Trainer working with current cave story + on steam?

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:02 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I tried every possible trainer nothing worked

is there a working trainer out there?

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM
Mokou
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Doukutsu Trainer only works with Vanilla, unfortunately. The best advice I could really give you is to play the game in Easy Mode.

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:08 PM
Shark bully
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Doukutsu Trainer is the only trainer I've heard of, and that obviously only works for anything based on the original freeware pc version.
Honestly there's no need to cheat in the vanilla game anyway, if you still have trouble, just play on easy mode, if it's hard mode you have trouble with then well...
hard modes are kinda meant to be difficult, no?

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:54 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

I don't really know what you need it for, but no there isn't.
Cave Story+ uses a relocation table, so you'd have to disable that to be able to use a trainer. It's not much work or anything, though.
I could probably fairly easily reprogram Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer to work with Steam CS+ on Windows. Would you like me to do that?

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:03 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Okay, I finished re-programming it. There are a few minor improvements and changes here and there, but it's fundamentally the same program.
In the spirit of the original program, I am distributing the source code for my program.
I've never actually used Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer before, but I had plenty of chance to while I tested this and it was really fun. :D

EDIT:
I forgot to explain how to remove the relocation table!!
Here's What I wrote in the source code:
Code:
 * Before using this tool on CaveStory+.exe, you must first remove its relocation table!
 * To begin, download a debugger. I prefer Xin's version of OllyDebug 2.01: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247188758535864320/318713781469577226/Ollydbg_201_Patched.zip
 * Locate your CaveStory+.exe file (it should be in your Steam Library's files) and open it with OllyDebug.
 * Press ALT+M to open the "Memory Map" window.
 * Locate "CaveStory+" under "Owner" and "PE header" under "Contains". Right click on that entry, "Copy to clipboard > Address".
 * Click on the "CPU - main thread" window.
 * Press CTRL+G to open the "Enter expression to follow" dialog. Press CTRL+V to paste the address you copied into the box, and then press enter.
 * Scroll down until you see the comment: "Characteristics = EXECUTABLE_IMAGE|32BIT_MACHINE", et cetera. Click on this entry.
 * Press CTRL+E to open the "Edit data at address..." dialog. Change "02 01" to "0F 01" in the "HEX" field. Then press OK.
 * Right click on the section that you edited, which should now be highlighted, "Edit > Copy to executable".
 * Close the "File ..." window, and select "Yes" when prompted by the "File changed" dialog. Save over your original executable file, OllyDebug will automatically back it up for you as "CaveStory+.bak"
 * Then you're done! You should now be able to use this trainer. :)

Attachments

Last edited: