The Wrath of Feces Aka Poop story

Jun 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So quote wakes up in the island again and does this WHOLE story all over again but finds that arthurs house is empty with 2 little mimigas.Chie and Bob. Bob can only say poop because he was cursed DUN DUN DUUUUUN.Chie can translate to what he is really saying but Bob needs your help!

Please don't be mean this is my first mod :(

This mod cannot be ported to cave story +
Known Issues
-Some Sprites look like sprite sheets
-hearing text when going into some doors
-teleporter room takes you to pipeworks
-Some random sprite on a ledge in mimiga village
-May have booster 0.8 on start

The FULL demo is out soon...
JK its right here (you MUST have winrar or 7zip to open)

Download the game for PC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pbuc9ct8t8ydbd4/PoopStory+1.0.rar

WARNING: Will not be making mac ports any time soon if I do, it may be outdated

Screenshots:
Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 7.12.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-23 at 7.10.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This site is dead.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:34 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Epic_ManDude said:
p203374-0-exwqivy.png
This place looks rather alpha for being in a beta build. Will this be fixed or is this intentional?

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM
Definitely Alpha

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
wow this mod has so much potential like, oh my god i am S O exited for what this will turn into
im sure it wont be dank memes at all nope

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:20 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jun 22, 2015 at 11:23 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
In the past week alone this site has deteriorated more than 200%

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:20 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
SuperJaws100 said:
In the past week alone this site has deteriorated more than 200%
It's all my fault

rip in memes

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:33 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Well, I just finished alpha 0.01, and... there are quite a few problems.

The jump back to the start point after you get the polar star is much more difficult than any other jump in the demo, unless you are meant to use invincibility frames and jump into the spike. There are many times when the text goes outside the message box, or just isn't shown. There are some places where you can just jump off the map because there is no H/V trigger to stop you. When getting the air tank, there is no <EQ+ so it doesn't work. The game just stops after the cutscene with Sue in bob's house. There are a few more things, but I don't really need to mention them. If any of these problems I had were fixed in alpha 0.02, just ignore those complaints.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:26 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This mod took me by surprise when I started playing; I'm gonna point the problems, think of it as constructive criticism.

