Touhou Project

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Jan 27, 2021 at 2:38 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I would really like to try to play, but I am a connoisseur of old games since the days of Sega and Playstation. Do you think it will be interesting for me, I don't even know how the gaming industry has gone ahead now?
It depends on what kind of games you like. If you like classic arcade style shoot-em-ups, then yeah, totally. The series started in 1995, and the core gameplay hasn't changed much since then.

You might have an awkward time if you start from the very beginning. The first 5 games are on the NEC PC-9800, and you basically need to emulate them. The early games can be very different, with the very first being like Breakout on overdrive. If you're just checking the series out, I'd recommend to start with the 6th or 7th game.