Tower Of Heaven - High Res

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Tower Of Heaven is an excellent freeware game. If you havent played it go check it out here: http://askiisoft.com/

After playing the game I got the idea of a high resolution version/ Color version and thought to email the creator for his advice and maybe participation..

Corey,

Thanks for the compliments. To be honest, a higher-res, colored version of Tower of Heaven had originally been planned as a bonus for finding all three secrets in the game, but after a brief test we found doing so robbed the game of much of its charm and visual flair. At the moment we have no plans to revisit Tower of Heaven, but if you've got the time, effort and talent you're welcome to try it yourself. Just don't try to make a fortune off it. :mad:

Best,
-Dave

To: god_savant@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, August 6, 2011 8:00 AM
Subject: Tower Of Heaven - Highres/Color

Hey there,
First of all congratulations on the release of Tower Of Heaven. Both Flash and Original.

I dont know if you are still developing but I was browsing the fan art and found this.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z286/godsavant/Tower_of_Heaven_Advance_by_Kenj.png

I was wondering if you was intrested in actually making something like this?
Like a remake of the game in color and higher res?
I would be more than happy to help... I did consider doing this myself but don't have the source code and did not want to re-create the engine and go along with this project without your permission.

Best regards

Corey
(JetHawk95)

So yeahh thats how it went.
The reason I'm posting this is to see if any people whove played the game would be intrested in helping make this project?
Probably Noxid and GIR are my best bets (GIR Did some real nice remix's and Noxid's very good at pixel art)

But If youve played the game and you're interested in contributing then it would be a big help.

As for the engine we could use the flash version of the game and rverse engineer it into flash?
I am willing to remake the engine in game maker but would need some little assistance as I am not the master at using it.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
A higher res colored version of Tower of Heaven would be awesome. I love that game.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would have to agree with the creators, much of the game's charm and appeal comes its well executed faux-retro style. To take that away would be essentially reducing it to Just Another Platformer (albeit with fantastic music).

Also, I really didn't want to have to be the one to tell you Jethawk but you're not especially great at pixel art.. I'm not good enough to be able to tell you exactly how you could improve other than just lots of practice and observing other artist's styles and techniques.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Creating A Legacy...
I know I'm not great at pixel art, I need to keep practicing shading and pay more attention to detail. My work is too simplistic.

It was just an idea and wanted to see if anyone would be interested, But definitely wouldn't want to take away its charm. Its a fine line.

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That was a great game. If only it were longer.

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I offer you my services. Just send me information.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Id recommend concentrating on the Diety Project first :mrgreen:

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
JetHawk95 said:
Id recommend concentrating on the Diety Project first :mrgreen:

Screw the rules I have money! But your right. I saw Tower of Heaven and all rational thought left my mind.