1. The "Poo" at the "before title screen" screen looks like "Roo"fix the P
2. For the work Transmission put a "-" at the end of the line to show the word continues on in the next line.
3. I have no clue what the bloody hell a flying critter is doing no-clipping through the floors and stuff!?
4. The "extended" part of the first cave leads into the nothingness where you fall "forever".
5. You can't escape the water part of that place because the ledge isn't put up correctly for the player to escape. And you can't reach the top of the slab thing in the water section.
6. The second door in the start point room leads to the beginning cutscene again. And then never works again unless you reset the game.
7. Make the room more "Organic". By that I mean make it so people feel like they're playing as the character on the island. You should never, ever have someone look at a room and say; "This doesn't look organic enough" or "This looks too organic to be organic" But hey that's my personal nit-pick.
8. In the first cave there's a random water-cave tile left where there used to be a pond-ish pool.
9. Immediately to the right of it is a floating grate with ground particles on the base grate. (If that makes any sense)
10. With the breakable blocks: MAKE SURE NO MATTER WHAT THE PLAYER CAN ESCAPE EVEN IF ALL OF THE BLOCKS ARE DESTROYED! I had to reset the whole game because of that.
11. You don't need a bunch of pointless blocks in a cluster if they're on there to be shot at.
12. The door after the breakable block part is utterly useless. (Wasted time)
13. I shouldn't have to get a life capsule and then hurt myself to advance. (What if someone was at 5 hp or less? They're screwed and have to die, reset, do it all over again to move on and hope they still have 6 hp by the time they get back. If I wanted to play "Story off the rails" I'd play Story of the rails.
14. If you screw up on the jump, gameover, reset, repeat problem 13.
15. After resetting I realized the flying-critter doesn't even hurt you. Story of my social life.
16. Since the only way to advance is to have 6 hp and getting hurt by that spike is the only way up! There's no point in getting exp up to that point.
17. Like problem 5 you can't reach the chest no matter what.
18. Leaving the first cave through the door doesn't have the opened animation. It just fades to black for the last transmission cutscene.
19. Quote is supposed to fall on the ground when entering the Mimiga village as he normally should but. Falls on platform above, teleports in the spot he should've fallen into and gets up normally and can be controllable again on the platform above.....
20. I take the first door and go to water way, I escape back to the Mimiga village through another door you added, place me in an area I can only escape by shooting the fish to death and hopefully not drown. Words can't describe the amount of mental anger.
21. How dare you put the player through that.
22. Below the Mimiga village (For instance Arthur's House) Has no ground under it, if you're gonna add a section to your place, fill in the rest that aren't used!
23. There's a place above Yamishita's farm, why, like why make a place that one can see but can't go to yet.....It's like Ma pignon's room but more obvious and stupid and less "I'll worry about it later".
24. I can apparently go back up into the first cave instantly...."No."
25. Yamishita's sign behind grass. That's all I can say.
26. Random tiles are missing to the right of the Mimiga village where Yamishita's farm should be. What is his farm in the sky?! (It isn't, Pixel had those tiles there for a reason)
27. Random block is missing for the assembly hall outside.
28. Jack is in front of the door but I go inside rather than talk to him....
29. So the grave yard is apparently a 2x1 room.
30. Beyond it is more air, put a barrier in front of it.
31. Jack isn't helping by not guarding the graveyard door but the door proceeds to talk in Jack's voice and blocks me as usual....Because Potatoes.
32. The Map System never had a "YO" in it's name.....
33. After getting it the text it shows in the 3rd line flies off and can't be read.
34. Beyond the chest for the map system. More empty useless blocks!
35. For the shack fix the tile where the tower's left side isn't the same block copied downwards.
36. Your outside view of the shack is misleading. It's the same thing inside.
37. We only needed 1 damn fish in the Reservoir.
38. Death spike in the Reservoir.....My only question. Is why?!
39. In the inventory the Map system is referred to as the "Map System YO" ever again.
40. Wish I had more exp to fight Balrog with. One might argue "Then say No" But that's like saying "Don't have the boss at all. (Another personal nit pick)
41. Talking to Jack again, walks off screen....Seems legit.
42. I look at Bill's grave. If Bill has no impact to the world you're playing in or you as the player. Then there's next to no point in having this "Bill".
43. If only I needed the waterway key. (Look at problem 20)
44. I like the air pockets. I mean I like how you got rid of the water tiles for some places.
45. I go to waterway cabin. Normal. Go to the 2nd door, Egg corridor. I'll worry about that later.
46. Wife bore Child 04-08-08
47. One cannot get to Iron head the Oxygen tank at least I can't find it without killing myself most likely before I find.
48. Egg corridor now. The water sound from the waterway drones on.....FOREVER!
49. Orange liquid doesn't hurt. I don't why that's a problem I have too much Lost Land logic in my head.
50. Egg 17.
51. Random floating spikes.
52. Stacking spikes.
53. Oh boy! A door I can't get into between egg 13 and 14!
54. Sue cutscene begins when I barely am 2 pixels from touching a spike....Woop.
55. Giant spikes above of Sue and Igor.
56. Igor falls into a pit is nowhere near Sue when punching her.
57. More text that falls of screen.
58. Sue teleports to Igor.
59. I wonder how Igor runs away now- He teleports away because the script said so.
60. Another missing block in the Abode.
61. Spike takes place of bottom right block outside of the abode.
62. Random spikes that allow one to go through in Egg 7.
63. Random spike "challenges" They're stupid. This isn't Hell.
64. In Egg .06 the water sound is so annoying with no music to accompany it.
65. Getting out of the Egg the Basil can roam free again with me to try and avoid it....
66. Gee can't get the missile launcher, I was hoping this wasn't hard mode.
67. More text that doesn't fit.
68. More random spikes before Igor.
69. More stupid doors that I can't reach.
70. Would be a shame if I couldn't leave the Igor.
71. A block you didn't fill in allows the player to escape.
72. If only Igor could escape with me.
73. Igor escapes.
74. I defeat Igor outside his fighting arena.
75. Chest one can't open no matter what.
76. The only way to escape the Egg corridor is to get hurt or somehow not hit the spike on your way out.
77. The water sound is gone once you die. That's not how one should get rid of their annoyance.
78. I just realized how to get the Missile launcher but I'm not even bothering trying to get it.
79. When you come out you are inside the block you can't get in of
80. The only way to move on is this. Get hit by an enemy and go through the first spike, and then get hit by the 2nd spike.....words cannot describe how broken this "mod" is. That's the only way to get past.
81. There's a spot by Egg (17) 16 where you can fall out of the world....if you even make it to it.
82. Where it says "Arthur" in the teleport it's all grable text.
83. When Quote says: "POOOOPPP" I assume my character falls through the world and is noone to be seen.....
84. The room I'm supposed to be in looks bland.
85. Missing block, unneeded blocks, 2 Mimigas who I will never know.
86. This game has almost nothing to with Poo.
87. Only 2 things were Poo related. That's makes the name of this mod practically pointless and makes your story you came up with so far useless.

