Thoughts on the demon crown

May 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
LazyBallos, the one who can awaken things from the dead.

May 27, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Absolute Zer0 said:
Do you realize you just bumped a three year old topic? XD
There is not an issue with that here as long as your post was related to the thread and not revived just for the sake of it.

May 27, 2008 at 1:43 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ah, okay, I wasn't sure because most forums discourage that sort of thing. My mistake, let the topic continue.

May 27, 2008 at 7:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
There is not an issue with that here as long as your post was related to the thread and not revived just for the sake of it.
3 months, sure.
3 years, I think you're pretty safe off just making a new thread. Let alone continuing the conversation as though it just happened. ...As your first post. Rmph.

May 27, 2008 at 7:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
3 months, sure.
3 years, I think you're pretty safe off just making a new thread. Let alone continuing the conversation as though it just happened. ...As your first post. Rmph.
Even SP has done it before, on the oldest thread in this forum! :p

Now to get back on topic my theory is that Ballos's power corrupts. It is what caused the red flowers to mutate the mimigas, it is what corrupted the Core, and it is what corrupts the minds of the crown bearers just to create havoc in the name of Ballos to please the destructive nature of his insanity.

Jenka had to go to great lengths to contain him yet it still wasn't enough to fully contain him.

At least in theory.

May 27, 2008 at 7:59 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lá-lá! Lá-lá! Shub Niggarath! The Goat With a Thousand Young!

(Threadomancy is complete.)

But on-topic, I have a tendancy to believe the "crown" is not a tangible object, but a metaphor for an unreal conduit of Ballos's madness/power. It is only represented as a physical object for the sake of the game itself; so there is no actual tangible focus of evil, just raw corruption.

Meh.