Think about this for a second: Would you consider a CS plush toy line a good idea or a bad one?

Do you really want the world to be flooded with adorably fluffy little Toroko squeaky toys?

• -> YES

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • -> NO

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2015 at 10:52 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Isn't it a bit late for this? Cave Story has been out for.... what, almost ten years?

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Nov 22, 2015 at 11:16 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Isn't it a bit late for this? Cave Story has been out for.... what, almost ten years?
The original version was released December 2004, the Wii version didn't come out until 2010.

Still, a toy line might make more people aware of Cave Story...

May 6, 2018 at 3:08 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Bumping an old thread without due acknowledgement
I would buy one :mahin:

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:26 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Still, a toy line might make more people aware of Cave Story...

But then you'd have to consider the result of that. The target for a toy line of Cave story would probably end up being basement nerds, but parents would see them and buy them for their kids, without even knowing what cave story is. Now, this wouldn't happen in most circumstances, but there is a chance that the child who now owns that toy has an older sibling. Now this is just a generalization, but the school i go to is full of ignorant, brainwashed, meme-creating idiots in denial of anything of quality (AKA middle school students of the twenty first century), so i'm just going to assume that that goes the same for a majority of the child population in America and Canada. The older sibling would then google what Cave Story is, read a quarter of a summary of the game (because reading is considered a bad thing nowadays for some reason), then think it's on the same level of Life Is Strange. They would then start making retarded jokes about it in a immature fashion, officially making Cave Story a meme around their school. Not only would this just be annoying, but it would actually discourage people to play Cave Story. In the beginning of the school year, we were required to make a presentation on something that was important to us and why it has significance. While everyone just made joke presentations about Fortnite and Pokemon go, i made a presentation on my entire history with Cave Story, the mod i was making at the time (which i have now abandoned), my overall love for the game, and more crap that i don't want to add to this post to make it any longer. What ended up happening was i turned Cave Story into a meme for a couple of months, making the second i walked into the doors of the school unbearable. I'm glad that is over now, but the eight painful hours of hearing terrible jokes over the course of two months (and knowing it was because of me) was painful enough, i don't think i could bare to see it even more on a larger scale
Edit: I just realized that i just posted on a thread in the SPOT, therefore nothing i say can be taken seriously. Fuck

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
But then you'd have to consider the result of that. The target for a toy line of Cave story would probably end up being basement nerds, but parents would see them and buy them for their kids, without even knowing what cave story is. Now, this wouldn't happen in most circumstances, but there is a chance that the child who now owns that toy has an older sibling. Now this is just a generalization, but the school i go to is full of ignorant, brainwashed, meme-creating idiots in denial of anything of quality (AKA middle school students of the twenty first century), so i'm just going to assume that that goes the same for a majority of the child population in America and Canada. The older sibling would then google what Cave Story is, read a quarter of a summary of the game (because reading is considered a bad thing nowadays for some reason), then think it's on the same level of Life Is Strange. They would then start making retarded jokes about it in a immature fashion, officially making Cave Story a meme around their school. Not only would this just be annoying, but it would actually discourage people to play Cave Story. In the beginning of the school year, we were required to make a presentation on something that was important to us and why it has significance. While everyone just made joke presentations about Fortnite and Pokemon go, i made a presentation on my entire history with Cave Story, the mod i was making at the time (which i have now abandoned), my overall love for the game, and more crap that i don't want to add to this post to make it any longer. What ended up happening was i turned Cave Story into a meme for a couple of months, making the second i walked into the doors of the school unbearable. I'm glad that is over now, but the eight painful hours of hearing terrible jokes over the course of two months (and knowing it was because of me) was painful enough, i don't think i could bare to see it even more on a larger scale
Aw God that sucks. I hope that you upload it to here so that people who WANT to appreciate it can. Also, don't tell yourself it sucks, because it was a heartfelt presentation about a bleepy bloopy 2D PC platformer and liking it so much you make more of it. Most middle schoolers are gonna say that and it doesn't matter whether the presentstion actually sucked or not