For the next update PLEASE test your mod out to make sure a player can enjoy your game or can play it.
Most of this mod is game breaking errors and simple things you can fix with a click of a mouse. I don't care if testing is boring we've all done please do it so someone like me doesn't have to mentally rage over it.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:29 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Given that they're called alpha builds, that's basically another way of calling them demos. There are several mods in the forum that have been called alpha builds but are actually demos.

So let's try out the mod to see what goes on.

First off, this DoConfig looks awfully familiar.

p203382-0-v6unz0k.png

I don't think anyone has ever questioned if some of the features in this are compatible with a normal Cave Story executable. Since you're new, and have probably never used a hex editor before, I'll let this one slide for the sake of "Courier New being overused".

Now to play the mod!

p203382-1-gymr0np.png

Um, I think I'm too scared to play the mod now. Seriously, this is some creepy presenting screen that comes before the title screen.

p203382-2-5kd7zc5.png

As much as I want to say something sarcastic on the spoiler alert, I must restrain myself and continue on.

So far this is looking like just Cave Story with the Kazuma cutscene.

Remember when you said that this game is in Alpha? Does this really look like an Alpha build to you?
p203382-3-nxieip7.png

Yes, I understand, as long as you're able to progress in the level, it's considered Alpha, but the random solid tiles floating in the middle of the water, the extra door takes me to the same spot in the Start Point (maybe for debugging purposes?), and I fall to outside the room boundaries if I go left.

Okay, I did play the first Alpha Build and I was going to complain about this spike that blocks the only necessary jump to the Start Point after you obtain the Polar Star until the second Alpha Build came up, which made me get my hopes up if you tended to that problem. You didn't.
p203382-4-e1zf4uu.png

Not only does this make the game impossible to play after you get the Polar Star, because no one has the time to farm on critters and bats just to get their health back to make the jump again, but also, it's just straight up a dick move to all players but yourself. Just because this can be doable for you does not mean the same goes for everybody else. Because of this necessary jump being blocked off by that spike, this is making me care less about what lies beyond First Cave, so I quit playing the mod.

This mod is incomplete. Sure, the Start Point is /technically/ in Alpha, but the First Cave isn't to those who don't want to be forced to farm up health in order to attempt completing the First Cave. I suggest fixing anything that potentially looks like a problem to everybody else but doesn't seem like that to you.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:51 AM
Well, I just finished alpha 0.01, and... there are quite a few problems.

