filesize saved is probably not worth the compatibility issues. GIF images aren't that big in the first place.
It's just that I use these images in the two different sizes (1x and 2x), this meant that I didn't have to create two different images for two different sizes, though that ended up happening anyway.

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:13 PM
In front of a computer
"[url=http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/962/ said:
Lvl. 3 Blade[/url]"]Okay, I tried to make a mod and totally ruined my game, so I need a site with which to download it again. Yes I know about the tribute site, Yes I want the deluxe pack, but for some odd reason, I don't trust the download sites they give, a second opinion would be appreciated. AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO PAY. Okay thanks.
That thread made me think of something...

That deluxe package should not have been packaged as an exe file. Most Mac users will not be able to open it.

I've re-uploaded it here as a zip, but it'll only be there for 3 months. If someone could upload it somewhere more permanent (such as the FTP site), that'd be great.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
That thread made me think of something...

That deluxe package should not have been packaged as an exe file. Most Mac users will not be able to open it.

I've re-uploaded it here as a zip, but it'll only be there for 3 months. If someone could upload it somewhere more permanent (such as the FTP site), that'd be great.
Problem is that we don't have anywhere to upload it to. We want to keep bandwidth usage down and linking to 40mb files won't help in that department. SP's ftp has an upper limit on how big the files can be as well.

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:04 AM
In front of a computer
Meh. You could link to it for now, right? Maybe I'll find a better place to put it, and then post the new link.

Or you could wait until I find a better place, then post it, and in the meantime it will be here if anyone wants it.

(I know Lvl3Blade, at least, wanted it.)

Nov 2, 2008 at 11:18 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Small, tiny error in the new tribute site, but still o_o

In the "Other Works by Pixel" section, the Guxt page has the link of "The making of Guxt" have a quotation mark in the end of the URL, leading to a post not found :<

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Hoxtilicious
Very Important:

http://cavestory.org/guides.php

http://lotlot.net/misc/doukutsu/tsc.txt <- This one is kinda outdated, link the new one:
http://spgardebiter.sp.funpic.de/CaveStory/FAQ/TSC.txt

http://spgardebiter.sp.funpic.de/CaveStory/FAQ/NPCPointer.txt <- NOT done by me D: It's done by Runelancer and it's just a post from the forum, but feel free to link it, since Runelancer is okay with this stuff as far as I know. You can link his Advanced NPC FAQ too I think: http://spgardebiter.sp.funpic.de/CaveStory/FAQ/Advanced NPC.txt

Since you are linking the TSC you should link the flaglist too:
http://lotlot.net/misc/doukutsu/flags.txt