Topic of Riddles

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Here's a classic: If yesterday was two days ago tomorrow, will the day after tomorrow be today or yesterday?

although that's really more of a logic problem than a riddle...

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Banned
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
It will be two days from now. I have a riddle. Hear it naow.

A man walks into a bar, and immediatly gets a headache. Why, and what kind of bar is it?

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I am not a tangible object, yet you can take me by performing physical action,
if I am made, then I was taken first,
I am always taken, but not always made,
it is wisest only to take me if you're confident you can make me.
What am I?
I'll guess it's breathing... again...

Here is my main riddle:
If it is dead, it is alive. If it is alive, it is dead. What is it? C_____
I'll add another clue: six letters. And it ends on the same letter that my name ends on.
Is mine too hard?

I have a riddle. Hear it naow.
A man walks into a bar, and immediatly gets a headache. Why, and what kind of bar is it?
It is a metal bar. He should look where he is going.
Master of Fire: You misspelt now, and immediately.
Dunc2403: What if the man is blind?

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Shane: Is it Cheese? I assume you mean that the last letter is e. Seriously though, out of all the words that start with c, end in e, and have six letters, Im having trouble finding something for which aliveness and deadness are reversed (with Cheese those properties are at least vague). Unless your talking about undead Cattle?

As for my question: the day after tomorrow is never today or yesterday, regardless of the fact that yesterday was two days ago tomorrow(which is always true).
so the correct answer was actually "no: the day after tomorrow is not today or yesterday"

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Energy is not tangible you nub
Energy is a generic term. Sometimes it can refer to glycogen, which is indeed tangible. Or electricity is a form of energy, and can shock someone or power an electronic device. That is indeed tangible. Even air is tangible in my book since it's technically around us, and physically helps us breathe. I don't see why you think energy isn't tangible.

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
glycogen is a chemical compound that can be utilized by various chemical processes to release usable energy
matter is a tangible form of energy and the two are related by einstein's famous E=mc2
The effects of changes in energy or the transfer of energy are tangible, but I would argue that energy itself is intangible.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Shane: Is it Cheese? I assume you mean that the last letter is e. Seriously though, out of all the words that start with c, end in e, and have six letters, Im having trouble finding something for which aliveness and deadness are reversed (with Cheese those properties are at least vague). Unless your talking about undead Cattle?
:eek:
How in blazes can cheese be alive if it is dead and vice versa? Cattle, definitely not! Can even a single decilitre
extinguish it? Who knows?

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, anything that is both alive and dead would be alive when dead and dead when alive (thus undead cattle). I figured cheese was sort of organic but inanimate...
But if I'm reading you correctly... The answer was Candle? How is a candle alive when it's dead?

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Yeah, a candle is the answer.
REASON:
A candle is alive when it's not lit. It doesn't shrink.
A candle is dead when it's lit. It shrinks.
As I said before, my Natural Sciences teacher asked me that one or two years ago.
My next riddle:
What is most famous in all languages, and even keeps the same name?
Hint: it's cute.

EDIT:
And powerful.

SECOND EDIT:
And can sometimes cause paralysis.

THIRD EDIT:
And it will be my next avatar. You'll have to wait a long time. :)

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The only word that is exactly the same regardless of language is Amen, but that doesn't seem to qualify. Another option would be Bible, but that isn't really cute. It can cause paralysis, though (if you drop it).

I'm thinking Platypus, since it matches all the hints, but it's not the same word in every language.

I think it's a name, but I can't think of anything that has all of these. I could say Chuck Norris but that would be cheating.

My final guess will be none of the above, though. My final guess will be...

PIKACHU