The jump back to the start point after you get the polar star is much more difficult than any other jump in the demo, unless you are meant to use invincibility frames and jump into the spike. There are many times when the text goes outside the message box, or just isn't shown. There are some places where you can just jump off the map because there is no H/V trigger to stop you. When getting the air tank, there is no <EQ+ so it doesn't work. The game just stops after the cutscene with Sue in bob's house. There are a few more things, but I don't really need to mention them. If any of these problems I had were fixed in alpha 0.02, just ignore those complaints.
Hmmmm... I have fixed the air tank and falling off the map but i can't seem to fix sue in bob's house

Given that they're called alpha builds, that's basically another way of calling them demos. There are several mods in the forum that have been called alpha builds but are actually demos.

So let's try out the mod to see what goes on.

First off, this DoConfig looks awfully familiar.

p203382-0-v6unz0k.png

I don't think anyone has ever questioned if some of the features in this are compatible with a normal Cave Story executable. Since you're new, and have probably never used a hex editor before, I'll let this one slide for the sake of "Courier New being overused".

Now to play the mod!

p203382-1-gymr0np.png

Um, I think I'm too scared to play the mod now. Seriously, this is some creepy presenting screen that comes before the title screen.

p203382-2-5kd7zc5.png

As much as I want to say something sarcastic on the spoiler alert, I must restrain myself and continue on.

So far this is looking like just Cave Story with the Kazuma cutscene.

Remember when you said that this game is in Alpha? Does this really look like an Alpha build to you?

p203382-3-nxieip7.png

Yes, I understand, as long as you're able to progress in the level, it's considered Alpha, but the random solid tiles floating in the middle of the water, the extra door takes me to the same spot in the Start Point (maybe for debugging purposes?), and I fall to outside the room boundaries if I go left.

Okay, I did play the first Alpha Build and I was going to complain about this spike that blocks the only necessary jump to the Start Point after you obtain the Polar Star until the second Alpha Build came up, which made me get my hopes up if you tended to that problem. You didn't.

p203382-4-e1zf4uu.png

Not only does this make the game impossible to play after you get the Polar Star, because no one has the time to farm on critters and bats just to get their health back to make the jump again, but also, it's just straight up a dick move to all players but yourself. Just because this can be doable for you does not mean the same goes for everybody else. Because of this necessary jump being blocked off by that spike, this is making me care less about what lies beyond First Cave, so I quit playing the mod.

This mod is incomplete. Sure, the Start Point is /technically/ in Alpha, but the First Cave isn't to those who don't want to be forced to farm up health in order to attempt completing the First Cave. I suggest fixing anything that potentially looks like a problem to everybody else but doesn't seem like that to you.
In version 0.03 all of this will be fixed

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:59 AM
Okay so the mod is "Incomplete" yes it is so thats why in v0.03 its a D E M O!
It ends once you get- WAIT i shouldn't spoil it

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:00 AM
lol
I have one question; Did you test your mod before releasing it?

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:06 AM
ColdCallerloppy said:
This mod took me by surprise when I started playing; I'm gonna point the problems, think of it as constructive criticism.

