TLOS Or better known as unnamed...

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
FIRST VIEW OH YEAH

SPOILERS
-I LIKE sepia-toned Quote! :o The tilesets/textbox are very nice too. However, there's no h-trigger for death when falling out of the level, and actually causes the game to reset with the death music still playing. A skipflag for the opening/save at the start would be nice too.
-The first area is a pain with no weapon, especially because the Ravils like to push you into the pit or into each other, making you die because you can't control where you're moving. Haxing through this part as it's late anyway.
-The beetles in the second area are drawn from the wrong spritesheet, and the first couple fly off to the right forever because there's no wall there. That frog is a dog!
-The "it won't open" door fade out and most likely <TRA's before saying that it doesn't open, leaving the player stuck. The neato save point gives me an idea though...
-The script for the "you'll end up dead" sign is also called for the door.
-Oh hay Ralren's pretty green tileset.
-In that one room, Sue is sitting up on the side of the wall, but then suddenly appears at the door. Her text also goes beyond the edge of the box. And then you have to take the long way to get back around because the thin passage is one-way :rolleyes:
-The life capsule after the presses doesn't work.
-Quick note about the enemies: I don't know if it's possible to get to the save point or lifeup at the very start, but the enemies are still more annoying than challenging, mostly because they are all ones that like to either chase you (when you have no weapon, meaning changing direction = die), or ones that knock you about and muck up dodging. Especially that part after the save point in the second area, it's very hard to get back out of there without getting killed on 3HP.
-Speaking of which... there's a hole there?!? You can't jump back up yet, even though it appears possible, although you can jump over the side, land in the background areas off to the side, and ultimately cause the game to crash <_< Trying to leave to the right after reaching the bottom also causes this, so your script there must be messed up.
-Going down into the little bit on the left side causes the h-trigger to play again, and since that's a dead end... seems I'm stuck here for now.

I don't know how much you've tested this, but there are a lot of script bugs that need fixing. You can ask for some help in the Hacking/Modding section if you're unsure about stuff, but at the moment it's nigh-unplayable. Otherwise, the (new) tilesets and graphics are all good, and the static level design seems well-done. It's cool if you're rushed and stuff, but I have to say at the moment it's not really worth continuing until you get the hang of scripting.

Now, to catch up on 5 days' worth of mod section posts >_>

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hey DT you know you CAN get a weapon for the first level. It's the little greenish thing up and to your left, just to the right of the unreachable(?) savepoint. And yeah, Saf, make sure you take care of the bugs DT mentioned. One other bug that he didn't mention is that when you die, you forgot to put a <CMU0000 at the end of the death script, so when you go back to the beginning, it keeps playing the death music during the opening scene.

This mod has some potential, but at the moment it's fairly buggy and not good enough in other ways to make it worth the bugginess.

Also, I second putting a skipflag at the beginning and that recolored Quote sprite is awesome.

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hey

Really liked the new quote spritw and the M.G sprite
Didn't get past the igor guy kept dying and then listning to the whole intro again, and if i fell i had to reset the game.

But, and its a big BUT
This game has some really good potential, and i think its going to be good.
Liking the music :)
so keep up the good work

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
I have but one suggestion, considering everyone else has covered the bugs, and that is to have Quote start off with 6 health. Pretty much everything in the beginning can kill you with one hit, and while I like difficult games, I don't like dying within a few seconds of playing.

Looks pretty awesome, though, and I love the music you used.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I know there's a lot of bugs, but I kinda got used to them after a while... :)

I will fix all of these things since I have time now.
I'm kinda lazy, so there are problems that I never got around to fix.
Oh and you ARE supposed to get up through the hole to find a secret, but I implemented it badly; Don't worry, I will fix it.

btw, there was never a death script when you fall, I forgot to add it... :)

Plus, in the Sue area... Uhh, that was pretty fail... so don't expect to see it.
(YET)

But whatever, getting to work on it now.

+EDIT+ Has anyone found the super haxx weapon yet?

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:44 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
wedge of cheese said:
One other bug that he didn't mention is that when you die, you forgot to put a <CMU0000 at the end of the death script, so when you go back to the beginning, it keeps playing the death music during the opening scene.

DoubleThink said:
and actually dying causes the game to reset with the death music still playing.

I missed a dying >_>

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:55 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
It turns out that you can get a lot of machine gun ammo. Please keep it, I love having tons of machine gun ammo. Or at least hide some machine gun ammo packs in there.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Re: UGG On Sale for cheap

He has a point. Your mod lacks boots, Safusaka.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM
graters gonna grate
Lol, DB should have a cameo :D

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Been here way too long...
spammeh spelled it wrong! I always thought it was 'ugh'.
>_>

makes ore sense, anyways.

Dragonbutt should eat the main character.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM
graters gonna grate
Or maybe DB should be a boss (and then eat you if you lose). It could be done maybe if you set a flag at the start of the boss fight and then cleared it at the end, and then in the death event have a flag jump to an alternate death event where instead of the normal "You have died, want to retry?" DB eats you. That'd require some assembly though; you'd have to add an "eat main char" <ANP or <BOA

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:20 AM
squidward
Aww, stupid shoe spambots!

@CHEESE: You're right! I should... if I knew how...

But anyways, I was thinking on releasing the newest version soon, so just wait a little while.

It's actually playable now, and most of the glitches are fixed, so don't worry.

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM
squidward
I'm double posting so people will see that I have updated, so check the first post! :D

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Pirate Member
The graphics were pretty neat, but after I got the gun and the witch spawned it just froze. It would show the boss had full HP (even though there was no said boss) and I was locked to run around in one screne. What the hell?

Anyways I managed my way to the watery cave, but when I reached the bottom an error message popped-up and everything closed :/

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM
squidward
Oh, right, that...

I forgot about that... heh... :p

Well, don't worry, I'll fix it right now!

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:53 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Spam much?

Jeez, why do they send these things everywhere?

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Been here way too long...
so they get money.
simple.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Pirate Member
Safusaka said:
Oh, right, that...

I forgot about that... heh... :o

Well, don't worry, I'll fix it right now!

Thanks. Your mod's great, I can't wait for it to be completed.