1. The "Poo" at the "before title screen" screen looks like "Roo"fix the P
2. For the work Transmission put a "-" at the end of the line to show the word continues on in the next line.
3. I have no clue what the bloody hell a flying critter is doing no-clipping through the floors and stuff!?
4. The "extended" part of the first cave leads into the nothingness where you fall "forever".
5. You can't escape the water part of that place because the ledge isn't put up correctly for the player to escape. And you can't reach the top of the slab thing in the water section.
6. The second door in the start point room leads to the beginning cutscene again. And then never works again unless you reset the game.
7. Make the room more "Organic". By that I mean make it so people feel like they're playing as the character on the island. You should never, ever have someone look at a room and say; "This doesn't look organic enough" or "This looks too organic to be organic" But hey that's my personal nit-pick.
8. In the first cave there's a random water-cave tile left where there used to be a pond-ish pool.
9. Immediately to the right of it is a floating grate with ground particles on the base grate. (If that makes any sense)
10. With the breakable blocks: MAKE SURE NO MATTER WHAT THE PLAYER CAN ESCAPE EVEN IF ALL OF THE BLOCKS ARE DESTROYED! I had to reset the whole game because of that.
11. You don't need a bunch of pointless blocks in a cluster if they're on there to be shot at.
12. The door after the breakable block part is utterly useless. (Wasted time)
13. I shouldn't have to get a life capsule and then hurt myself to advance. (What if someone was at 5 hp or less? They're screwed and have to die, reset, do it all over again to move on and hope they still have 6 hp by the time they get back. If I wanted to play "Story off the rails" I'd play Story of the rails.
14. If you screw up on the jump, gameover, reset, repeat problem 13.
15. After resetting I realized the flying-critter doesn't even hurt you. Story of my social life.
16. Since the only way to advance is to have 6 hp and getting hurt by that spike is the only way up! There's no point in getting exp up to that point.
17. Like problem 5 you can't reach the chest no matter what.
18. Leaving the first cave through the door doesn't have the opened animation. It just fades to black for the last transmission cutscene.
19. Quote is supposed to fall on the ground when entering the Mimiga village as he normally should but. Falls on platform above, teleports in the spot he should've fallen into and gets up normally and can be controllable again on the platform above.....
20. I take the first door and go to water way, I escape back to the Mimiga village through another door you added, place me in an area I can only escape by shooting the fish to death and hopefully not drown. Words can't describe the amount of mental anger.
21. How dare you put the player through that.
22. Below the Mimiga village (For instance Arthur's House) Has no ground under it, if you're gonna add a section to your place, fill in the rest that aren't used!
23. There's a place above Yamishita's farm, why, like why make a place that one can see but can't go to yet.....It's like Ma pignon's room but more obvious and stupid and less "I'll worry about it later".
24. I can apparently go back up into the first cave instantly...."No."
25. Yamishita's sign behind grass. That's all I can say.
26. Random tiles are missing to the right of the Mimiga village where Yamishita's farm should be. What is his farm in the sky?! (It isn't, Pixel had those tiles there for a reason)
27. Random block is missing for the assembly hall outside.
28. Jack is in front of the door but I go inside rather than talk to him....
29. So the grave yard is apparently a 2x1 room.
30. Beyond it is more air, put a barrier in front of it.
31. Jack isn't helping by not guarding the graveyard door but the door proceeds to talk in Jack's voice and blocks me as usual....Because Potatoes.
32. The Map System never had a "YO" in it's name.....
33. After getting it the text it shows in the 3rd line flies off and can't be read.
34. Beyond the chest for the map system. More empty useless blocks!
35. For the shack fix the tile where the tower's left side isn't the same block copied downwards.
36. Your outside view of the shack is misleading. It's the same thing inside.
37. We only needed 1 damn fish in the Reservoir.
38. Death spike in the Reservoir.....My only question. Is why?!
39. In the inventory the Map system is referred to as the "Map System YO" ever again.
40. Wish I had more exp to fight Balrog with. One might argue "Then say No" But that's like saying "Don't have the boss at all. (Another personal nit pick)
41. Talking to Jack again, walks off screen....Seems legit.
42. I look at Bill's grave. If Bill has no impact to the world you're playing in or you as the player. Then there's next to no point in having this "Bill".
43. If only I needed the waterway key. (Look at problem 20)
44. I like the air pockets. I mean I like how you got rid of the water tiles for some places.
45. I go to waterway cabin. Normal. Go to the 2nd door, Egg corridor. I'll worry about that later.
46. Wife bore Child 04-08-08
47. One cannot get to Iron head the Oxygen tank at least I can't find it without killing myself most likely before I find.
48. Egg corridor now. The water sound from the waterway drones on.....FOREVER!
49. Orange liquid doesn't hurt. I don't why that's a problem I have too much Lost Land logic in my head.
50. Egg 17.
51. Random floating spikes.
52. Stacking spikes.
53. Oh boy! A door I can't get into between egg 13 and 14!
54. Sue cutscene begins when I barely am 2 pixels from touching a spike....Woop.
55. Giant spikes above of Sue and Igor.
56. Igor falls into a pit is nowhere near Sue when punching her.
57. More text that falls of screen.
58. Sue teleports to Igor.
59. I wonder how Igor runs away now- He teleports away because the script said so.
60. Another missing block in the Abode.
61. Spike takes place of bottom right block outside of the abode.
62. Random spikes that allow one to go through in Egg 7.
63. Random spike "challenges" They're stupid. This isn't Hell.
64. In Egg .06 the water sound is so annoying with no music to accompany it.
65. Getting out of the Egg the Basil can roam free again with me to try and avoid it....
66. Gee can't get the missile launcher, I was hoping this wasn't hard mode.
67. More text that doesn't fit.
68. More random spikes before Igor.
69. More stupid doors that I can't reach.
70. Would be a shame if I couldn't leave the Igor.
71. A block you didn't fill in allows the player to escape.
72. If only Igor could escape with me.
73. Igor escapes.
74. I defeat Igor outside his fighting arena.
75. Chest one can't open no matter what.
76. The only way to escape the Egg corridor is to get hurt or somehow not hit the spike on your way out.
77. The water sound is gone once you die. That's not how one should get rid of their annoyance.
78. I just realized how to get the Missile launcher but I'm not even bothering trying to get it.
79. When you come out you are inside the block you can't get in of
80. The only way to move on is this. Get hit by an enemy and go through the first spike, and then get hit by the 2nd spike.....words cannot describe how broken this "mod" is. That's the only way to get past.
81. There's a spot by Egg (17) 16 where you can fall out of the world....if you even make it to it.
82. Where it says "Arthur" in the teleport it's all grable text.
83. When Quote says: "POOOOPPP" I assume my character falls through the world and is noone to be seen.....
84. The room I'm supposed to be in looks bland.
85. Missing block, unneeded blocks, 2 Mimigas who I will never know.
86. This game has almost nothing to with Poo.
87. Only 2 things were Poo related. That's makes the name of this mod practically pointless and makes your story you came up with so far useless.

For the next update PLEASE test your mod out to make sure a player can enjoy your game or can play it.
Most of this mod is game breaking errors and simple things you can fix with a click of a mouse. I don't care if testing is boring we've all done please do it so someone like me doesn't have to mentally rage over it.
if you read Misery cursed Bob to only say poop and you have to search for an antidote so I didn't make it for Poop
ALL OF THESE ERRORS WILL BE FIXED IN 0.03 PEOPLE!!!!!!!1!!

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:12 AM
lol
I'm sorry for making you mad, the only problem for me was I can't see the part where the antidote is, so in most cases I assume it hasn't been mentioned period, I can't wait to see the fixes though :)

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:22 AM
I am also redoing the first cave and making it the first and easiest cave

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:42 AM
Stoned Member
Here's some tips:

1.This title makes you seem so mature.
2.SPOILERALERT Quote can only jump 3 blocks high.
3.This level design is cancer.
4.Original story is required for everything.
5.Even my first mod wasn't as bad as this.

I honestly wish you luck for your future in modding.

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:48 AM
QuoteHax said:
Here's some tips:

1.This title makes you seem so mature.
2.SPOILERALERT Quote can only jump 3 blocks high.
3.This level design is cancer.
4.Original story is required for everything.
5.Even my first mod wasn't as bad as this.

I honestly wish you luck for your future in modding.
Okay if any of you people haven't gotten this straight i will say it again IT WILL BE FIXED IN VERSION 0.03